Multiple Combat Sports under one roof, next big thing? Coker?

Kickboxing is the shit. This Glory event had everything a fan of Glory/kickboxing could want. Cro-Cop won a fight (although he didn't look that impressive, IMO), A great fight between Valtellini and De Bonc (and now we'll get to see a rematch between Valtellini and Holzken). A rematch between Schilling and Barrett, a rematch between Schilling and Levin (best fight of the tournament, IMO) a return of Manhoef and the rematch between Daniel Ghita and Rico Varehoven.

The HW title match largely disappointed but this was still a much better card than the UFC have put on for a LONG time. The advantage they have over Bellator of course is that there not competing in the same sport as the UFC.

Honestly I'm finding myself more drawn to kickboxing lately as a lot of what made MMA so appealing has IMHO declined. Most obviously really aggressive ground fighting in MMA has pretty much vanished unless one fighter dominates another as everyones afraid of losing via position.

all they need to do is bring back the yamma pit and they're set

That would be cool a ever changing stage from ring to cage, fighters could challenge to a specialty match grappling or striking only or full MMA rules. OOOOOOOH :icon_lol:

I'm not sure but I think it was DREAM that had a match with Shinya Aoki where one round was strictly kickboxing and the other was MMA.
One of the funniest matches. Aoki got flatlined.

I would trade a mid level MMA fight for a high level competition of any of it's individual parts.

Meaning I would be far more likely to watch a pure MMA card over one that includes MMA, Kickboxing, and Sub Grappling.

Agreed. Mixing all the parts together is much more interesting

Blap!

BELLATOR MMA ANNOUNCES A LANDMARK EVENT IN COMBAT SPORTS HISTORY
Friday, 06-19-2015

b142_master_rotator_glory.jpg

SANTA MONICA, Calif.

Putting Glory fights in with Bellator is a brilliant idea.

I've heard of Glory but never tuned in. I ONLY watch MMA.

Bellator, UFC, maybe WSOF.

Brilliant idea to give us MMA fans more entertainment and bring in Kickboxing to a regular audience.

Coker is amazing.

Putting Glory fights in with Bellator is a brilliant idea.

I've heard of Glory but never tuned in. I ONLY watch MMA.

Bellator, UFC, maybe WSOF.

Brilliant idea to give us MMA fans more entertainment and bring in Kickboxing to a regular audience.

Coker is amazing.

I wasn't into Kickboxing (still not a hardcore) but since Glory 17, I've become a fan.
This Bellator Dymamite event will only add more fans.

I like the fact they will have mixed fights, not so sure I find two separate fighting platforms for one event. They could have done the kickboxing events inside the cage, which is becoming more common recently.

https://youtu.be/2m1j7gAE5Ic?t=388

I hope they set up Raymond Daniels vs. Michael Venom Page in a Glory kickboxing bout for this event.

Back