Muaythai gym questions and answers | Page 78

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by cali_chute_boxe, Sep 24, 2009.

1. VanteMMA Orange Belt

VanteMMA
    Well my first fight was in Feb (that I lost) and I've continued training since, so hopefully I am fit enough.

Yeah some people suggested not booking in advance. But I am thinking it won't hurt to book the first week.

If you plan to be in Phuket in June, we should stay in touch.

2. kingkokong Green Belt

kingkokong
    Only commit to a booking, whether its a week or month if you're absolutely sold on it, as most gyms that I've seen don't refund you. I think a week will be a good feel to see if you wanna stay longer at PTT, or experience what the other gyms are like down the road.

I arrive the Sunday afternoon on the 12th of June for 3 months. So definitely stay in touch mate, we'll have some fun down in Patong lol

VanteMMA likes this.
  3. VanteMMA Orange Belt

VanteMMA
    Will do!

I ll be there 3rd - 25th June.

4. pinoy wrestler Brown Belt

pinoy wrestler
  5. neomacro White Belt

neomacro
    Need some advice from people in the thread. I have a upcoming 2 week vacation in Oct. I have been training Muay thai for about a year now and was wondering if this was a good time for me to schedule a 2 week training camp.

I am still a beginner and have been doing some light sparring in the last few months. My intention is to improve my skills and correct mistakes (proper way to throw punches, kicks, etc.). My focus in the camp wont be for the endurance and strength right now. Would this be a good time for me to join a camp? Or should I graduate to a more skilled level to gain any benefit out of it? Will 2 weeks be enough to make any improvement?

6. Centaur Black Belt

Centaur
    2 weeks will be decent for sure. Especially of you're committed to training everyday, 2x if possible. If you get even 4 hours a day over 2 weeks (with a break on Sunday) that's almost 50 hours of training with (hopefully) top coaches. I say do it asap because ya never know what happens down the road and maybe you wont be able to train. One of my biggest regrets in training was waiting so long to go to Thailand (8 years almost).

kingkokong likes this.
  7. former-monger White Belt

former-monger
    I trying to find a Gym in Pattaya for about 3 weeks im a complete beginner is twin tiger any good.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  8. neomacro White Belt

neomacro
    Thanks for the reply Centaur. The preferred gym right now is Sumalee in Phuket as one my coaches has trained there like a 1.5 years back. Would love to hear feedback from people with any recent trips there or for any other similar gyms. My focus will mostly be around improving technique and power.

9. eddymotto Black Belt

eddymotto
    if you like mauy thai, there is absolutely no "wrong" level to train in Thailand. there is an excellent chance that you will have a great time and learn lots regardless of your level going in

10. MandirigmaFit Blue Belt

MandirigmaFit
    I am heading back to Asia, this time to Cambodia, and am wondering if anyone is in the area of Siem Reap? I will be training at Angkor Fight Club, helping one with one of my fighters that are now living in Cambodia.

11. Kingwilliam White Belt

Kingwilliam
    Hello guys im new to this forum, im going to Thailand in Januari for muay thai training (and some vacation) i have done little bit of muay thai and a little bit of boxing, and im in pretty good shape from strength and conditioning training. However im going to be in Phuket (Chalong) for 15 days and im gonna try out Dragon muay thai, then im going to Koh lanta for a while and since there only seem to be 1 camp there in curious about it so i love some reviews of it. After that im going to Hua hin or Chiang mai. Can you guys recommend anything in Hua or Chiang? And how is Dragon/Lant camps? Im really looking to train with thai people and not farangs. If anyone wanna meet up in Januari im down

12. Ravo White Belt

Ravo
    So I've been training Muay Thai properly, at a gym, for about 3 months more or less, at Crawley Lumpini.
    I've been really interested in going out to Thailand for a month to experience the true Thai culture, and authentic Thai training. I've looked at a lot of camps and done a bit of research, you don't have to tell me not to go to TMT, haha.

So, with a budget of maybe around £1000-ish, 3 months experience, and no interested in doing much other than training, what would be the best camp for me to go to?

13. anorak Brown Belt

anorak
    www.kiatphontipgym.com
    authentic training and culture, can look after all levels. Ben from your gym trained here before.

14. Kingwilliam White Belt

Kingwilliam
    when are you going dude? As said above im gonna be at Dragon (Phuket, Chalong distr) from 6-20 Januari, then at Lanta for 7-10 days and after that im gonna check out some Hua hin gym or maybe Chiang mai

15. Ravo White Belt

Ravo
    More than likely be going in January as well

16. MandirigmaFit Blue Belt

MandirigmaFit
    I am headed to Angkor Fight Club in Siem Reap 25 Sep - 11 Oct to help one of my fighters for his 2nd Muay Thai fight and I will also be teaching a Squat workshop at the gym.

Come by if you're in the area.

17. shtiff93 White Belt

shtiff93
    Hi guys

Ill be travelling to Phuket to train at Kinga Supa Muay Thai (the old Rawai) for two weeks with my gym.
    Ill also be spending an additional 3 weeks there and have decided to spend that time at either Sumalee or Sitsongpeenong, anyone trained at either? thoughts?

cheers

18. Kingwilliam White Belt

Kingwilliam
    Aight just hit me up if you are at Phuket in the middle of januari, im going to Dragon probably

19. nhinder ismokemeth

nhinder
    yes

20. Fitness Factor USA White Belt

Fitness Factor USA
    Hi! Can anyone can recommend an MMA gym near Conrad Hotel in Bangkok? The hotel is located at 87 Witthayu Rd, Lumphini, Pathum Wan in Bangkok. Thank you.