Muay Thai Gym Q&A

Yeah, half the trainers there are banged up and wearing knee sleeves. Sing's got two bad knees, I think, and he's held pads for me at least once every time I've trained there. Same with Pot. I trained at Sinbi late last year and Pot was very active. When I swung by again in February, just to visit, he was holding pads.

I'm kind of in the same boat. There are too many students and too many Russians at Sinbi these days. Too many Russians in at least that area of Phuket, in general. I will say though that they've always done a fantastic job of handling the insane number of people that may be there at any given time. I've been there on days when students outnumber pad holders by an insane ratio and everyone still gets their pad work in.
yes

Hi! Can anyone can recommend an MMA gym near Conrad Hotel in Bangkok? The hotel is located at 87 Witthayu Rd, Lumphini, Pathum Wan in Bangkok. Thank you.

Hi! Can anyone tell me if there is any MMA gyms you can recommend close to Conrad Hotel in Bangkok? The hotel is located at 87 Witthayu Rd, Lumphini, Pathum Wan, Bangkok. Thank you.

W
Yeah, half the trainers there are banged up and wearing knee sleeves. Sing's got two bad knees, I think, and he's held pads for me at least once every time I've trained there. Same with Pot. I trained at Sinbi late last year and Pot was very active. When I swung by again in February, just to visit, he was holding pads.

I'm kind of in the same boat. There are too many students and too many Russians at Sinbi these days. Too many Russians in at least that area of Phuket, in general. I will say though that they've always done a fantastic job of handling the insane number of people that may be there at any given time. I've been there on days when students outnumber pad holders by an insane ratio and everyone still gets their pad work in.

Who care Muay Thai is bullshit. I train Tang Soo Do. Master Giacobbe -- you may have heard of them

Hello, im going to Thailand to train. First stop Phuket, ive been doing Muay thai for 5 months. Im not going to top team or tiger, which one is to prefer between rattachai and dragon muay thai?

@Ryukyu Damashi how's the quality of the training at Muay Thai Plaza?
I was thinking of poping in for a couple of days next week.

Also any hotel you recommend in the area? Nothing to expensive but still nice and quiet

Thanks

I have an apartment in the Phra Khanong/Sukhumvit 71 area, so I don't get over to MT Plaza area much now. When I stayed in hotels in BKK, I stayed at Sukhumvit Suites in Asoke. It was fairly cheap, about 1500 baht a night. Right at the junction of the MRT and BTS.

That said, it isn't far from the Top King shop near the old Lumpinee stadium. I'm sure it is still worth a drop in.

I actually like the Yokkao gym. Manop is a great trainer and Singdam is always friendly and down to spar if you want.

I'll be in BKK December 18-21, before going down to Sitjaopho.

Anyone been to Jittis lately? I'll be in Bangkok in May so thinking of going back here, went in 2009 and I got fantastic training from Rajasak. Not sure what it's like nowadays though.

Last time I was in Bangkok I went to 96 Penang at the recommendation of others from this board, but I had a very bad experience with the place so won't be going back here this time.

Also if anyone knows if Action Zone is still open? I'll definitely pop by if so, best shop in BKK last time I was there.

Thanks

Anyone been to Jittis lately? I'll be in Bangkok in May so thinking of going back here, went in 2009 and I got fantastic training from Rajasak. Not sure what it's like nowadays though.

Last time I was in Bangkok I went to 96 Penang at the recommendation of others from this board, but I had a very bad experience with the place so won't be going back here this time.

Also if anyone knows if Action Zone is still open? I'll definitely pop by if so, best shop in BKK last time I was there.

Thanks

I was at ActionZone about 3 weeks ago or so and they were open. Had limited stock on hand but scored two pairs of Windy gloves. Heading back there the 2nd week of January to pick up some more stuff when I head home to the states.

Thanks
Not sure when you went to 96 Penang, but it changed owners and trainers. I don't go there anymore either. I guess the change is for the better though. Just not the same anymore.

Not sure when you went to 96 Penang, but it changed owners and trainers. I don't go there anymore either. I guess the change is for the better though. Just not the same anymore.

I went in 2014, and I think it was you who actually recommended it to me, are you Matthew?

It was just way too relaxed for me with one easy session a day and the trainer was only interested in taking money off of me rather than actually training me, most of the time I was left on the bags

I did get to do a bit with Bangpleenoi and Aahn though, so it wasn't all doom and gloom.

I will be back in Bangkok in May and am planning on going to Muay Thai Plaza, is it best to get off at the Klong toey MRT stop and then get a motorcycle taxi there?

Any info at all would be great

I went in 2014, and I think it was you who actually recommended it to me, are you Matthew?

It was just way too relaxed for me with one easy session a day and the trainer was only interested in taking money off of me rather than actually training me, most of the time I was left on the bags

I did get to do a bit with Bangpleenoi and Aahn though, so it wasn't all doom and gloom.

I will be back in Bangkok in May and am planning on going to Muay Thai Plaza, is it best to get off at the Klong toey MRT stop and then get a motorcycle taxi there?

I would get off the MRT at the Lumpinee stop.

How is Bangpleenoi IRL and how is it to spar him ?

I always thought that he looks laid back AF and possibly funny.

Working on a trip to Phuket for the Jun 2017 period. Goal is to train for a month. I'm looking at Tiger because it seems pretty well organized as well as has Muay Boran which seems to fit my focus more than Muay Thai alone (not looking to spend any real time in a ring as I'm approaching 50). Love any training advice and any tips on shaving a few bucks off the trip (can I beat the 40000 tbht basic all inclusive rate?). I've trained kickboxing for about a year previously and more recently a year with a Muay Thai/Krav Maga self defense outfit. Outside of class I normally run about 3 days a week as well, already planning to ramp up total cardio training in preps for my visit.

I'm not sure a 50 yr old man will be able to tolerate all those 20 something douchebags.

Ouch, dejrat gym in bkk is quoting 800usd (28000baht)for one month training incl brrakfast and diner, no accommodation.

Saw some interesting footage, but a shame about the sky high price

Hey guys!
Traveling to thailand to train mma and muay thai in april.

Searching for a place thats good for mma too, narrowed it down to AKA and phuket top team. The onsite accommodation on PTT are a huge plus but i heared some crazy shit about the lady who runs it, AKA seems very new and i didnt hear any reviews from 2016..
Who you guys think i should go with? Any other candidates?

Back