Muay thai or boxing gyms in seattle?

n1c3jack3t

White Belt
Reaction score
Anyone know of any good ones, short of amc? I'm interested in a boxing gym moreso, but I'd definitely like to find a MT gym also. I have some experience in boxing, and very little in MT. Any help is appreciated!

Anyone know of any good ones, short of amc? I'm interested in a boxing gym moreso, but I'd definitely like to find a MT gym also. I have some experience in boxing, and very little in MT. Any help is appreciated!

Depends what side of town you are on and whether you plan to compete amy/pro or are just looking for good training. For competitive level training AMC is good for the East Side. Ivan Salaverry's place is down town and Ringdemon offers MMA with KB and Boxing in Tukwila. Why Ringdemon? Demon Mixed Martial Arts

All the local JKD/FMA places seem to offer MT these days. Northwest Kali JKD in Federal Way and MKG Seattle both have good reps as recreational MT places. They are not turning out fighters.

Cappy's and Bumble Bee are probably the best boxing gyms although there are some more recreational type boxing gyms as well.

George Credit has been turning out some decent female boxers and trains out of Judo Champions gym in Renton. The also, of course, offer Judo. They have kinda of a funky attitude down there but quality instruction.

My friend trains BJJ at the Marcelo Alonso gym in Seattle. Although it's primarily a BJJ gym, they do offer boxing and kickboxing sessions.

Depends what side of town you are on and whether you plan to compete amy/pro or are just looking for good training. For competitive level training AMC is good for the East Side. Ivan Salaverry's place is down town and Ringdemon offers MMA with KB and Boxing in Tukwila. Why Ringdemon? Demon Mixed Martial Arts

All the local JKD/FMA places seem to offer MT these days. Northwest Kali JKD in Federal Way and MKG Seattle both have good reps as recreational MT places. They are not turning out fighters.

Cappy's and Bumble Bee are probably the best boxing gyms although there are some more recreational type boxing gyms as well.

George Credit has been turning out some decent female boxers and trains out of Judo Champions gym in Renton. The also, of course, offer Judo. They have kinda of a funky attitude down there but quality instruction.

Wow! Thanks a lot dude. I'm probably gonna check on Bumble Bee, I saw Cappy's prices were pretty up there...are they good prices? (like 130/month for unlimited).

About Judo Champions...I have some BJJ expereience, and when I moved to the area I called them up. I asked if it was a gym like setting, or if they only held classes. I just wanted to know if they had an open mat, and the owner's response was "Yeah, you could probably do that. But you would find that you would get smashed. Come on down."

I understand being confident in your teachings, but as a person inquiring about joining their gym..the guy was an asshole. Totally turned me off to their school, and I will never train there.

Which boxing gym is best if I wanna do some Amateur comps?

Ring demon looks really cool, I'd be interested in doing some grappling as well. Anyone have experience with this place?

Ring demon looks really cool, I'd be interested in doing some grappling as well. Anyone have experience with this place?

Wow! Thanks a lot dude. I'm probably gonna check on Bumble Bee, I saw Cappy's prices were pretty up there...are they good prices? (like 130/month for unlimited).

About Judo Champions...I have some BJJ expereience, and when I moved to the area I called them up. I asked if it was a gym like setting, or if they only held classes. I just wanted to know if they had an open mat, and the owner's response was "Yeah, you could probably do that. But you would find that you would get smashed. Come on down."

I understand being confident in your teachings, but as a person inquiring about joining their gym..the guy was an asshole. Totally turned me off to their school, and I will never train there.

Ringdemon is on the south side, actually not far from Judo Champions. Eric is definitely a better grappler (BJJ BB) than striker but it would be a good place to train for amy MMA.

How do I say this? Cappy's is in a nice location (much more expensive real estate) and has a training format that is friendly to middle class white folks who are semi-serious about boxing or wanting to be a "cage fighter".

Bumble Bee, Judo Champs, also places like South Park and maybe Hillman City are more old-skool, a lot cheaper, not in great neighborhoods and you might get some civil rights lectures and a few ass-whippins if you don't seem like you are from the neighborhood. They are good boxing gyms.

I have another thread asking for some advice, but now after doing a search for boxing-centric info I came across this one............

Anyone know of a boxing or MT gym in the Shoreline area of Seattle or thereabouts? I am just off of Ballinger Way if that helps. I'm like 16 or 17 miles North of Cappy's and ridiculously far from it seems like EVERY other places.

I have checked out MKG before (when I lived closer--it is quite far from my current address) and it seemed really pricey so it is out too.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

NOT looking to compete. Just an older guy with bad knees looking to spar, get in shape and have a good time doing some type of combat sport!

boxinggyms.com has state by state listings.

I've trained at Ring Demon for about a year and recently had my first amateur MMA fight. Eric is a great coach, and all around good guy. There is a good mix of training partners, some serious wanting to fight, and some just in for a workout. As far as grappling I think Eric is one of the most highly respected coaches here in Seattle.

would be nice if Ring Demon had some photos on their website.

Anybody know if AMC Pacific a good place to train muay thai? I've been looking for a muay thai gym, but haven't found much in the Seattle/Tacoma area. I read about ChaiSai in Tacoma, but found out it is now closed...

Maybe I'm retarded, but I haven't seen a single gym that has real pro Thai fighters as coaches anywhere in Seattle. (I'm in the North End BTW)

Real Thai fighters provide the very best pad work in my opinion.

Anybody know if AMC Pacific a good place to train muay thai? I've been looking for a muay thai gym, but haven't found much in the Seattle/Tacoma area. I read about ChaiSai in Tacoma, but found out it is now closed...

I was hoping somebody would tell us a good place for Thai boxing specifically, because I love it.

But since they don't... if you are close to AMC, you SHOULD GO!
It is one of the top 3 places to train MMA in the entire N.W.

I was hoping somebody would tell us a good place for Thai boxing specifically, because I love it.

But since they don't... if you are close to AMC, you SHOULD GO!
It is one of the top 3 places to train MMA in the entire N.W.

Yeah, I was looking for the same thing...a muay thai specific gym/trainer. Unfortunately, it looks like there aren't any in the area, so I might just have to settle for a kickboxing type of place.

Hi everyone, I don't know of any muay thai only gyms here in Seattle but, I would like to add Fight Gods MMA Academy to the mix. I'll admit I'm biased because I am the instructor at the gym. But, we offer classes in all disciplines including muay thai and boxing so, if you're in the Seattle area come check us out!

Fight Gods MMA Academy

Thanks!

Ryan

Back