Muay Thai High: Lando Vannata's Spinning Wheel Kick KO !

God, he made that look buttery smooth.

Has he ever done TKD? I must know.
I Googled it in various ways and it looks like no. I understand why you ask tho - the sidekicks, the snapping lead leg kicks and the KO itself looks like taken straight from a TKD tourney.

Ironically, his opponent (Makdessi) is himself a TKD and Karate blackbelt!

SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION: For more Karate blackbelts in MMA check out the thread in my sig! :D

Gonna agree with the feeling that he has trained under a TKD coach... Not only the kicks, but the way he bounces to deliver some of them...

Last edited:

U know what I'm doing while I'm laid up from getting all the cartilage scraped out of my left hip late next month?

Sitting in front of my computer memorizing everything MuayThaiHigh has posted by watching them a zillion times.

That and hobbling over to the judo and Kickboxing gyms to watch classes will keep my mind sharp before I can start training again.

Lando's definitely getting coached to be more mobile but he reveals his MT base with his T stance stepping forward one always on the mat.

Good hybrid style and vindication for us old TKD guys that there's a ton of applicable stuff to be utilized...

And how about Yiar with the 50/50 leg lock attempt. Anyone find out if his Orbital socket got cracked? I've seen enough of those to bet money that's what shut that eye.

Keep the great clips comming MTH!

U know what I'm doing while I'm laid up from getting all the cartilage scraped out of my left hip late next month?

Sitting in front of my computer memorizing everything MuayThaiHigh has posted by watching them a zillion times.

That and hobbling over to the judo and Kickboxing gyms to watch classes will keep my mind sharp before I can start training again.

Lando's definitely getting coached to be more mobile but he reveals his MT base with his T stance stepping forward one always on the mat.

Good hybrid style and vindication for us old TKD guys that there's a ton of applicable stuff to be utilized...

And how about Yiar with the 50/50 leg lock attempt. Anyone find out if his Orbital socket got cracked? I've seen enough of those to bet money that's what shut that eye.

Keep the great clips comming MTH!

Haha Damn Thanks for this positive feed back I am extremely flattered !

Please share my Facebook Page / Youtube Page / Instagram with your friends and family as it will help my channel reach a greater audience and hopefully more people will begin to appreciate the beauty of striking and stand up art

My new video of Stipe Miocic VS Junior Dos Santos UFC 211 is up now by the way if you want to check it out !

Most kicking styles got a spinning wheel kick. Or many others.

But that kick in the video is done the TKD way.

A typical muay thai spinning kick look different.

Most kicking styles got a spinning wheel kick. Or many others.

But that kick in the video is done the TKD way.

A typical muay thai spinning kick look different.
Digging the new color.

Back