Muay thai belt system

There's no ranking system in Muay Thai whatsoever. Period. Go to Thailand and see for yourself if you don't believe me. Any Muay Thai schools that's not in Thailand that does that shit is clearly a mcdojo.

I'd assume Thais that run schools like this are not immune from this McDojo label...even former pro fighters.

American ideals tend to corrupt everything, I suppose.

I think it's a Chuteboxe thing
funny you say that. My academy's MT instructor (luiz azerado) is chuteboxe and we do the whole colored band system. Only put on at end of class and sparring days usually.

funny you say that. My academy's MT instructor (luiz azerado) is chuteboxe and we do the whole colored band system. Only put on at end of class and sparring days usually.

Well, Brazilian MT came from TKD guys, right? It (ranks) would make sense in the Chute Boxe context.

Untitled-1.png.580508b012b1ae7e1e8074c640d4d4c2.png

MUAY THAI LEVELS OF PROFICIENCY

This and the Muay Thai Amateur graduation system used by all federations

All amateur muay thai organizations recognize this Undergraduate system

See below for:

Kru Muaythai Association

http://www.krumuaythai.or.th/muay/

WMC - World Muaythai Council

and

IFMA - International Federation of Muaythai Amateur

http://www.wmcmuaythai.org/2017/10/10/ifma-and-wmc-continues-sport-education-and-cultural-exchange

World Muaythai Federation W.M.F.

http://www.worldmuaythaifederation.site/campaigns-and-initiatives/

ASSOCIATION INSTITUTE OF THAI MARTIAL ARTS

http://www.aitma.de/curriculum_muaythai.htm

The belt system:

2739181023_e2f8b65b01.jpg

samart-payakaroon.jpg

Its still very confusing however. Because I'd rather have the skills of the guy with only 3 belts than 5.

<[analyzed}>

negative white, more like dingy belt
You're like those dirty BJJ guys (scratch that, all grapplers. Grapplers are naturally dirty people in general) who never wash their belts and end up with belt worm

You're like those dirty BJJ guys (scratch that, all grapplers. Grapplers are naturally dirty people in general) who never wash their belts and end up with belt worm

no shoes on the matt

take a shower

wash your gear

RINGWORM

no shoes on the matt

take a shower

wash your gear

RINGWORM
The fact those need to be placed on a poster every other square foot is proof.

Gotta spend money and resources to constantly remind grapplers not to be filthy bums is a bad sign

The fact those need to be placed on a poster every other square foot is proof.

Gotta spend money and resources to constantly remind grapplers not to be filthy bums is a bad sign

lol

I think its just people in general. 9-10 people are complete idiots.

in all seriousness I dont see anything wrong with a belt system in muay thai though. Not for elite fighters, but for the average person and kids etc. i think its a good thing. The reason is this, if your not going to fight, theres no "advancement". I think its good for kids and the like to know they are improving and progressing even if they arent fighting. Maybe like a coaches personal program. but dont run around telling people your a muay thai black belt.

in all seriousness I dont see anything wrong with a belt system in muay thai though. Not for elite fighters, but for the average person and kids etc. i think its a good thing. The reason is this, if your not going to fight, theres no "advancement". I think its good for kids and the like to know they are improving and progressing even if they arent fighting. Maybe like a coaches personal program. but dont run around telling people your a muay thai black belt.
The problem with the belt system is there's going to be inflation of some sort. Athletic competitive belt #2 will obviously outperform a hobbyist belt #3 or 4.

Rank is nice, and we have a reward, but it should be kept internally with the gym, and not used as a criteria.

I've seen quite a few times guys who have done great things in wrestling ask to be placed in the blue belt div, only to be told no, your BJJ rank ain't that, and he ends up looking like a sandbagger because Joe blow after 6 months of BJJ wanted to see what the waters were like

The problem with the belt system is there's going to be inflation of some sort. Athletic competitive belt #2 will obviously outperform a hobbyist belt #3 or 4.

Rank is nice, and we have a reward, but it should be kept internally with the gym, and not used as a criteria.

I've seen quite a few times guys who have done great things in wrestling ask to be placed in the blue belt div, only to be told no, your BJJ rank ain't that, and he ends up looking like a sandbagger because Joe blow after 6 months of BJJ wanted to see what the waters were like

yes, i think belt system is good for non fighters. unlike muay thai, its pretty had to water down BJJ.

yes, i think belt system is good for non fighters. unlike muay thai, its pretty had to water down BJJ.
It can kinda

There's guys that focus on winning the game by compu-strikes opposed to going for the finish.

Lower level that basically ends up being they lock them in a greco type clinch throw bullshit rounded knees and stall, then repeat.

BJJ started that way, then now its on the autistic retarded inverted bootscooting nonsense.

to me it comes down to competing and not which is what will determine if a gym's more McDojo than another.

Not this crap again......Muay Thai, ranking system.......for kids and OAP's maybe

Back