Muay thai belt system

They are not responsible for issuing an undergraduate degree in muaythai

look closely at the bottom right. I looked into this when I saw samart and yod dressed up like this, there is a local guy who started a muay thai gym, he has pictures of himself dressed up like this with samart so I did a bit of digging. Appearently it is issued by the sports authority of thailand.

does anyone know how to go about getting one of these certificates?

6N1A4je.jpg

look closely at the bottom right. I looked into this when I saw samart and yod dressed up like this, there is a local guy who started a muay thai gym, he has pictures of himself dressed up like this with samart so I did a bit of digging. Appearently it is issued by the sports authority of thailand.

6N1A4je.jpg

Yes but I'm not telling you until you find Payak on the mountain top and defeat him in unarmed combat...........and run the 1000 banana tree kumite, whilst being chased by 100 Asian hornets.......

These certificates were issued by the Thai government for recognition of the teachers of muaythai and their graduation.

Later it will be used by the WMF

6N1A4je.jpg

I do not understand your applications?
What you want more as proof of graduation recognition by the Thai government. The king wearing colorful prajied?

Yes but I'm not telling you until you find Payak on the mountain top and defeat him in unarmed combat...........and run the 1000 banana tree kumite, whilst being chased by 100 Asian hornets.......

I do not understand your applications?
What you want more as proof of graduation recognition by the Thai government. The king wearing colorful prajied?

Is that you Payak?!?! Born of a Farang and an Isan Prostitute......

Muay Thai is a ring sport, if you want to call what you are trying to achieve something else, then that's great.........But it's not going to be Muay Thai, Belts are won in a ring, just like boxing and there are 100's of Muay Thai gyms that operate without a grading system, in Thailand alone.

Muay thai belts are about as important as sherdog belts.

These certificates were issued by the Thai government for recognition of the teachers of muaythai and their graduation.

Later it will be used by the WMF

you sound full of shit. It says issued by the thailand sports authority on the bottom right.

heres zaza with the same certificate issued by the sports authority of thailand, and heres what she has to say about it, poorly translated by google.

"Received C license Muaythai coach certificate which was certified by Muathai commission sport of Thailand.
Get Certificate of Class C Boxing Instructor Certificate by the Sports Boxing Board of Thailand."

21231272_2380402345519273_3802365623500227252_n.jpg

Last edited:

you then have to defend yourself from Dan the Wolfman OG straight outta detroits 10 man ambush stick attack.

Respect me.
Who's talking shit and you!
This delivery ceremony was held by the Thai government
This is written Boxing as it is the same organization that oversees both sports

you sound full of shit. It says issued by the thailand sports authority on the bottom right.

heres zaza with the same certificate issued by the sports authority of thailand, and heres what she has to say about it, poorly translated by google.

"Received C license Muaythai coach certificate which was certified by Muathai commission sport of Thailand.
Get Certificate of Class C Boxing Instructor Certificate by the Sports Boxing Board of Thailand."

21231272_2380402345519273_3802365623500227252_n.jpg

I'm referring to the amateur and unprofessional Muay Thai. Because there is a difference between the two in case you do not know!

Muay thai belts are about as important as sherdog belts.

21319106_2380402452185929_3404757202694131397_o.jpg

Received C license Muaythai coach certificate which certified by Muathai commission sport authority of Thailand and sport authority of Thailand.

Last edited:
View attachment 432441

Received C license Muaythai coach certificate which certified by Muathai commission sport authority of Thailand and sport authority of Thailand.

right like i said, sports authority of thailand. not issued by the thai government.

first you say it is issued by the thai government, now you say it is issued by the sports authority of thailand which is what i said in the first place.

there is a difference between amateur and un-professional muay thai? sounds to me like they would both be considered amatuer.

I search MTSBA and it says they are the only ones in Thailand that do it. Their Facebook shows mainly LARP’s in Muay Boran costumes.
To be honest I think I’d treat it the same way I treat BJJ belts. If somebody wants to give me one that’s great, but I’m not going out of my way for it, and I’m sure as shit not paying for a fucking grading! I’ll stick with my white monkong and keep rag dolling the black belts thanks. As long as the training is good.
I think I’d be pretty embarrassed to tell people outside the gym about it too. Bjj is a bit cringy but isn’t so bad because it’s related to competition, but MT?
“how many fights have you had?”
“None, but I’m a brown Mongkol!”
Ugh!

I'm replying a bit late, but it seems you and me have the same approach.

I did Shotokan Karate and then Kyokushin Karate before transitioning to Muay Thai and in Karate I never bothered with grading unless it was restricting me from something.

So when I switched to Kyokushin I put a white belt on out of respect even though the instructor always said "if someone before me gave you a black belt who am I to take it away fro you". I mean I always found ridiculous to see some out-of-shape black belts coming back from a 15 years break from Karate and wearing their black belt still, so for me if you switch style or make a come back after a long time you should put a white belt on again and earn the belt again.

I stayed at white belt in Kyokushin for probably 2 or 3 years as I never wanted to spend time learning kata and other syllabus stuff just to get a belt, and usually the grading would be on a special evening just for grading so I just wouldn't go to that. Eventually after those 2 or 3 years there were tournaments where you needed to be at least green belt to enter, so then I was up for grading to green belt and did all the requirements to go from white (10th kyu) belt to green belt (4th Kyu), essentially grading for 7 belts at once in the same evening (took about 3 or 4 hours).

But during my time as a white belt it was funny to see the reactions from people when I visited other dojos or attended seminars and it came to holding pads for me or sparring.

The real problem is that belts are given completely differently depending on the style of karate, the organisation or even the dojo, so you could end up fighting a green belt who would absolutely beat your ass while a black belt from another dojo could easily be man handled.

In Muay Thai it feels even more like a joke.

Back