Muay Thai Beats the Crap Out of Karate Everyday (Twice on Sunday)

an very nonsense discussion

there isnt high level guys from Karate(not talking about north american mc dojos) and the "muay thai" on MMA is laughable

MMA fighters with standard bases on Karate and beat MT based MMA fighters and vice versa

comparing Apples with Oranges in a sport that haves nothing strongly legit related with both sports

Dutch kickboxing was invented because the best kyokushin fighters in Europe went to Thailand and got wrecked by the MT fighters. So smartly they took the best of kyokushin and combined it with the best of MT and Dutch kickboxing was born.

This is actually pretty well documented.

Andy hug is bad mofo.
I think I remember reading about that a while back. Yeah Dutch kickboxing would be great to learn. On average karate fighters get their ass handed to them, but there are exceptions to the rule is my point. I don't think Karate was meant for dealing with people that well trained really.

Or nah

Sem-schilt.jpg
<FookIsThatGuy>

What'd you say? I forgot.

Only in recent years. The put the best kyokushin karate fighters against the best thai fighters and karate won 3-2.

Andy Hug whipped some muay thai ass and didn't always need K-1 rules to do it

Are these matches available to watch?

Are these matches available to watch?
yeah 1 of them is. It's black and white and a bit grainy. Essentially back in the day the karate guys were pretty damn competent grapplers similar to judoka as well so they would keep tripping them down. I will try to find it for you

Heres 1 where karate lost in the tournament

and the main one I'm trying to showcase I'm having a hard time finding but will keep looking.
I've seen it online before. Basiclly the Kareteka was like fuck you and kept tripping him to the canvas and won a decision but I can't find it tonight.

Last edited:
everyday? even the day machida beat shogun?

sorry guys, had to do it

There aren’t many guys with a Karate or TKD background that get into “cage fighting”. It’s kind of frowned upon.

Also, a large portion of Karate and TKD is heavily based upon self defense. Sure you can use it as a deadly weapon but it’s primary objective isn’t to attack and only attack at 100% like MT fighters where they train spefically to fight and do damage. It’s evident in the striking where you’ll see MT fighters wind up their kicks and kick with the shin and heavily incorporate elbows/knees.

everyday? even the day machida beat shogun?

sorry guys, had to do it
you mean the first fight where most people thought shotgun won so shogun got an immediate rematch and knocked machida the fuck out? Yeah we remember that.

Isn't that is like saying BJJ>Judo, therefor CM Punk would beat Teddy Riner??

There levels to this shit and Wonderboy is far from just a karate practitioner and even outwrestled D1 wrestling stud Woodley at times.

Muaythai fighter are usually trained for the ring whilst karate isnt really applied to anything in that sense.. also mauythai tend to spare alot more.. from what id assume at your average karate mcdojo.. but wjen it comes to individuals it really comes down to the training and experience.. wonderboy has beaten boxer and mt guys before when stylistically he should be losing.. ultimately its an mma figjt and if you apply your style well enough you will find success.

This kid is once every 10 years....from Japan...fighting in Thailand...beating all the champions...

People poking fun at muay thai really have no clue, come here and see for yourself.

American steel always beats British glass bro

Back