Muay thai bagwork and shadowboxing vid

Okay well I'm probably going to get a lot of criticism for this but here is the 3rd bagwork video:

Yesterday I couldn't film any bagwork because I came to the gym late, and they didn't let me hit the bag for long because their was a yoga class in the gym.

1 question Should I throw more punches then kicks? Because I feel like I'm not at my full potential if I just try to throw a kick after every punch combination.

need to relax man and be more up right (posture). it's muay thai lol. it'll help with the kicks

your body should feel like you're... idk floating in a wave motion kinda. then throw whilst staying relaxed whilst focusing on technique... no need to rush lol

spend more time in front of a mirror focusing on technique imo

need to relax man and be more up right (posture). it's muay thai lol. it'll help with the kicks

your body should feel like you're... idk floating in a wave motion kinda. then throw whilst staying relaxed whilst focusing on technique... no need to rush lol

spend more time in front of a mirror focusing on technique imo

Thank you for the feedback. I got like a mirror at home. I sometimes shadowbox in front of that.

Could see your feet bro. No diea if you were doing the right thing. Camera made it hard to see the 4 & 6. One thing my coach always yells at me for is to never back out straight.

Could see your feet bro. No diea if you were doing the right thing. Camera made it hard to see the 4 & 6. One thing my coach always yells at me for is to never back out straight.

Ok so back out laterally got it.

Ok so back out laterally got it.

Its like hands up and chin down- easier said then done, esp. when fatigued. my gym has a standard rule that you can tag someone (lightly of course) if their hands drop during pad work.

Its like hands up and chin down- easier said then done, esp. when fatigued. my gym has a standard rule that you can tag someone (lightly of course) if their hands drop during pad work.

Ok that should be easy

I've only been doing MT like 18 months or so, so really what do I know :)

When your instructor hits you in the head during padwork all the time that's when you know. Also I have 5 years of muay thai and boxing. My 2nd instructor I had in those 5 years would always hit me during padwork, that's how I learnt to block real well, but I think I need to refresh on it a bit that's why I'm training with a Nigerian amateur boxer from Newark who also has mma and muay thai experience (we meet up at a park near my house but he's only able to train for like 10 mins really because he does his workouts their so it's really limited but it's better then nothing).

Last edited:
Well if that is not a troll comment idk what it is lol. Ain't nobody think my videos are in slow motion.

It's not a troll comment. Here's the thing. People that post bagwork or shadow boxing videos on here with "Please critique or give me suggestions" are really looking for ego petting. Translated it means "Please tell me how good I am. Don't say anything bad. Tell me how awesome I am." People post these videos on here but don't want the truth.

It's not a troll comment. Here's the thing. People that post bagwork or shadow boxing videos on here with "Please critique or give me suggestions" are really looking for ego petting. Translated it means "Please tell me how good I am. Don't say anything bad. Tell me how awesome I am." People post these videos on here but don't want the truth.

Speak for yourself, I invite the constructive criticism, as long as it's constructive and not "you suck". The best way for a fighter to improve is to listen to peoples advice and criticism and make adjustments.

It makes me wonder if your a fighter or not? That is the real question.

It makes me wonder if your a fighter or not? That is the real question.

Why would that matter? You're asking for comments on a forum and it's likely most posters on here aren't "fighters."

Why would that matter? You're asking for comments on a forum and it's likely most posters on here aren't "fighters."

It does matter lol, if your a fighter then you have credibility, but some of us are just using limited resources, I'm using sherdog for a limited time and am about to be working 2 jobs, and I am going to pay for a membership at another gym. This will be my 5th fight gym I've trained at but it is what it is.

So if your going to criticize people putting up videos on here, stop to think how they are getting started with their career. First off I have not been in a fight gym since July of 2017. And I just got back into training myself in June, so then I thought about it and I thought I could get some limited instruction from sherdog si I decided to post some videos. Keep in mind that i don't try to get an ego boost but I try to get a skill boost.

It does matter lol, if your a fighter then you have credibility, but some of us are just using limited resources, I'm using sherdog for a limited time and am about to be working 2 jobs, and I am going to pay for a membership at another gym. This will be my 5th fight gym I've trained at but it is what it is.

So if your going to criticize people putting up videos on here, stop to think how they are getting started with their career. First off I have not been in a fight gym since July of 2017. And I just got back into training myself in June, so then I thought about it and I thought I could get some limited instruction from sherdog si I decided to post some videos. Keep in mind that i don't try to get an ego boost but I try to get a skill boost.

You're right. You and spacetime should compare notes.

You're right. You and spacetime should compare notes.

Spacetime is a bitch who has not trained a day in his life, he's only trained that taekwondo shit, which is useless when on own.

I have trained for 5 years in muay thai and boxing I'm still green, but I was close to fighting 4x in the past 3 years. I am not like the posters that train in their garage and have not trained in an actual fight gym.

Back