Benoit taps HHH at WM30
Davey Boy beats Bret Hart at Summer Slam
Hogan Slams Andre
Austin 3:16

Hogan Slams Andre
Macho and Elizabeth's wedding
Mid-Air Cena

Off the top of my head I'm going with the following.

Hogan Slams Andre
Mankind wining the title
Mankind flying of the top of the cage
Michaels beating Bret in the iron man match, and winning the title.

Mine // not objective. Note: born in 86 so although I've gone back and watched a lot of classic moments I'm not considering them unless I saw them live while they occurred.

1. HBK Hart iron man.

2. Bret Austin --- austin bleeding in the sharpshooter. To me this was much more holy shit Austin 316 than his KoTR post interview (which was GREAT as well).

3. Montreal screw job. So much confusion and mixed emotions at the time. It wasn't clear then live what was happening but you knew something was wrong and the shit hit the fan.

4. daniel Bryan turning on bray. That reaction still gives me the feels and then it was full on Bryan revolution till mania.

Honorable mentions

Hardys vs E&C ladder match (no mercy?). The first tag team ladder match between these guys. It was a roller coaster and took all four from lower / mid card to a great age of tag team wrestling and some of he most anticipated matches on cards.

Austin / tyson.

Y2J debut. the hype for it was unbelievable. Then to finally see Jericho and rock go at it was amazing

Top 4 most iconic moments... go

Objectively:
Hogan slams Andre
The Montreal Screwjob
Taker throws Mankind off of the cell

Mine:
Benoit taps HHH at WM30
Hogan Slams Andre
Your objective list is pretty hard to argue with although if I was to change anything I may replace Mankind with the first Wrestlemania just because of what it meant to Vinces National Expansion

Objectively:
Hogan slams Andre
The Montreal Screwjob

Mine:
Benoit taps HHH at WM30
Hogan Slams Andre
Shows how good a worker Benoit is having been a corpse for most of a decade at WM30.

Objectively:
Hogan slams Andre
The Montreal Screwjob

Mine:
Benoit taps HHH at WM30
Hogan Slams Andre

Pretty hard to argue against the bolded. Maybe with Superfly going off the top of the cage in MSG as an honorable mention.

Mine:
The arrival of Y2J
DX invades WCW
HBK kicks a little girl in the face
Kurt Angle moonsaults off of the cage
(And I've been a fan since '85, brother!)

Hogan beating Sheik to kick off Hulkamania and Vince's national expansion aspirations
"Welcome to Wrestlemania!" - Vince
Montreal Workjob (because it led to the evil Mr McMahon character)

what about the last Nitro, WWF purchases WCW, solidifying the winner of the Monday Night Wars

what about the last Nitro, WWF purchases WCW, solidifying the winner of the Monday Night Wars
That was the official end but the writing was on the wall almost a year earlier.

Hogan vs Andre buildup + The Slam
Macho Man/Miss Elizabeth Reunite
Hbk throws Marty through the Barbershop window
MTL Screwjob

Four epic moments in history:

WM 6 Hogan vs Warrior - champion vs champion encounter
pre-Survivor Series Jake unleashing Damian on Macho Man
WM 13 Bret submitting Stone Cold in the sharpshooter
pre-WM 14 Shawn allying with Iron Mike Tyson on RAW

*WM 18 Hogan leg dropping Rock and winning over the Toronto crowd
*WM 10 Razor winning the ladder match

Last edited:
Hbk throws Marty through the Barbershop window

Watching this as a child at the time was such a shocking moment for me in the realm of professional wrestling. It was a literal feeling of betrayal and took me years to ever root for HBK after this happened. Such an iconic moment in professional wrestling and for me as a fan.

Marty jumps through the Barbershop window to run from Shawn
FTFY

Seriously though, that was pretty big. I'll have to sit down and think about it but there's way too many to just have one Mt. Rushmore. Some not listed are the Pipebomb/MITB 2011 Punk vs. Cena, Warrior vs. Hogan at Mania 6 for the Passing of the Torch, Eddie and Benoit at the end of Wrestlemania 20, the original Brand Split, HHH taking over D-X after Wrestlemania 14 and Waltman returning.

FTFY

Seriously though, that was pretty big. I'll have to sit down and think about it but there's way too many to just have one Mt. Rushmore. Some not listed are the Pipebomb/MITB 2011 Punk vs. Cena, Warrior vs. Hogan at Mania 6 for the Passing of the Torch, Eddie and Benoit at the end of Wrestlemania 20, the original Brand Split, HHH taking over D-X after Wrestlemania 14 and Waltman returning.
I was wondering if anyone was going to say hhh taking over Dx raw after mania 14. As an HBK mark HhH speech really rustlemania me

Hogan Slamming Andre

Austin giving Vince the the Stone Cold Stunner (the very first one)

Taker throwing Foley through the cage

Montreal Screw Job

Vince buys the territory from his father.

Hooking up with Dick Ebersole.

Using syndication to it's maximum effect.

Selling the WTBS slot back to Crockett to pay for WrestleMania

Back