Shoop MS PAINT v2 SHOOP CONTEST: UFC 229! Sign Up Thread.

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
You knew it was coming. It's time for a shoop tournament! The MS Paint Shoop Contest was wildly successful last year, with 40 shoopers signing up for glory over two fantastic rounds. In the end, Cowboy Cerrolivera prevailed in the final round, followed closely by Vasili with Empty Emp taking third place.

229 poster - UPDATED.png
Image will be updated to reflect additional prizes, if applicable.​

Sign ups will close 10 PM ET/7PM PT on October 5, 2018. This is 24 hours before the UFC 229 Main Card start time which is October 6, 2018 at 10 PM ET/7 PM PT. This gives us 24 hours to send out any necessary messages to the contestants.

Winners will have their work featured on the Sherdog.com main page as well as our social media, and prizes currently include a $30 Amazon eGift card for first place, $20 Amazon eGift card for second place and a $10 Amazon eGift card for third place.

As we have more than 20 entrants, we will make a second round that will take place at UFC 230 on November 3, 2018.

As always, good-natured trash talking is allowed in this thread.

THE RULES, please read them:

• First and foremost, you are responsible for knowing the rules in this contest at all times. No excuses, play like a champion.

• If you want to sign up, post your intentions in this thread and tag @jei. Make it PERFECTLY CLEAR that you want to enter. Do not just post a .gif as your intent to sign up. It will be ignored. Do not say "IN" or anything else that can be misinterpreted. "I want to sign up @jei" would be a good response.

• Make sure you are entered under the "Contestants" list in this post. It's up to you to make sure we have seen your post and that you are entered. This is VERY important. I will reply to every entrant that I see, but please double check that you are on the list.

• Entries will be submitted to @jei in a PM with your Username and “MS Paint Entry” in the title. Please do not submit your entries until after UFC 229 ends. I receive a lot of PMs and it's best if all the entries are together and titled properly. If it is entered days before the contest it may get lost or overlooked. If you have a compelling reason to enter it early, then PM @jei and explain.

• Do not attach your images to Sherdog when submitting them or they will not be accepted. Please use a proper image host like https://imgbb.com or https://imgur.com.

• The deadline for submission is 10 PM ET on October 9, 2018, 72 hours after UFC 229's Main Card start time.

• Voting will start shortly thereafter and will last for 3 days.

• One entry per person.

• Drawings must relate to UFC 229.

• MS Paint Drawings only! If you are on a Mac, you can use Paintbrush. Do not use ANY other program besides these two. Trust me, we can tell.

• Your Entry must be 100% drawn in MS Paint, and no templates or external sources are to be used.

• You can start early if you want.

• Single frame, static images only. This means no storyboard drawings in any way, shape or form.

• No vote trolling, asking or coercing others to vote for your entry. You will be banned from future shoop contests.

• No threads about specific entrants until after the contest ends.

• Do not post your images anywhere on the internet before or during the contest or you will be disqualified.

• If you have any questions, ask in this thread or PM @jei or @bigwaverider. If you think your drawing might not be within the rules, as these shoops will be posted to the main page, please ask @jei, @Slobodan or @Valhoven first.

• Rules and prizes are subject to change.​

Last edited:
Heh

NOT IN !!!!!

fPxyGup.jpg

Someone make one of Khabib KO'ing Conor with a wheel kick

paint is the kind of tech I can use so IN @ jei

paint is the kind of tech I can use so IN @ jei
Got you. This is the kind of contest that anyone with any skill level can join, and if you're terrible at drawing like I am, it's even funnier.

Good luck everyone, but...

giphy.gif

Do anyone remember that I won the first round of the first MS paint contest? Anyone? Not even a HOF mention? Hello? Guys?

CuYCTjc.gif

Last edited:
feel like I wasted so much time reading the rules i lost interest by the time i was done

@jei why wouldn't you do a normal shoop contest for a huge event like Khabib vs Conor? An MS paint contest is a waste of a huge event like that imo....

Some shoopers use different tools and apps like PicsArt on their phone and stuff...

Making it only MS Paint seriously restricts the potential the contest could have and a big event like UFC 229 will bring a lot of users on the forum so it would have been a perfect opportunity to let shoopers be as creative as possible with whatever tools they use while getting as many eyes as possible.

Last edited:
I dont have time to participate and make a decent draw <DCrying><DCrying><DCrying>

@jei why wouldn't you do a normal shoop contest for a huge event like Khabib vs Conor? An MS paint contest is a waste of a huge event like that imo....

Some shoopers use different tools and apps like PicsArt on their phone and stuff...

Making it only MS Paint seriously restricts the potential the contest could have and a big event like that will bring a lot of users on the forum so it would have been a perfect opportunity to let people be as creative as possible.
So that's a no from you, then?

So that's a no from you, then?
Some can't handle the precise and sophisticated tools offered by MS Paint.

Also, I take back everything I said earlier, count me in, please. @jei

rGvmqNO.png

Last edited:
Some can't handle the precise tools offered by MS.

Also, I take back everything I said earlier, count me in, please.
Thrilled to hear that, I loved your entry from the first round. Your Maia backpack slayed me. And it's funny, some people, or really just one so far, have issue with MS Paint. We had more people enter that MS Paint contest than any shoop contest in years. Creativity and imagination was at a premium in that contest.

Back