Mr. Finland is back! Liverpool

Who you got?

• Total voters
Hick Diaz can't stop a takedown to save his life.

Makone by 30-27 UD.

MMA Fight Night Live just posted it.

Should be pretty damn fun, glad to see Mr Finland get a fight.

Who ya got?

02E22651-D49C-4EC1-9448-E1614DF568F4.jpeg

Awesome fight!

I take Jason here- think he bounces back

Like them both tho

Given how diabolically bad Knight looked against fucking 'Moggly' Benitez, I reckon Makwan wins this rather comfortably. Better wrestling, decent cardio, decent enough BJJ to defend a few triangles and elbows from guard. Knight won't get much joy standing, Makwan will just take him down repeatedly to a UD.

Return of the Makwan = fuck yeah!

I wonder if he perfected any new special finishing moves.

Has the potential to be either a very good scrap with tons of scrambling, or a replacement treatment for Ambien.

I'm not nearly as confident in Makwan's ability to take Knight down as a lot of people in this thread seem to be. Makwan doesn't really set his takedown attempts up whatsoever and prefers to rely on his opponents either overextending with their lead foot and shooting reactively, or simply diving onto an ankle or a knee tap from afar if his opponent is being conservative in coming forward, the latter of which is not a smart approach at all against a guy like Knight who has very underrated submission skills.

Knight's a dynamic finisher no matter how badly he's performed in his last few fights, and you don't want to put yourself into a disadvantageous grappling position just to initiate a grappling scenario of any sort, which is something that Makwan has done against lesser opponents multiple times due to his confidence in his wrestling.

All in all, I could easily see this becoming a real snoozefest in which Knight goes into full Anderson Silva mode and does nothing but stare at Makwan wait for him to initiate and look to do nothing except counter.

Knights underrated on the ground which will keep him or of trouble
Makwan will gas and knight stops him in the 3rd

I've spoken

It's happening

Knight goes into full Anderson Silva mode and does nothing but stare at Makwan wait for him to initiate and look to do nothing except counter.
I don't see at all how that could happen, even being outstruck badly against Benitez he was coming forward and trying to throw and initiate trades..
I really think he's the type of guy who prefers to lose in a good fight than win a boring decision. Agree about the rest.

I don't see at all how that could happen, even being outstruck badly against Benitez he was coming forward and trying to throw and initiate trades..
I really think he's the type of guy who prefers to lose in a good fight than win a boring decision. Agree about the rest.
We'll see.

Bare in mind that Knight has lost 2 in a row, so it wouldn't really be that far-fetched to think that he'd want to secure an actual win, even if it means adopting a more conservative approach. His UFC contract may very well be on the line here.

We'll see.

Bare in mind that Knight has lost 2 in a row, so it wouldn't really be that far-fetched to think that he'd want to secure an actual win, even if it means adopting a more conservative approach. His UFC contract may very well be on the line here.
I don't think so. New days man.. if you go out on your shield in a good fight you always get another chance now, Darren Stewart and Terrion Ware, both 0-3 and weren't cut.. Many people like Knight personality, i don't think he's going to be cut if he loses that next fight, Amirkhani is a tough guy.

People are saying that Mak only uses fighting in the UFC to maintain his celebrity in Finland.
This is it. At first I thought he was dumb for milking his UFC fighter status by doing every possible celebrity reality TV show here in Finland, plus all the commercials (without actually fighting, like ever). Then I realized that he will only have his celebrity status as long as he is listed as a UFC fighter. Still, he had potential, if he really dedicated himself to MMA and his UFC career he could be something, but i guess it was just celebrity status he was after...

Tough come back fight for Mr. Finland. Dudes probably too busy drowning in threesomes to take training seriously.

I think it's hillarious that everyone loved this guy, but when he went to SBG and Kav, everyone then hated him. KeK.

Good fight, Amirkhani has really made a mess of his potential and early hype by fighting so infrequently it's hard to really care that much.
Can't help but think it has something to do with him going to SBG. He said All Stars trains much harder, but he likes to easy cerebral training at SBG. Sadly tho, SBG has probably the greatest gassing problem in Mixed Martial Arts: Gunni gassed in a round vs Maia, Paddy lost to Smolka because he gassed, Conor to Nate and Mayweather because he gassed, and Makwan lost his last fight because he gassed and even almost lost his first fight with SBG because he was gassed in the third. They are the antithesis to AKA.

I think SBG grew to such prominence when Conor was poor, hungry, good natured, and he lifted the level of everyone else around him. Now that he is rich, contented and Gunni does not really train with them, I believe that is why they are sucking badly recently.

Last edited:
Back