MP3 player recommendations

GergreG

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Can anybody recommend a MP3 player for me?

I'd like to synch it with bluetooth headphones if possible and also have the option to use connected headphones as well. Most importantly I want to be able to easily transfer my music from my iTunes (iMac) to the device. I have a Samsung phone which I just cannot move my music across to. I hate the thought of paying for music on my phone that I already fucking own. Pissing me off atm. I've tried downloading a Samsung switch program and it still doesn't work. Any recommendations under $150?

This why I dumped iTunes and Apple a several years ago. Their technology is slick, but you never know what it's going to work with. I would recommend an iPod touch for your situation though, seeing as you're already locked in to apple. Or a 5th or 6th generation wheel iPod you can get those for under $100.

I'd like to synch it with bluetooth headphones if possible and also have the option to use connected headphones as well. Most importantly I want to be able to easily transfer my music from my iTunes (iMac) to the device. I have a Samsung phone which I just cannot move my music across to. I hate the thought of paying for music on my phone that I already fucking own. Pissing me off atm. I've tried downloading a Samsung switch program and it still doesn't work. Any recommendations under $150?
If you don't mind an extra step, iTunes can convert the m4a to mp3 which you can probably put on the phone, I'm guessing.

iTunes can also let you take a 30 second clip of whatever you want and turn it into a ringtone for iPhone, and I'm guessing whatever other phone can make use of mp3. I've got custom ringtones for phone, alarm clock, msg.

Looks like this might be the best way to go.
https://drfone.wondershare.com/music-transfer/transfer-music-from-mac-to-android.html

As for an MP3 player I would just look at a cheap smart phone with a decent enough storage... something like a Samsung J3.

Unfortunately the Drfone doesn't work on my iMac (10.6). I shouldn't have to buy a new fucking computer just to transfer some music. Note: my anger isn't directed at you this shit just pisses me off. My computer is a few years old but still runs perfectly. I'll have a look for some old iPods. Those Sandisk MP3's might work, maybe I'll try them as they're a bit smaller than some of the iPods.

Unfortunately the Drfone doesn't work on my iMac (10.6). I shouldn't have to buy a new fucking computer just to transfer some music. Note: my anger isn't directed at you this shit just pisses me off. My computer is a few years old but still runs perfectly. I'll have a look for some old iPods. Those Sandisk MP3's might work, maybe I'll try them as they're a bit smaller than some of the iPods.

I hear you man... such an easy task but they have made it so difficult. How about converting all the music in iTunes to MP3 and then copying it to a cloud service like Dropbox or Google Drive? Then you can just retrieve it (in MP3 format) from the cloud on your MP3 player. Again, this is why I would just go with an older smart phone rather than something like an iPod. Mind you I love my iPod Nano (7th gen) and have had it for years, but I almost never use it anymore and it has no Bluetooth or wi-fi so it's quite antiquated.

I used the program AirDroid to sync music to my phone, I finally switched over to Spotify though and find that it's way better than doing that.

I was going to go with Apple Music, but I hated it.

Like many, I started out with an iPod, so iTunes was a staple for digital music. Ive sunk a good bit of money into it, and yeah it sucks, but Spotify has been making me quite happy, so it's not so bad I find.

Subscribe to Apple Music, download the app to your Android phone, upload your music. Done.

Am I missing something here?

Subscribe to Apple Music, download the app to your Android phone, upload your music. Done.

Am I missing something here?

I'm old. The bit you are missing is that the music I enjoy I own on CD. I have uploaded the albums onto my iTunes and just want to transfer them to a portable device. Why do I have to subscribe/pay for that music again?

What year is it in here?

SanDisk Clip Sport Plus?

If you have Samsung then I assume you have a google account and if so Google Play Music let's you upload 5k songs and from there you can listen online or download to your device for offline. No cost.

I use the Pono player, also have an older Creative Zen, and a Rocoo-P (that needs repair).

The Pono player is fully compatible with all hd music file formats, and the menu system is quite good, also compatible with balanced headphones so if you need to plug in two headphone jacks for your headphones it is fully compatible. Has 64GB built in storage and comes with a 64GB sdxc memory card as well.
The Rocoo-P is tiny, has a built in headphone amp, excellent sound, small built in storage, but full sdxc compatibility.

What year is it in here?

You should buy a MP3 with a calendar so you can keep track of the year.

I ordered a Sandisk clip sport +. Can't wait to test it out.

Why not buy a used iphone 5 off of craigslist for $50?

Because Craigslist is American and I live in Australia.

Why can't you move it to your phone? Why are using only Itunes? Use any other program to rip music to mp3 and then put it in microSD and put it on your phone.

You might want to check out the FiiO X1 if you need Bluetooth. If you don't care about Bluetooth, they have better models. They are very good MP3 players and you can just load up SD cards without much hassle.

Why do mp3 apps almost never read .m3u files?
I have an android and i like to make my playlists on my pc and toss em on the phone.
I used mixzing but it no longer seems to work,and now i use poweramp because it seems no other apps can read them. Making mp3s on the fly through the app takes fuckin forever.

Back