Mozambique: People killing bald men because they think there's gold inside the head

Will do. Just cancelled my yearly Christmas retreat to Mozambique due to this story. Such a shame as it's so beautiful this time of year, and the south of the equator sun tans my noggin a beautiful golden hue.

Perhaps I'll head to peaceful Syria, or check out the nightlife in Pyongyang instead. Naaah. Malmo it is, followed by a stop over to Luton for a Booka Shake rave.

Actually, other than this story I know absolutely nothing about Mozambique.

An insurgency is currently in progress (again), Malawi has about 10000 Mozambique-an refugees within their borders and I recall, when I was a ranger in one of our game reserves near the border, that the biggest issue we had to deal with was fighting off former guerrillas/terrorists/insurgents who crossed the border to poach our rhinos (sometimes from helicopters).
They weren't the most common problem, but they were by far the most dangerous.

So yeah... beautiful country, especially if you stick to the right areas, but it can still rightfully be referred to as a shithole.

We need to start a list:
1. Sex with virgins cures HIV/AIDS
2. Albino body parts have magical powers
3. Vampires exist
4. Bald men have gold in their head
Don't forget the people who think there's a magic space wizard that cares who you touch with your who haw. That's in almost every country.

Another example of propping a failed nation.

Some cultures/peoples are destined to die off, if left alone.
Naw.. They wouldn't die off. They would die a lot and breed enough to keep going. They would evolve accordingly.

Don't forget the people who think there's a magic space wizard that cares who you touch with your who haw. That's in almost every country.

Believing in a force if good in the universe, when done right, keeps people from bashing others heads in. It is carried on for this important utility.

fuck this, just cancelled me flight.

I have bald head, blonde hair and blue eyes, they'll assume im platinum.

Believing in a force if good in the universe, when done right, keeps people from bashing others heads in. It is carried on for this important utility.
No religion even has a "force of good" in it.

It's sad that some tribal/superstitious beliefs are valued more than common sense and education.

Too bad it seems to be negative, like where is the "is good luck to suck a bald man's dick".

I'm not really surprised lol. One of my African friends was talking about fucking witchcraft like it's a legit thing a few ago lol.

Wouldn´t want to be a bald albino in Africa

tenor.gif

I'm not really surprised lol. One of my African friends was talking about fucking witchcraft like it's a legit thing a few ago lol.
A guy that works for me is from Africa and he literally thinks he can't get ahead in life because a witch hexed him. I tried telling him if he just came to work on time at least twice a week he might make it beyond "helper" status and become a full fledged laborer.

A guy that works for me is from Africa and he literally thinks he can't get ahead in life because a witch hexed him. I tried telling him if he just came to work on time at least twice a week he might make it beyond "helper" status and become a full fledged laborer.
Lol. High hopes. Dare to dream!

be careful he might get too Americanized and call you a racist for making such a suggestion. Either they're oppressed by witches or oppressed by Whitey. None of which is their fault.

be careful he might get too Americanized and call you a racist for making such a suggestion. Either they're oppressed by witches or oppressed by Whitey. None of which is their fault.
Been there, done that. Luckily once it becomes a legal issue I pass it to people who handle it and rarely have to testify. There was one guy though that tried to sue us three times for racism even though his brother, nephew, and son still worked for us.

Sickening to see White Men and their slavery culture keeping Africans down still. SMH

Don't mind me, I'm just admiring the shape of your skull.

imageproxy.php

seriously though, is there any hope for Africa?

if China was investing to actually improve their infrastructure and whatnot I might believe that, but that's not exactly what's happening there

Granted, I've only been to 4 African countries, but even the 'best' one was the most suspect place I've been to outside of Afghanistan

Back