Mozambique: People killing bald men because they think there's gold inside the head

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
It's sad that some tribal/superstitious beliefs are valued more than common sense and education.

Don't they realize that anyone can be bald if they just shave their head?

What if there is though

I'm not making this up.

Check it.

Some tribal beliefs are that if you have AIDS and have sex with a virgin, you'll be cured. This results in a LOT of child rapes.

I wonder where they got that idea.

36key3.jpg

Hope someone just got an idea for season 10

What a time to be alive! We have people planning space resorts at the same time others are mining craniums for gold. There's something for everyone.

I've got a friend who did 3 humanitarian stints in Africa. He's shared some interesting stories pretty much along the lines of the OP.

To be honest, that's a beautifully shaped skull in the OP.

I am on a flight there right now with a suitcase full of wigs, toupees, weaves, and merkins. I am going to be rich . . . as rich as nazis! WOOT!!!

@MilesAbove

Enlighten us with some of that "ethics degree" knowledge and reasoning.

Is this phenomenon the fault of Western meddling in Africa?

They also believe in sacrificing animals to cure diseases, or to make it rain. Or to have sex with your dead for something, or to fuck virgin pre-teen girls to cure aids. The gold in the head actually seems less crazy then other things I've heard come from that area.

Bald heads are shiny, gold is shiny. It actually makes perfect sense

Yeah but they're good dancers..

Back