Movie series where the third installment is considered the best

The Godfather series 1 was lame, 2 why was it set in two different time periods? Too hard to follow. Now 3 we have a compelling villain in Don ZaZa and Andy Garcia as Pacinos estranged son now loyal soldier was magnificent.

xVc486h.gif

Until 5, it was easily the worst.

Gtfo

The Godfather series 1 was lame, 2 why was it set in two different time periods? Too hard to follow. Now 3 we have a compelling villain in Don ZaZa and Andy Garcia as Pacinos estranged son now loyal soldier was magnificent.

Nobody is going to bite this

Nobody is going to bite this
The scene where Garcia dispatched the two misguided monsters in his apartment when they try to take his GF hostage. Amazing, gripping I was on the edge of my seat. Then he just tells them he doesn’t care about the chick as a ploy... just wow that movie was a trendsetter.

Rocky but it is close with 4
<KingstonFrown>

Genuinely never heard anyone say this before. 1st is respected by a wide range of people. The 2nd and 4th were very entertaining and more Hollywood, but 3?

<KingstonFrown>

Genuinely never heard anyone say this before. 1st is respected by a wide range of people. The 2nd and 4th were very entertaining and more Hollywood, but 3?

Really? 1 and 2 were critically the best but today nobody watches or talks about them anymore. The layperson mostly watches 3 and 4.

3 had eye of the tiger, Rocky joining Apollo, thunderlips, mr t, and mickeys death. Beside 4 it is the most quoted film of the franchise

Really? 1 and 2 were critically the best but today nobody watches or talks about them anymore. The layperson mostly watches 3 and 4.

3 had eye of the tiger, Rocky joining Apollo, thunderlips, mr t, and mickeys death. Beside 4 it is the most quoted film of the franchise

I'd say 4 is the most iconic. TBH, I forgot that eye of the tiger debuted in 3. It just felt like a bad movie overall... Still better than Rocky 5 though.

Interestingly. 3 has a much better review than 4 on RT, but still worse than 1 and 2 and WAY worse than 1. Rocky 1 is the GOAT Rocky, IMO.

I'd say 4 is the most iconic. TBH, I forgot that eye of the tiger debuted in 3. It just felt like a bad movie overall... Still better than Rocky 5 though.

Interestingly. 3 has a much better review than 4 on RT, but still worse than 1 and 2 and WAY worse than 1. Rocky 1 is the GOAT Rocky, IMO.

Rocky 1 is the best rocky for sure. 2 is great 2, and they feel like a 2 part of 1 movie

Rocky 1 is the best rocky for sure. 2 is great 2, and they feel like a 2 part of 1 movie

Honestly it doesn't really even feel like the same franchise after the first two to the degree its pointless to judge them against the next two.

It’s rare when every answer is a troll answer. Usually 1 or two, but... Predator, Terminator, Rocky, Godfather, Diehard? Damn you guys are brutal. Thor is only one I agree with.

It’s rare when every answer is a troll answer.
Agree completely. Everyone knows that the 3rd film is where most directors really find their voice. Even when he had nothing to do with the first two more successful installments of the series.

Too much Rocky III hate in here. They're all badass up until 5. That one was shit. Balboa (6) was good again, but then Creed was shit again (outside of Rocky's scenes).

Back