Movie Pass: 10$ A Month For 1 Free Movie A Day In Theaters

id go and get a ticket everyday then go back to the counter and say you got to go and get a refund

I've tried joining but it tells me I'm not entering a valid name. I guess I'll have to contact their customer support, which is pretty ignorant. My last name isn't very common but I don't get why it wouldn't accept it.

I've tried joining but it tells me I'm not entering a valid name. I guess I'll have to contact their customer support, which is pretty ignorant. My last name isn't very common but I don't get why it wouldn't accept it.

Maybe try clearing your history and clearing you cookies and then try again.

Maybe try clearing your history and clearing you cookies and then try again.

I tried signing up on my computer now that I'm home and it worked. For some reason the app wasn't working right.

2-3 weeks for the card kind of sucks. I go to the movies pretty often so it'll pay off once it comes in.

I can't believe that this thing used to be $50 per month. That's what I'd expect for this service, but damn. At that price I wouldn't do it. It kinda makes me nervous for the future of this thing. If it remains $9.95 then I'll keep the service for the rest of my life. But if they bump it up, I'll inevitably cancel my subscription. Not to sound cheap or poor, but $9.95 is a steal, $15.99 is probably the max I would pay. $20 and above and I'm not really wanting to shell out of the monthly fee for it. Certainly not at $50.

If anything, hopefully someday when they do alter it, they go with tiers to give us choices. What they're offering now is fine for me. I don't need 3D (outside of very rare instances such as the re-release of T2 and Top Gun in 3D) and I don't have an IMAX theater anywhere close to me, so that's not an issue. I'd almost certainly remain a lifetime basic member.

What happens if after they put the money on the card you try to buy snacks with it? Or after the money is on the card you immediately run to walmart for something, within the 30 minutes? How do they stop that?

Yeah, currently I see roughly 1 movie every 2-3 months or so in theaters. But with this service, I'll be going easily at least 2-3 times a week. No reason not to now.
Haven't tried to do that, but I believe it is hooked into the theaters system some how, so will only let a purchase go through that specific place. Not going to test it trying to scam 10 bucks from them

Well, I still get around to seeing a lot of stuff, just not by paying to go to the show.
Same. Many films aren't worth paying for, like most fight cards. But with movie pas I'll give it a try and be pleasantly surprised sometimes. If it's a dud, no harm no foul.

This looks worth doing for me. Lots of theaters around me participating including Angelica.

Right now, I'm unable to see which theaters Moviepass works with. The website says to use the Phone App. However, the Phone App only works if I'm already signed up, which I'm not going to do until I see the theaters. Seems like a sneaky and dirty move to me

If you go to the FAQ on their website, you have to copy paste it, it will show you all the places that take it in your area. Mine was pretty extensive from small arthouse to AMC megaplex.

Not usually. Unless it's a big summer with 2-3-4 releases that I'm dying to see (not often) then I'll probably go once every 2-3 months on average. There was one period not too long ago where I went something like 6 months without going to the show because literally nothing interested me.

I remember a few years ago I was going maybe once every 2-3 weeks. But it's bottomed out pretty drastically since then. As long as this thing holds around $9.95 though I'll definitely be hitting it up a ton more than normal.

During my slow moviegoing periods, I might go to about one movie a month. Lately I've been going more since there's a pretty good rewards program at the theater near my house, which has earned me free movies and discounted concessions.

With Movie Pass I imagine I'll start going about once a week.

If you go to the FAQ on their website, you have to copy paste it, it will show you all the places that take it in your area. Mine was pretty extensive from small arthouse to AMC megaplex.

Yeah, I found it later.

I got off track because I was reading their FAQ to learn more about their program and it said to use their phone app to search for theaters.

If you read on, I posted later that I found them on their website

seems like a waste of money in my opinion, most movies suck

sorry bro-slice, call it like i see it

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Here are all the movies that are on my radar between now and the end of the year, so Movie Pass will really come in handy.

September

American Made
Flatliners

October

Blade Runner 2049
The Foreigner
GeoStorm
The Snowman
Suburbicon
Thank You For Your Service

November

Murder on the Orient Express
Death Wish
The Man Who Invented Christmas
The Current War

December

The Disaster Artist
Star Wars: The Last Jedi
All the Money in the World
The Greatest Showman

Fuck it I signed up. I have a theatre next to my house and work so this is hard to pass up.

So you just get within a certain distance of a theater, check into your movie with the app, and then tell the worker which movie you want to see and slide the card like a debit card?

So you just get within a certain distance of a theater, check into your movie with the app, and then tell the worker which movie you want to see and slide the card like a debit card?
I go to the automated machine in my theater to avoid lines most times. But yes. Dont forget to use your theater rewards card.

Yeah, the Movie pass card, is a real working debit card. You don't even have to say your paying with movie pass or anything, just use like a credit card. No pins or anything.

Back