Mouth guards and shin guards

Kieran_Doc

Scottish
@White
Reaction score
I have recently started kickboxing and bought my own gloves and hand wraps not too long ago. Currently, I am borrowing shin guards from other people and don't own a mouth guard or anything. I won't be sparring for a good few months but I'd like to get used to the feeling and breathing with a mouth guard. Shin guards are needed when we practice leg kicks as well. Sorry for all the writing but i thought I'd explain I'm new to all this. Does anyone know any good quality shin guards and mouth guards that aren't too expensive?

I've read the mouthguards from Shock Doctor are good boil and bite guards... I've got the Shock Doctor Pro and I like it, but a friend of mine has the Shock Doctor Gel Max and I'm thinking about upgrading myself because they seem to have a tighter fit...

Can't help you with shin pads, but I've read Top King has great ones

I've read the mouthguards from Shock Doctor are good boil and bite guards... I've got the Shock Doctor Pro and I like it, but a friend of mine has the Shock Doctor Gel Max and I'm thinking about upgrading myself because they seem to have a tighter fit...

Can't help you with shin pads, but I've read Top King has great ones
The shin guards I've looked at were Top King, so at least I was on the right track. I'll make sure to look at the Shock Doctors later today. Thanks.

Agree with the Top King shin guards. I have a pair as well and they are bulky, but very protective. The material not only protects you, but also your sparring partner when your kicks land.

Agree with the Top King shin guards. I have a pair as well and they are bulky, but very protective. The material not only protects you, but also your sparring partner when your kicks land.
I'll make sure to order a pair then. Is there a website that's paticularly good for them? The ones I've looked at have been on muaythaistuff.com

I got my shin guards from KO Fight Gear, as per a recommendation on here, and have been really happy with them, both quality and price.

Their prices are great, and I'd recommend a size up; I'm small dude, and the mediums are a little too small for me.

I got my shin guards from KO Fight Gear, as per a recommendation on here, and have been really happy with them, both quality and price.

Their prices are great, and I'd recommend a size up; I'm small dude, and the mediums are a little too small for me.
I'm only five eight myself, but I have size ten (uk) feet. Should I maybe go for the large?

I'm only five eight myself, but I have size ten (uk) feet. Should I maybe go for the large?

I'm a size 7 UK, and the mediums are a tad too small. So I'd say large for sure, at least. If there's a contact form on the site you should ask him, he's super nice and very helpful

I'm a size 7 UK, and the mediums are a tad too small. So I'd say large for sure, at least. If there's a contact form on the site you should ask him, he's super nice and very helpful
The only thing I'm worried about is calf size but I'll make sure to see if i can ask the guy on the site

seriously yall are driving me to the point of having a set of answers saved in gmail..

DO NOT fuck around when it comes to mouth guards.. visit a dentist and get a costume made. badboys will last for years

there is one shin-guard that rules them all, TopKing

seriously yall are driving me to the point of having a set of answers saved in gmail..

DO NOT fuck around when it comes to mouth guards.. visit a dentist and get a costume made. badboys will last for years

there is one shin-guard that rules them all, TopKing
My top king shin guards came today! They seem good so far, will be using them tonight.

Anybody ordered from KO Fighters recently? In the market for new fight gear. Been out of the game for a while

THE best (single) gel mouth guard by far is the signature type 3 pro plus Gel(it the best single mouthguard of the lot tbh). This is absolutely awesome. Once done feels as tight in your mouth like a dentists job but costs $30aud/23usd never slips, chokes or moves(even after a year or two) only down side is its an upper only. Do not waste your time with shock doctor any of the other rubbishy ones where the gel is premixed, from what I've bought the sides are too low and they all move/slip and you end up boiling the bloody things again and again.

I like the Jaco double mouthguard for upper and lower jaw protection though and to be honest I have bought a signature mouthguard to use the gel apoxy inside my Jaco Double on the top half to see how it goes. I reckon it'll have the best of both worlds in that the bloody thing wont move/get out of place and help protect the lower jaw. If you are the sort to flap your lower jaw get a double, breaks suck.

It'll be a while until I train again but if you or anyone else decides to give it a go let me know how it goes

I have the ShockDoctor Gel Max... I'm unsure whether ive moulded them wrong ut ive had to re-mould a lot because they kept falling off my top teeth, they now fit but they aren't the greatest as i've almost completely spit them out in sparring as the fit wan't tight enough.

Back