Mousasi vs Tokov needs to happen next

Tokov vs. Saltar for top contender makes sense as well.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Anatoly-Tokov-56029 Tokov is 26-2 with finishes over solid fighters like Duraev,Ismailov and Aguev. He is a major part of "Fedor team" and comes from a good training camp in Stary Oskol (Fedor,Nemkov brothers,Moldavsky,Sidelnikov are his main training partners). 80% of his wins come by the way of TKO or sub.

I mean who else is there for Mousasi to square off against in the MW division? Maybe John Salter but he is older and not as accomplished. Outside of Salter there's literally no one. 40 year old Manhoef or someone like Kendall Grove are not an option.

I think it would be a competitive fight. I'd favour Mousasi 60% to 40%,maybe 65% to 35% because his striking is more technical and diverse. But it would be an even,close fight regardless. I can see Tokov winning too via takedowns or landing powershots. From a standpoint of the actual rankings and sport of MMA this is the fight to make. However I wouldn't be surprised if Bellator completely ignores Tokov and keeps him away from a title shot. He is relatively uknown and doesn't have marketability (that's what matters). But I believe he is the most worthy contender in that shallow division in terms of his MMA skills and he deserves the opportunity to fight against Gegard.
Tokov is good, especially on the ground. But I think Salter and Lavato are aheaed of him imo

The fights to make are Mousasi vs. Rory, Salter vs. Lovato for the next titleshot and Tokov vs. Shipman

Back