Mousasi vs Tokov needs to happen next

Spekty

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Anatoly-Tokov-56029 Tokov is 26-2 with finishes over solid fighters like Duraev,Ismailov and Aguev. He is a major part of "Fedor team" and comes from a good training camp in Stary Oskol (Fedor,Nemkov brothers,Moldavsky,Sidelnikov are his main training partners). 80% of his wins come by the way of TKO or sub.

I mean who else is there for Mousasi to square off against in the MW division? Maybe John Salter but he is older and not as accomplished. Outside of Salter there's literally no one. 40 year old Manhoef or someone like Kendall Grove are not an option.

I think it would be a competitive fight. I'd favour Mousasi 60% to 40%,maybe 65% to 35% because his striking is more technical and diverse. But it would be an even,close fight regardless. I can see Tokov winning too via takedowns or landing powershots. From a standpoint of the actual rankings and sport of MMA this is the fight to make. However I wouldn't be surprised if Bellator completely ignores Tokov and keeps him away from a title shot. He is relatively uknown and doesn't have marketability (that's what matters). But I believe he is the most worthy contender in that shallow division in terms of his MMA skills and he deserves the opportunity to fight against Gegard.

Last edited:
Lovato Jr. is next. Sure, he’s gonna get smashed. But he’s next.

Sorry but there are way more deserving fighters on Bellator's roster right now. Hell you could even argue Costello's more deserving than this guy.

I want to see John Salter against Carvalho in case Lovato Jr. gets Gegards

Lovato Jr. is next. Sure, he’s gonna get smashed. But he’s next.
He is a good BJJ practicioner and has a decent win streak but as you said he's probably going to get starched. Stylewise it's a nightmare match up for him,he's not going to submit Mousasi (probably won't even take him down to begin with). And on the feet he wouldn't have much to offer,his stand up is pretty rudimentary

Sorry but there are way more deserving fighters on Bellator's roster right now. Hell you could even argue Costello's more deserving than this guy.
What accolades does Costello have to be a more deserving contender? I admit I don't know much about the guy but I'm just asking. Tokov is a former ACB champion and ACB is the 3rd best organisation in the world in terms of it's talent. Costello was fighting in the organisation called PFN for the majority of his career.

Last edited:
Tokov vs Shlemenko, all Russian violence, for the next title shot.

None these sound like much of a real obstacle might as well make it Rory. Depending on scheduling Moose can also bulk up and fight Bader at LHW, depending how far away they make the HW semis.

I think they will make Mousasi vs Rory.

Lovato or Salter deserve the next shot, but so does Schlemenko

I think they are planning a Bellator Rotterdam. This fight would be a good one as main event. Trow in a bunch of other Russians and you will have a lot of Russians attending the show (just like when the UFC was in Rotterdam).

I know Manhoef is back at the gym. Him against Schlemenko could be a fun fight. A solid co main event.

Might as well do the Rory fight. Why the hell not?

He is not well known enough, it would be a misuse of Mousasi's contract without a much better known win under his belt. If they are paying Mousasi well they need him up against guys they are already well known to be elite.

Rory McDonald or King Mo

Mousasi vs Rory is the money fight. Its as high level of a fight as Bellator can put on in terms of level of skill. Its a good representation of their brand.

Im a big fan of Tokov but hes not ready for that kind of competition yet.

Tokov vs Lovato would be good.

Too soon to feed Tokov to Moose this fight will be more interesting down the line if Tokov develops well

Back