Mount Rushmore of Kimura experts in MMA (GIFs & pics!)

Davis on Newton

giphy.gif

Jacare on Boetsch

giphy.gif

Poor Boetsch

RockholdUFC.gif

No Photoshop of a mountain.... For shame.

Gotta put Chris Brennan in here. He has quite a few kimura submissions. Not to mention that he used the kimura to set up other techniques like armbars.

I wouldn't put him over the others mentioned, but Nick Diaz popped Joe Hurley's arm. Nick felt bad about it too.

b4f86a611231583.gif

b4f86a611231583

Honestly though I think its a combination of that and never really being that favoured by promoters, if he had been I think he would have gotten away with some of the stuff he hasnt. Look for example at Rampage needing to be dragged off of pounding an unconious Wanderlei with zero negative repercussions.
While I agree that he would have gotten away with more if he was a star the issue is that he did it repeatedly.

I don't think he's all there mentally. I don't think he holds on too long because he's malicious. At least not entirely so. A normal person would have learned his lesson after the first time he was disciplined.

Poor Timbo Slice, he is the kimura target. Only fighter in the ufc to be tapped by a kimura more than once, if memory serves, and he's been tapped by it three times.
Boetsch was tapped by a kimura more then once. Luke rockhold and jacare.

if you care that he's a nut job, why would you not care that he's a cheater?

being a nut job gets him suspended/reprimanded by commissions and causes unnecessary harm to his opponents.
being a cheater does the same things..

Great post TS. Honorable mention to Karo Parysian for his use of the Kimura to set up throws/defend the single leg.

Mount Rushmore of Kimura experts...

...without Masahiko Kimura on it.

Fedor could have benefited cross training in bjj. His technique is sloppy

Poor Timbo Slice, he is the kimura target. Only fighter in the ufc to be tapped by a kimura more than once, if memory serves, and he's been tapped by it three times.
I think Boetsch has suffered a couple.

Fedor could have benefited cross training in bjj. His technique is sloppy

Russian National Judo Team

World Sambo Champion

Only submitted once in 42 MMA fights and that was by playing with fire in Werdum's guard

sdDZH6r.gif

Nice Kimura right after getting slammed on his head

Just 1 of his 17 submission victories in MMA

Back