Mount Rushmore of Kimura experts in MMA (GIFs & pics!)

Kimura GOAT Sakuraba Kazushi breaks Renzo Gracie's arm with an epic kimura.

download (13).jpg

Idk if josh Barnett has any Kimura finishes in fights but he as some sick tutorials on the submisssion on the YouTube. Same with Paulson

~DaViD~

Anyone posted that Ngannou Kimura yet?

nintchdbpict000287979106.jpg

Sak was the Kimura king but tbh Jacare and Werdum sub him with whatever they want. Btw Kimo and Mayhem mastered Sak with Kata Gatame.
Forget about Mayhem... BS. Kimo was a HW and SAKU GOAT a rookie then.

wiiiiw.gif

The Kimo fight was like Saku's first fight. Was it a real MMA fight or a pro wrestling match? I still have never seen it. I have heard it was a work yet for some reason it remains on Saku's pro MMA record. I really don't know. @DaPunkMinowaMan might know the real answer to that

Mayhem subbed Saku when he was very old and broken down. Sakuraba's prime was in the late 90's and early 2000s.
Hmmmm.. yeah... Saw this "theory" many times around here...

Hence, the yakuzas fixed the fight, & paid for HW Kimo (German) to win AGAINST A WW/MW JAPANESE IN...JAPAN!?

Makes sense...

BTW, this fight was a lil after the Puerto Rico Incident btw Tank´s crew & Allan Goes/Joe Moreira/Kimo...
This episode somehow linked Kimo to Allan, and he began to train BJJ with them.

Btw Kimo and Mayhem mastered Sak with Kata Gatame.
whats that got to do with anything?

and yes, werdum and jacare would wreck saku in his prime. they are from different times and bjj has freakin blown up since sakus heyday. he still kimura'd royler and renzo.

You don't see too many Kimuras anymore. the Diaz bros use a kimura lock every time someone takes their back standing

Partly I think a relative lack of sub grappling talent in MMA today, lots of "black belts" but fewer truly dangerous elite sub guys and a lot of the ones around are getting past it physically.

Also though I think the lack of knees on the ground makes it harder to get armlocks, it means a lot of fighters just keep there arms locked in close were as with knees your having to either get your arms up to defend or try and improve position. Barnett especially was very good at using this to his advantage when in side control.

The Kimo fight was like Saku's first fight. Was it a real MMA fight or a pro wrestling match? I still have never seen it. I have heard it was a work yet for some reason it remains on Saku's pro MMA record. I really don't know. @DaPunkMinowaMan might know the real answer to that

Mayhem subbed Saku when he was very old and broken down. Sakuraba's prime was in the late 90's and early 2000s.

Wish this guy wasn't such a nut job. One of the best submission artist in mma ever.

Honestly though I think its a combination of that and never really being that favoured by promoters, if he had been I think he would have gotten away with some of the stuff he hasnt. Look for example at Rampage needing to be dragged off of pounding an unconious Wanderlei with zero negative repercussions.

Back