Motorsports thread. Discuss any motorsports here

poor Alonso.
freakin guy has the worst luck.
he needs to go to a competitive team before
his skills begin to deteriorate.

How can Honda have success in Indycar but can't get their shit together in F1?
They will have used up all of their allowed powerplant changes.

yea I don't get it either.
two totally different R&D outfits obviously

also, the power unit on the F1 is much more complex with many interdependent elements
compared to the Indy engine. Both are turbo-charged 6 cyclinder however, the F1 a 1.6 and the Indy Car a 2.2 liter.

Last edited:
Monster Cup cars failing tech inspection in bunches. Many won't get to run in Q1. The ones who did didn't even need to run hard to be in the top 24. Take a leisurely drive around the track and you qualify for Q2.

Hamilton on the pole with less than 5 hundredths of a second separating the top 3 in qualifying.

The Indy road course should be interesting.

The Indy race was like a Formula 1 race with very little passing and Will Power winning from the pole. Sebastien Bourdais Honda blew up after 3 laps leaving a trail of fluids like Alonso's F1 car.

Vettel takes the lead at the start but Ferrari screws up on strategy by putting soft tires on in their first stop. Mercedes put hard tires on Hamilton. When Hamilton switched back to soft tires, Vettel had to come in for hard tires coming out alongside Hamilton pushing him off the track to stay in the lead. Hamilton was able to use the soft tires to pass Vettel and run to the end.

Raikonnen and Verstappen collided on the first lap breaking both suspensions. Bottas had a late powerplant failure and fire as Mercedes tried to get one more race out of that unit.

Probably the best racing in a long time as there was actually an on track pass for the lead.

Raikonnen and Verstappen collided on the first lap breaking both suspensions. Bottas had a late powerplant failure and fire as Mercedes tried to get one more race out of that unit.
Actually Bottas hit Kimi first and that caused Kimi to hit Verstappen. Kimi and Max had no steering, thus they caused Alsonso and Massa to collide after the first corner.

Actually Bottas hit Kimi first and that caused Kimi to hit Verstappen. Kimi and Max had no steering, thus they caused Alsonso and Massa to collide after the first corner.

Yes, I didn't include the cause of the collision, just the fact that it took both cars out. Another example of how you can't win a race in the first turn but you certainly can lose it. Three wide doesn't work because the car on the inside can't hold that line and has no place to go but straight.

Amirola suffers a broken vertebrae in last nights crash. It is suspected that a brake rotor broke on Logano's car causing the incident. Austin Dillon also had a right front rotor fail. It seems that there have been several brake rotor failures this year. Are they using some bad rotors or trying to make them too light? NASCAR needs to look into it before someone dies.

"Danica went for a wild ride and then got pounded again by Almirola.."
this is a family show!

Amirola suffers a broken vertebrae in last nights crash. It is suspected that a brake rotor broke on Logano's car causing the incident. Austin Dillon also had a right front rotor fail. It seems that there have been several brake rotor failures this year. Are they using some bad rotors or trying to make them too light? NASCAR needs to look into it before someone dies.

Gotta be making them too light. That and there's horrible heat dissipation. They're slowing the car from 210+ MPH under a ton of force. There's going to be way more of this at the 1.5 mile tracks. They might need to increase drag because I don't like seeing the boundaries of the safety measures tested every week. Slow these drivers down a bit.

"Danica went for a wild ride and then got pounded again by Almirola.."
this is a family show!

Almirola didn't hit Danica's car. He pounded Logano's. It's strange how things swapped around. Danica was crossways in front of Logano but it switches to Logano being crossways in front of her.

Indy practice has been going on for 4 hours and Alonso hasn't been on the track.

Danica was such a bitch in her interview. Sniveling and whining for about 5 minutes about her luck until she finally acknowledged Almirola. At least Logano basically made the interview about Aric and not his own bad luck.

Danica was such a bitch in her interview. Sniveling and whining for about 5 minutes about her luck until she finally acknowledged Almirola. At least Logano basically made the interview about Aric and not his own bad luck.

I know you guys don't like Danica but you are really exaggerating. She was just turned head on into a wall at nearly 200 mph through no fault of her own when she was finally running well.

Logano knew he had a problem but kept going causing the wreck. He should feel guilty.

Incidentally it was 1:44 into her 2:15 interview when she talked about Almirola.

The three fastest cars in practice at Indy today were Chevy powered. 4 of the top 5, 7 of the top 10 and 9 of the top 12 were Chevys. They was more drafting today.

Alonso ran 117 laps which was the most by anyone.

I know you guys don't like Danica but you are really exaggerating. She was just turned head on into a wall at nearly 200 mph through no fault of her own when she was finally running well.

Logano knew he had a problem but kept going causing the wreck. He should feel guilty.

Incidentally it was 1:44 into her 2:15 interview when she talked about Almirola.

I guess hearing a bitchy woman complain can make 1:44 seem like an eternity. I don't know how Stenhouse does it. His patience must be on some other level than the average man.

I guess hearing a bitchy woman complain can make 1:44 seem like an eternity. I don't know how Stenhouse does it. His patience must be on some other level than the average man.

He can officially end any argument by saying "At least I've won a race!"

That would shut Danicunt up immediately.

Back