Motorsports thread. Discuss any motorsports here

Ricciardo's Red Bull stops on the out lap and apparently he's out of the race.

Another thing about the bigger tires, they don't get stuck in the kitty litter.

One Ferrari power plant gone in Grosjean's Hass.

Mercedes needed to wait until Hamilton had enough of a lead on Verstappen. They're screwed now.

Mercedes needed to wait until Hamilton had enough of a lead on Verstappen. They're screwed now.

Yup, I swear even though he wins a lot I often feel he gets shafted by his team.

Took him in early to put him behind fast traffic... genius.

I don't see how Vettle doesn't win this. Much fresher tires, Lewis trashed his set. Vettle and Bottas might do one stop, I doubt Lewis will. He'll probably be fighting for 3rd or 4th with Max or Kimi.

What happened?
Just turned the race on, missed the race until lap 33. Smh forgot they turned clocks one hour forward.

Lewis was in the lead, Vettle was in 2nd. They were trading fastest laps. But Lewis was ahead by 1.5 around lap 16ish. They took Lewis in early on lap 17 or something but they didn't let Lewis clear the gap to Max first. He was still .8 ahead of Vettle before pit.

So he got brought in early(on a 1 stop strategy btw) and was told it is race critical to pass Max who was still doing good times. Lewis couldn't pass, Vettle had an open track for 5 or 6 laps. They finally bring him in and he comes out ahead of Max and Lewis. While Lewis was trying to pass Verstappen he basically wrecked his tires. He also has been complaining of understeer.

So it's doubtful he'll be able to do 1 stop and would be lucky to get 3rd with ice man likely doing a 1 stop and having decent pace.

Edit nvm didn't realize how many laps are left. Hamilton will likely podium. Race seems to be flying by.

So Mercedes and Ferrari are pretty much equally good right now?
How close is Red Bull?

They are down but Verstappen was keeping up with Kimi for a bit. Kimi then started pulling. They likely won't challenge Ferrari or AMG.

But hey it's just the start of the season. Apparently they have good upgrades in the wing.

It will likely be a battle between Lewis and Vettle all season.

Reminds me of Mercedes screw up at Monte Carlo when they brought him in under caution and lost the race.

But hey it's just the start of the season. Apparently they have good upgrades in the wing.

It will likely be a battle between Lewis and Vettle all season.
Maybe but Bottas was just behind Lewis in his first race at Mercedes. Kimi is a good driver too so he will probably finish above Vettel and Hamilton on couple of races.

Most likely Vettel and Hamilton will fight for the title in the end but good start for the season, cant be sure who wins the race.

Fans on the track taking selfies as the cars come around to go to the pits. That won't sit well.

Back