Motorsports thread. Discuss any motorsports here

giphy.gif

Woooosh

NASCAR to further limit drivers from the Cup series from running in the Xfinity and truck series. Kyle Busch is threatening to shut down his race teams.

NASCAR to further limit drivers from the Cup series from running in the Xfinity and truck series. Kyle Busch is threatening to shut down his race teams.
good, this has been a long time in the offing. fuck kyle busch. having cup aces come in and dominate the lower series' trivializes them.

good, this has been a long time in the offing. fuck kyle busch. having cup aces come in and dominate the lower series' trivializes them.

I don't like the Cup drivers dominating races either but if nobody fields vehicles there won't be any races.

big cup teams should be able to finance truck and xfinity teams for constructor points or something, just not have the cup drivers in the cars.

There will be plenty of teams there to make the field. I'm tired of watching cup guys dominate the lower levels. Making it so they can't race for the championship doesn't make it any less boring for us. They're still winning nearly every race they enter. They need to give them the boot.

In the 90's it was like a special occasion when a cup driver ran the busch series but now it's just an over saturation of the same 5 guys winning almost every race.

There will be plenty of teams there to make the field. I'm tired of watching cup guys dominate the lower levels. Making it so they can't race for the championship doesn't make it any less boring for us. They're still winning nearly every race they enter. They need to give them the boot.

In the 90's it was like a special occasion when a cup driver ran the busch series but now it's just an over saturation of the same 5 guys winning almost every race.

It will be back to the start and park routine.

Leah Pritchett set the Top Fuel record with a 3.640 @ 330.63mph

Hamilton with the pole. Every lap he turned in qualifying was faster than his previous lap. Vettel was hanging in 5th but pulled out a great final lap to take second. I suspect Ferrari had to increase engine performance beyond what they wanted to. Raikkonen was fast in final practice but suffered from a vibration in qualifying. Ferrari sent him out ahead of Vettel so Vettel could draft off him which might have given Vettel just enough to get second.

Great race in Spa. Hamilton held off Vettel at the start and after a lengthy safety car period late in the race with Vettel on softer tires for the final 12 laps. Bottas had a poor start and restart after the safety car period as he dropped from 3rd to 5th behind Ricciardo and Raikkonen 16 seconds back.

Verstappen went out early with the sixth powerplant failure in twelve races. Alonso appeared to park the car in disgust as he was being passed, as one announcer put it, like he was driving a Formula 3 car out there.

Last edited:
Bottas is out for next year,
Verstappen is in.
bet on it.
Alonso signs with Red Bull or goes to Indy Car.

Back