Most Underrated GOAT Contenders?

Dan Henderson / Jose Aldo are both criminally underrated.

Henderson especially, he’s done it all.
Can Hendo really be a GOAT contender when he has arguably never been the best in his weight class?

Just meant it was a clear unanimous decision. Yeah Ali went for takedowns, but a lot of that was set up with striking too. The point is that he's around that level, and that he could probably hang around in the bantamweights top 10 or 15 along with Lineker and Dodson.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Fair enough.

Also when I first saw your post I thought Linekar was Vitor Belfort.

Kebab's best win is...? Barboza? RDA?

It will take nearly 10 years for him to legitimately be considered

It will take him one year to be GOAT. RDA is one of the Goat LW's that teared through the lw division after khabib demolished him. That alone is a huge win. 26-0, 10 years undefeated, never lost a round. He'll add Conor and Fergusson to his body count and retire a GOAT at 30-0 with one more big win.

Everybody has their pick for GOAT, and it's usually the same few guys. Most often GSP, Fedor, and recently DC has been coming up. But who do you think is the most overlooked GOAT contenders? Is it Aldo, who wrecked a division for 7+ years before a magical leprechaun stole his pot of gold? Is it DJ, who despite facing relatively weak competition, has defeated his competition with relative ease and dominance like never before? Maybe you are one of the few people on the Matt Hughes warwagon, who believe that his wrestling made him the most dominant fighter at 170 pounds before a certain Canadian wasn't impressed with his performance. BJ Penn, whom when dedicated, was possibly the most talented fighter of all time? Dominick Cruz, who fought for 10 years without really being touched until a "savage" tracked him down? Big Nog, who without Fedor would've ruled over the division with an iron fist possibly until he retired?
Is it Colin McGuire(lol fuck no)?
The big 3 of GOAT contenders (GSP, DC, Fedor) aren't eligible.
Fighters who have been caught for PEDs are not allowed. No speculating who was juicing either.
Discuss.
(And mods, if you could add a poll with Aldo, DJ, Hughes, Penn, Liddell, Big Nog, Cruz, Saku, Couture, Shogun, Miocic, Hendo, and Werdum, that would be absolutely great.)
Condor McGregor u pleb

is hendo really underrated? I thought a lot of people had him top ten all time. Maybe I'm mistaken there.

Gegard Mousasi and I offered/challenged anyone to come up with ONE FIGHTER...JUST ONE that parallel s his ledger- let me further explain.Hes been fighting for 14 years, 50+ MMA fights at a 44-6-2 mark(36 finishes).Hes been elite and ranked for most of this time and has largely successful everywhere. ...including UFC (9-3....12-3 under zuffa banner).Has held title EVERYWHERE outside the UFC where he was on cusp before making decision.
.......and he's where the real separation is:HE'S IN HIS PRIME NOW.WERE WATCHING THE BEST MOUSASI NOW.
A predominant stand up fighter who's taken no damage (facial)outside his fight with shlemenko last October over all these years.
It's also my opinion that he'd be UFC champ today if he didn't leave....especially with usada in place.All these years a clean fighter and made weight for every fight injured or not.
He's already one of the goats .Lets see where he stamps himself the next 4 years or so cause he will retire around 37 doing things the right way as usual.

The term GOAT means nothing anymore. Nuthuggers toss it around every time there is a new champion. I have zero respect for anyone that is calling DC the GOAT because in order to be the "greatest" you have to actually BEAT the "greatest" leaving NO doubt.

Winning a belt held by no one after a no contest...then winning another one with a punch to the side of the face you just dug your fingers into. He isnt even in the running for GOAT since so many others have done far better that never even won a title.

Speaking of which, Saku is the GOAT. He fought everyone, no matter the weight class and did far better than any other fighter in history at it, even those that only fought their own weight class. He had more depth and did it for over 20 years unlike most of these so called other greats that fight for less than 10 years. He also fought tournaments, fighting 3 times in a night against people he didnt train for. No younger fighter has a chance to top that.

Saku is the GOAT of GOATs.

I wouldn't have him in my top 3, but I never see anyone mention Dominick Cruz. If he can somehow come back and win the belt again he would likely get more consideration.
Would be interesting to see how much better he could’ve been had he not got those injuries

It will take him one year to be GOAT. RDA is one of the Goat LW's that teared through the lw division after khabib demolished him. That alone is a huge win. 26-0, 10 years undefeated, never lost a round. He'll add Conor and Fergusson to his body count and retire a GOAT at 30-0 with one more big win.
Nice troll.

Never lost a round? I'm sure you missed the Tibau fight

Gegard Mousasi and I offered/challenged anyone to come up with ONE FIGHTER...JUST ONE that parallel s his ledger- let me further explain.Hes been fighting for 14 years, 50+ MMA fights at a 44-6-2 mark(36 finishes).Hes been elite and ranked for most of this time and has largely successful everywhere. ...including UFC (9-3....12-3 under zuffa banner).Has held title EVERYWHERE outside the UFC where he was on cusp before making decision.
.......and he's where the real separation is:HE'S IN HIS PRIME NOW.WERE WATCHING THE BEST MOUSASI NOW.
A predominant stand up fighter who's taken no damage (facial)outside his fight with shlemenko last October over all these years.
It's also my opinion that he'd be UFC champ today if he didn't leave....especially with usada in place.All these years a clean fighter and made weight for every fight injured or not.
He's already one of the goats .Lets see where he stamps himself the next 4 years or so cause he will retire around 37 doing things the right way as usual.
Mighty Mouse recently called Moose one of the 5 best ever for several of the same reasons you did. Timestamped below 2:25 to 3:59.

The real answer to this question is BJ Penn

His destruction of Diego Sanchez left me in awe while watching that. Extremely talented and accomplished fighter.

Mousasi fans make it hard to cheer for him

Back