Most underated Fighters ever.

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Simple straight forward thread. Name some fighters who are forgotten or maybe not as popular, but who you are big fans of. Some fighters who you think dont get the respect they deserve.

Jeff Chandler. Batamweight champ of the 80's. Very skilled.Great Jab. Good power and techinque. Had it all. Should be remembered as one of the great little fighters in boxings history

James Toney. i think he doesnt get the credit he deserves because of what he became later. But in his prime im not sure theres many fighters that were better than James Toney.

Oscar De La Hoya.- One of boxings biggest superstars ever but he gets a lot of undeserved shit. This guy fought literally the best of the best, which he didnt need to do given how big of a star he was. He fought Ike Quartey when Quartey was the most avoided fighter in the sport. He fought Whitakar when he was p4p number 1. He fought Trinidad when Trinidad was considered the man. Vargas was the man at 154. Oscar fights him. Hopkins was the man at 160. Oscar fights him. Not to mention Mosley, Manny, Floyd and Mayorga as well. Incredible career

I like the Oscar pick . To some extent Canelo gets underrated at times

I'll say fury is underrated
I am too casual to really say lol

Would Juan Manuel Marquez qualify ?

Last edited:
Ricky Hatton.

There are surely better examples but I think Hatton's career will be overshadowed by the Pac and Floyd fights. I still think he was arguably the best 140 pound champ in history.

Ricky Hatton.

There are surely better examples but I think Hatton's career will be overshadowed by the Pac and Floyd fights. I still think he was arguably the best 140 pound champ in history.
Hatton is def up there in the 140 pound all time ranks. I have always considered Chavez and Ross as the best 140's ever. Followed by Kosta and Hatton

Hatton is def up there in the 140 pound all time ranks. I have always considered Chavez and Ross as the best 140's ever. Followed by Kosta and Hatton

Aaron Pryor says "Sup, Sherdawgs........ya'll must've forgot."

Yeah, I suppose Chavez had more defenses at the weight. The loss to Frankie Randall was pretty ugly though.

I don't see how Ross could rate over Hatton though. Ross's JWW run is sort of questionable. The weight class barely existed at that point and he was never a dedicated 140 pound fighter.

Aaron Pryor says "Sup, Sherdawgs........ya'll must've forgot."
<36>

Pryor lacked signature opponents at the weight. Arguello wasn't a 140 pounder. Hatton has a better resume at 140 than Pryor.

Sweetpea Whitaker - As highly regarded as he is, he's still underrated. He embarrased the great Julio Cesar Chavez, made him look like an amateur.

Dwight Muhammad Qawi - Despite being tiny for Cruiserweight (5'7) he had the heart of lion. He dragged a prime Holyfield all the way to hell in their first fight.

Erik Morales - Never had the punching power of the other Mexican muskeeters (JMM & Barrera) but he was the smoothest and most accurate and possibly had the biggest heart. Loved his style.

Erik Morales - Never had the punching power of the other Mexican muskeeters (JMM & Barrera) but he was the smoothest and most accurate and possibly had the biggest heart. Loved his style.

JMM punched harder than Morales ?

<{cruzshake}>

<36>

Pryor lacked signature opponents at the weight. Arguello wasn't a 140 pounder. Hatton has a better resume at 140 than Pryor.
I agree entirely about Pryor, one of the most severely overrated fighters ever, his best wins where against Argueloo and Cervantes, both past their primes and best weight

But what where Hattons best wins besides roughing up Kostya Tszyu like he was in an MMA clinch?

Morales for fighting Garcia & Maidana in his late 30's.

Demarcus chop chop Corley...

Much more than just a journeyman

This guy even gave Mayweather trouble

Back