Most slandered by fans fighters in UFC history?

Ronda, because MMA fans aren't smart enough to know when someone is playing a heel.
Not that I think she's always a terrible person (quite the opposite, actually) but she clearly wasn't "playing" a heel. She was being a bitch cuz competition makes her an unrelenting bitch.

She's much happier in the WWE, and I'm happy for her in that regard. Now, we all have very different sides to ourselves that we show in different occasions, and that has nothing to do with being fake or tricking people, just our standard reaction to our environments and some degree of being a social chameleon. So just because bitchiness isn't all that encompasses who she is, it still was very much was the large majority of her personality in MMA. (and sometimes out, considering her stories of how proud she was of starting fights with men cuz "girlpower yay" or some other bullshit, despite how fucking catty she was with other women for no reason at all)

The Ronda haters get me the most. She never got popped for banned substances, never committed a crime, never pulled out of a fight, never missed weight, fulfilled her contract obligations, inspired an entire division, inspired millions of girls, wrote a successful book... but all people can talk about was how she had a bad attitude and cried on Ellen (gasp how dare she be human). Most of the people here are not 1/10 of a human being Ronda Rousey is .
I don't hate Ronda and I wish she didn't buy into her own hype but I do think she was/is a bitch. Don't think it's all her fault. She had it pretty tough socially growing up. She was a big, physical not very attractive girl that did judo. I can imagine people had a field day clowning on her and that did some deep damage to her psyche.

In a way, that's why I feel she turned into the arrogant person she became. She was taking revenge on society for treating her the way it did.

But I personally seen her inspired and helped a ton of people. My goddaughter is 13 and has a Ronda poster up in her room. She put it up. No one did it for her.

The thing on Ellen proved she was human. I'm actually disgusted with how the UFC treated her. If she was contemplating suicide she needed help, rest and comfort not a fight scheduled against the best female fighters in the world. The UFC sucked 1 more major payday out of her and sent her on her way.

When it comes to Sherdog, it's no different then other social media outlets. People hide behind screens and talk to shit and try to make other people feel like shit so they can feel good about themselves. You gotta ignore them. There's good quality posters/people here. You just gotta find them. But yeah some people on Sherdog are real scumbags.

Last edited:
Anderson Silva got a ton of hate when he was on top. Those americans really couldn't take it.

I don't hate Ronda and I wish she didn't buy into her own hype but I do think she was/is a bitch. Don't think it's all her fault. She had it pretty tough socially growing up. She was a big, physical not very attractive girl that did judo. I can imagine people had a field day clowning on her and that did some deep damage to her psyche.

In a way, that's why I feel she turned into the arrogant person she became. She was taking revenge on society for treating her the way it did.

But I personally seen her inspired and helped a ton of people. My goddaughter is 13 and has a Ronda poster up in her room. She put it up. No one did it for her.

The thing on Ellen proved she was human. I'm actually disgusted with how the UFC treated her. If she was contemplating suicide she needed help, rest and comfort not a fight scheduled against the best female fighters in the world. The UFC sucked 1 more major payday out of her and sent her on her way.

When it comes to Sherdog, it's no different then other social media outlets. People hide behind screens and talk to shit and try to make other people feel like shit so they can feel good about themselves. You gotta ignore them. There's good quality posters/people here. You just gotta find them. But yeah some people on Sherdog are really scumbags.
Well said. Thing is, Ronda is by
Far not the most mean/arrogant fighter in the ufc. Many many fighters had a lot worse attitude than she did , but they were loved for it. Nate Diaz anyone? Total
Shit talker. Flys off the angle at any tiny perceived slight, has nowhere near the successful record as Ronda...but still gets a “pass”. When he was a contestant on the ultimate fighter he was a hothead and cringey. I just don’t understand why so many fighters are adored who act way worse than she ever has .

We all hated Koscheck...for whatever reason, but are there more fighters who just get that old fashioned witch hunt on them going with its you-just-knows and double-standards? I am thinking of Bryan Caraway, Jon Jones pre fuck up era, where he was accussed and hated for his...arm reach, his expertise at his weight class.

Today, I would say Yoel takes the cake with the amount of false slander going against him.
What kind of slander occurs against Yoel? That he roids? Lmao because that's such an absurd accusation. Btw he's already failed a random drop

The correct answer here is Tyrone Woodley

Definitely Jones. What Sherdog still refuses to admit is they were not clairvoyant. They simply started coming after Jones from pretty much day one, and acted like they only hated him when he started screwing up.

Some of us knew about his problems in college before he ever became an MMA fighter. He has never been what you would call a role model.

Well said. Thing is, Ronda is by
Far not the most mean/arrogant fighter in the ufc. Many many fighters had a lot worse attitude than she did , but they were loved for it. Nate Diaz anyone? Total
Shit talker. Flys off the angle at any tiny perceived slight, has nowhere near the successful record as Ronda...but still gets a “pass”. When he was a contestant on the ultimate fighter he was a hothead and cringey. I just don’t understand why so many fighters are adored who act way worse than she ever has .
The rebel without a cause persona isn't cool in my book. Fighting at the drop off a hat isn't "alpha", "macho" or tough. It's cowardly, immature and screams insecurity. Not to mention it's like the Diazs are fighting 1 on 1. They are always with an entourage and jump on people when they have the numbers advantage despite being trained killers.

People still think acting gangster is cool. It's fucking stupid and creates a culture of antisocial misfits that can't properly adjust to civilized society.

We live in a country of free speech. The first thing you must understand that in a society of free speech people are going to say things that you don't like, agree with and make you uncomfortable. Thats the price we pay to have free speech. You can't react violently because someone is talking shit. Ignore the people and they will eventually stop if they see they aren't getting the reaction they desire.

Now if someone puts their hands on you please feel free to break that hand. But don't get violent over words.

Definitely GSP. I have never seen someone who has never popped to be talked about with the likes of known roid cheats like Anderson and Jones.

In fact it's usually the Silva nuthuggers that do the accusations, while swearing on their mother Silva was clean his whole career until he popped twice for multiple substances after USADA

We all hated Koscheck...for whatever reason, but are there more fighters who just get that old fashioned witch hunt on them going with its you-just-knows and double-standards? I am thinking of Bryan Caraway, Jon Jones pre fuck up era, where he was accussed and hated for his...arm reach, his expertise at his weight class

Still don’t get the Caraway hate; the guy just lost his career and his coaching job (to the guy who got his former girlfriend) as I don’t get the hate to Jones’s pre fuck up era (can understand it now)
People don’t know who to hate and they do it on the “loser” type of guy; but the bully gets all the love...

No people didn't like Ronda because she was an arrogant prick.

She looked like a bully on TUF and the whole not shaking Tate's hand pretty much is when I dropped her.

Ronda is arrogant person that comes off as a bitch. Simple as that. Can dish out dirt with the best of them but can on her.

As you said; she LOOKED like a bully because her rival made her look like that with being passive aggressive to make Ronda lose her temper.

Again, the bully gets praised and the nice person who doesn’t know how to manage their emotions against a bully, gets all the hate by losing it and make her look like a freak.

images

Condit after the Diaz fight. Opinions of him changed forever.

I think you better look up the definition of slander mate.

I can see you created this thread as a thinly veiled attempt to white knight Romero. The comments that have been made about him from a negative perspective have either been focused on speculating if he has been using PED's (which could be considered slander if they were outright accusations as he has only failed one test), or commenting on his dirty in ring actions (which are true and as such would not be considered slander).
A lot of things Yoel gets s*** for aren't true. Stoolgate being the biggest one.

Bullshit it wasnt an act, Rousey is a legit twat. Still didn't waste time crying about it though, WMMA.
And I see that you're one of them.

This is Rousey's public persona, before she found out she could go further by trash talking:

Thanks for playing.

Aldo during the McGregor buildup.

RDA right after beating Pettis.

Tim Sylvia hands down, he was a very solid fighter and didn't seem like a totally bad guy. Maybe a slight egomaniac at the height of his career but he was very proud of his accomplishments. I think he was just a bit of a dork at heart despite his looks.

Always liked the guy and never minded his fights, he had a good career but sadly people only give him credit for getting knocked out by Ray Mercer and having a few boring fights in the peak of his career.
Came to mention Big Timmeh, he's tied for most HW defences in history but he gets go respect.

Not to mention his "accident" against Assuerio Silva which doesn't help matters.

Slander means fake things being said. For that it would be gsp or fedor.

Hell yes, Fedor for mine. For a guy who has the best record in his weight division of all time by a country mile, and was not often in a boring fight, he sure gets shit on a lot.

Back