Most Reliable Digital Weight Scale?

ufcfan1986

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
All I want is a digital weight scale that says the correct weight. Not one that does fancy stuff like BMI and the like. Just the weight. Any suggestions?

I'm going to have to return the Taylor one I got at Walmart I think. I get on and it says 205. A minute later I get on and it's 207. Then another minute it's 204. I'm pretty sure that's physically impossible.

^ That one will have more to do with foot placement and mass distribution errors. Take the 3 measurements, add up divide by 3. But not the greatest tool if you're using it to make a weight class.

The only digital scale we use are the same ones the wrestling teams use. I say contact your local wrestling team and ask what kind they have? Ours re accurate, 500mL of water will always weigh a kilo.

Get a Tanita. They are the gold standard in wrestling rooms (though those models are usually between $300-500), and the bathroom scales run about $50 (I got mine on ebay for $30) and I've never missed weight. Readings are to the nearest 2/10ths of a pound, and they are consistent as long as you are on a flat, hardened surface (so don't be weighing on carpet)

I just use a regular bathroom scale from the drug store (Shoppers Drug Mart). It goes in increments of 0.2. I can make a estimates guess for 0.1 increments, due to using for some time now.

Have found my bathroom scale to be wanting. Any other suggestions besides Tanita?

Thanks.

Back