Most pros are picking Miocic to win

I'm picking Ngannou to win this one but people are sleeping on Miocic. Miocic has the tools to win this fight

What ever happened to those pros pics articles? Wasnt that a sherdog feature? Was one of the better ones

What's Stipe's jiu jitsu like?

Everyone is saying that Ngannou needs to stand and trade with Stipe to win. That's quite a risky strategy considering that Stipe's a golden gloves champion and has a string of KOs over tough boxers like Mark Hunt and JDS.

Francis is strong, tall, and explosive. He SHOULD have great shot-based takedowns. We've also seen him do well in the clinch against ADCC European trial champ and brutal thai clinch expert Overeem and also standing kimura toss 260 lb guys.

I can kinda see him shocking everyone with a strategy like BJ Penn used against Jon Fitch and takedown the wrestler, exploiting both the surprise element of takedowns against the wrestler and the wrestler's bottom game weakness.

Plus, Francis' ability to do damage from the top.. I don't think we've seen it but it's got to be devastating. He has an 83" reach so he can get torque on his elbows like Jon Jones and his torso (6'4") + arms are long and explosive enough to punch through/ over peoples' guards with huge power.

What has Ngannou done to show he's "markedly better" than everyone in the division?

His only two good wins have 20+ KO losses between them and Arlovski was in the tail end of a 5 loss winning streak where he was finished in almost all of them.

It's not like he's cleaned out the division lol
Made Overeem look like a scared girl. The same Econoreem that almost finished Stipe. He also breezed thru Blaydes, and Blaydes has been making great fighter look like wee school boys. It all reminds me of Conor, who was making great fighters look like bums (Poirier and Holloway) and Blaydes, in a way, reminds me of Holloway: young super promising guy who only has a non competitive loss to the roaring upstart (Ngannou/Conor). Also, like Aldo, Stipe has been getting dropped and in some scary moments, where are as Gregs/Francis were just first round breezing past similar quality opponents.

This is MMA: there is the low level, the mid level, the gate keeper level, the elite level and then the Juicin' Bones, Prime Aldo, Juiced Up Andy, Prime GSP, Sea Level Cain, Motivated BJ, 45 Conor, No Tiramisu Khabib, 25 Mighty Mouse and Prime Fedor level. There are just levels to this sport and Ngannou seems to be functioning on a plane on par with these untouchables.

Everyone is saying that Ngannou needs to stand and trade with Stipe to win. That's quite a risky strategy considering that Stipe's a golden gloves champion and has a string of KOs over tough boxers like Mark Hunt and JDS.

Francis is strong, tall, and explosive. He SHOULD have great shot-based takedowns. We've also seen him do well in the clinch against ADCC European trial champ and brutal thai clinch expert Overeem and also standing kimura toss 260 lb guys.

I can kinda see him shocking everyone with a strategy like BJ Penn used against Jon Fitch and takedown the wrestler, exploiting both the surprise element of takedowns against the wrestler and the wrestler's bottom game weakness.

Plus, Francis' ability to do damage from the top.. I don't think we've seen it but it's got to be devastating. He has an 83" reach so he can get torque on his elbows like Jon Jones and his torso (6'4") + arms are long and explosive enough to punch through/ over peoples' guards with huge power.
Damn that was a crazy fight. It was made to feed Fitch who nobody wanted to see against GSP again. Nobody expected Penn to win 2 rounds. I really wanted BJ to win. Not sure if he didnt have the stamina in the third or just didnt expect to Fitch getting a 10 8 and just gave up defending the td.

Wasnt it around the same time when unicorn hominick pounded aldo into a living death it the fifth

Made Overeem look like a scared girl. The same Econoreem that almost finished Stipe. He also breezed thru Blaydes, and Blaydes has been making great fighter look like wee school boys. It all reminds me of Conor, who was making great fighters look like bums (Poirier and Holloway) and Blaydes, in a way, reminds me of Holloway: young super promising guy who only has a non competitive loss to the roaring upstart (Ngannou/Conor). Also, like Aldo, Stipe has been getting dropped and in some scary moments, where are as Gregs/Francis were just first round breezing past similar quality opponents.

This is MMA: there is the low level, the mid level, the gate keeper level, the elite level and then the Juicin' Bones, Prime Aldo, Juiced Up Andy, Prime GSP, Sea Level Cain, Motivated BJ, 45 Conor, No Tiramisu Khabib, 25 Mighty Mouse and Prime Fedor level. There are just levels to this sport and Ngannou seems to be functioning on a plane on par with these untouchables.

I'm not saying he's not showing tons of talent. I'm just saying the results don't match the hype and he's not fought much top competition. For example, we don't know how he'd do against a banger that can take some of his shots like Hunt or Rothwell. We've also seen him taken down multiple times by less than stellar competition (and green Blaydes) so it would be interesting to see how he'd do against experienced grapplers like Werdum, Minakov or Cain.

In other words, it's too early to tell whether he's the next Sokoudjou or the next Fedor.

Also, several people have made Overeem look like a scared girl. That's part of why he's never reached the top level, he's a front-runner and doesn't have a strong mental game. He outright ran from both Miocic and Kharitonov remember.

Damn that was a crazy fight. It was made to feed Fitch who nobody wanted to see against GSP again. Nobody expected Penn to win 2 rounds. I really wanted BJ to win. Not sure if he didnt have the stamina in the third or just didnt expect to Fitch getting a 10 8 and just gave up defending the td.

Wasnt it around the same time when unicorn hominick pounded aldo into a living death it the fifth
not really true at all. A good percentage of people thought BJ was gonna win that fight. including myself actually.

I leaning slightly towards Miocic too just giving how well-rounded and experienced he is.

So many things can happen when you have two heavy hitters in the octagon.

Yall need to go watch Ngannou's fights again. Home boy knocks the two weakest chins in the division out and sherdog busts a fuckin nut. Bigfoot knocked alistar out, that dont mean shit. Travis mothafucking browne knocked overreem out, that dont mean shit. This guy's other wins are Curtis blaydes who got Ngannou to the ground pretty much when ever he wanted, and who only got stopped because a doctor stepped in and fucked things up, Hamilton, a dude who got caught in a standing kimura, and some russian light heavy weight who was too fat to make 205. Yall are being sold some hype right now and throwing that betting money right the fuck out the window.

People who bet on HW fights are retarded. It's far too chaotic and unpredictable a weightclass

A damn good question. He's shown so perishingly little of it in fights it's impossible to know. But Schaub says he's almost impossible to sub, and Serra seems favorably impressed with Stipe's BJJ, so make of that what you will.

I find it amusing that Ngannou maintains that he already knows everything Stipe's able to do, that he can see Stipe's limit but they can't see his. It sounds like he's falling prey to the common fallacy that if you haven't seen it, it can't exist. If Miocic pulls off a sub on Ngannou I'm going to LAUGH my ass off.

Stipe will take this.
I like Francis,but I don't think he's proven yet.
If he doesn't beat Stipe in the first round, he;s done for,

I'm picking Ngannou to win this one but people are sleeping on Miocic. Miocic has the tools to win this fight

I think its more people are a bit too certain on Ngannou, yeah he looks dam impressive BUT it is still early going with him, how he deals with a ponteitally prolonged fight against quality comp is perhaps still quiestionable.

I mean personally I'm picking Ngannou to KO Stipe quickly but I'm fair from certain about that.

Back