Most poignant moments in Super Hero films.

Fuck yeah, I never understood the hate that movie gets. Michael Shannon as Zod? Awesome. Antje Traue as Faora? Badass. Definitely the best DC movie with Wonder Woman coming in 2nd. I was really disappointed when the scrapped Man of Steel 2 to do Batman V Superman.
tenor.gif

Zod was easily one of the best comic book to movie villains to date. Easily. Until Thanos Id even accept arguments for him being the best. His motivations made him a fascinating villain. He literally couldn't do anything other than what he did. Thats how he was made. He had no choice and didnt understand the opposition from someone he considered family. All around superb take on a foil for supes.

I like comic book movies but man, I can't get emotionally invested. There's so much chaos and unrealistic things going on, you can't get me emotional.

The closest thing was the beginning of Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and some scenes in Logan.

Staring at 2 minute mark and going to end scene

Not a movie I know but I think it still fits the spirit of this thread.

Have you watched her on Secretary though?
Ewww. I saw the cover art for that movie so I started to watch it but then saw it was Maggie and got about 15 minutes and just could not keep watching. I was already completely turned off by looking at her.

I actually enjoy that movie though many hate it. For me it's better than Spiderman 3 and Amazing Spiderman. So I had it ranked in the middle of the pack as far as Spidey movies went- until Homecoming came out and that was clearly better than it as well.

And yea, for me, that sequence with Parker and Osborn facing off at the bell tower was pretty legit. Stakes felt much higher to me than any moment in the redundant predecessor/reboot and that part you have in the gif was rough. I mean you knew Gwen was done for as soon as Goblin grabbed her on the glider, but the way they executed it with Parker just nearly getting her and the web going taut just as the back of her head hits was messed up.

That moment was so effective it deserved a better movie.

It's definitely one of the best filmed moments of all the Spider-Man movies.

IMO, Raimi's Spider-Man 2 still stands as the best Spidey movie so far followed closely by Homecoming, and Spider-Man 3 is the absolute worst.

Logan. You know the one.

Saw the movie multiple times in theaters and each time I fucking teared up watching that scene. Her acting was fantastic.

One of the viewing experiences was in a pretty empty theater but I saw a father with his young daughter there and when that scene came on I could see him wiping away tears. Fucking hard hitting, bro.

As someone who lost their dad, I felt that shit

Logan also had two other moments that move me to tears, one of them kind of under the radar. THe obvious one is:

But one of the things when I watched it that really got me is Logan trying to tell Charles that it wasnt him that stabbed him. Just the idea of your father figure thinking that you were the one that killed him. Thats harsh as fuck.

Ewww. I saw the cover art for that movie so I started to watch it but then saw it was Maggie and got about 15 minutes and just could not keep watching. I was already completely turned off by looking at her.
hqdefault.jpg

Staring at 2 minute mark and going to end scene

Not a movie I know but I think it still fits the spirit of this thread.

He's a good actor and does a great job but I dislike how much they make the punisher talk in the Marvel netflix series. I just feel like he shares his feelings too much.

Back