Most overrated former ufc champion of all time

Most wasted potential to become GOAT yes but certainly not overrated lol. He tortured every opponent like noone did before.

Madman, Cain has looked the most impressive with his skill set than any other heavyweight champion in history.

Cain hasn't looked as impressive as Fedor from 2000-2008 and he has no sub game from what I have seen.

200px-PatMiletich.png

But who rates him really highly though? I think most people think of Forrest the same as you described.

oh i gotcha. yea he's not the most overrated champion, maybe just one of the most unlikely champions.

Conor McGregor, for sure.

Cain hasn't fought enough to really know how overrated he is/isn't.

Most wasted potential to become GOAT yes but certainly not overrated lol. He tortured every opponent like noone did before.

He didn't torture Werdum. In fact he lost - and since he hasn't really beat anyone of notice except JDS (2-1) and Old Nog, I would say that Cain is probably the most overrated ever.

Top 5 Most Overrated Former Champions:

1. Conor McGregor
2. Cain Velasquez
3. Randy Couture
4. Chuck Liddell
5. Frankie Edgar

Chris Weidman is up there too, just forgot about him while making the list. He'd be number 3 or 4 probably.

Most overrated Fighter of all time is Nick Diaz though.

Last edited:
Just UFC fights or guys that fought in the UFC? Cause I think Werdum's run from the Fedor fight till before the Stipe fight was more impressive than Cain's run.
Results possibly, but his performance and talent potential is unrivaled imo.

What is it then? Except from beating Brock who's widely considered a freak of "nature", but not really a great fighter.
He was highly hyped when his recordwas like 4-0 or something like that,when he 1st came to UFC,After beating Big Nog then most of fans were sure that the next 4-5 years this guy will be the king of HW div.

It's true. The guy won the belt off one of the worst robberies of all time. Then defended against Penn, then almost got killed in his next defense against maynard, then was warranted another gross robbery vs Benson.

As you can see. I'm still not dealing with the Penn fights lol

Back