Most exciting prospects in each division

Who are the newer up and comers you guys like most in each division? Here's mine:

Marlon Moraes (20-5-1) - Former WSOF champ, 2-1 in the UFC with skills to beat anyone.

Brian Ortega (13-0-1) - He's the obvious one after the other night. I'm not super stoked on him but I'm drawing a blank of other newer featherweights so he's the guy.

Justin Gaethje (18-1) - Another former WSOF champ who's all action. He's not as refined as Moraes and just got finished by Alvarez but this dude is the just bleed god, if he refines his skill even a little bit he's a threat to everyone in the division.

Kamaru Usman (13-1) - Already 5-0 in the UFC I have the feeling this guy is like a 50/50 shot at winning the belt. He's not there yet and I'm hoping Lawler or Masvidal can get the crown before him but Usman is 29 so he has a little bit of time.

Thiago Santos (16-5) - Not really as big a prospect as the other dudes and he's already 33 and 8-4 in the UFC so it's really unlikely he goes as far as anyone else but I think he's exciting and MW doesn't have a lot of young guys I have faith in. The only one is like Gastelum but I think he's getting Johnny Hendricks syndrome and I don't have faith in him.

Gohkan Saki (1-1) - LHW is another division lacking big time young up and comers so I went with a 34 year old kick boxer. He's was excellent in his debut and I think they'll fast track him if they can get anything out of him.

Curtis Blaydes (8-1) - Guy is only 26, has great wrestling credentials and is the only one to really give Ngannou a fight. This is a no brainer and I think he's going to do great things.

Saki?
Saki and prospect don't go together man
He's got a couple left in him at best

I've heard this zabit dude is good but I've yet to see him and i think chois dope. Yair isn't very good tho imo.
ya yair has weaknesses but i think he can improve.

ya go watch zabits past fights. dudes legit. hes great grappling and striking.

ya yair has weaknesses but i think he can improve.

ya go watch zabits past fights. dudes legit. hes great grappling and striking.

Just looked it up and yair is 25 so i could be wrong about him. He's clearly dangerous but i feel lacking something. I'll check out some zabit fights tho.

FLW: Jarred Brooks
BW: Brett Johns
FW: Jeremy Kennedy
LW: Makhachev
WW: Perry
MW: Antonio Carlos Jr
LHW: Gadzhimurad Antigulov
HW: Arjan Bhullar

HW: Blaydes
LHW: Saki or Cannonier
MW: Gastelum
WW: Usman or Till
LW: Diakiese
FW: Yair Rodriguez
BW: Rivera

WBW: Aspen Ladd
WFLW: Aganieszka Niedzwiedz (despite her recent decision loss to the current Invicta champ which could've arguably went her way)
SW: Janaisa Morandin or Alexa Grasso

Who are the newer up and comers you guys like most in each division? Here's mine:

Marlon Moraes (20-5-1) - Former WSOF champ, 2-1 in the UFC with skills to beat anyone.

Brian Ortega (13-0-1) - He's the obvious one after the other night. I'm not super stoked on him but I'm drawing a blank of other newer featherweights so he's the guy.

Justin Gaethje (18-1) - Another former WSOF champ who's all action. He's not as refined as Moraes and just got finished by Alvarez but this dude is the just bleed god, if he refines his skill even a little bit he's a threat to everyone in the division.

Kamaru Usman (13-1) - Already 5-0 in the UFC I have the feeling this guy is like a 50/50 shot at winning the belt. He's not there yet and I'm hoping Lawler or Masvidal can get the crown before him but Usman is 29 so he has a little bit of time.

Thiago Santos (16-5) - Not really as big a prospect as the other dudes and he's already 33 and 8-4 in the UFC so it's really unlikely he goes as far as anyone else but I think he's exciting and MW doesn't have a lot of young guys I have faith in. The only one is like Gastelum but I think he's getting Johnny Hendricks syndrome and I don't have faith in him.

Gohkan Saki (1-1) - LHW is another division lacking big time young up and comers so I went with a 34 year old kick boxer. He's was excellent in his debut and I think they'll fast track him if they can get anything out of him.

Curtis Blaydes (8-1) - Guy is only 26, has great wrestling credentials and is the only one to really give Ngannou a fight. This is a no brainer and I think he's going to do great things.
UFC only..
WSW: Cynthia Calvillo
WFlyW: Jennifer Maia (Invicta) Andrea Lee (UFC)

FlyW: Joseph Morales
WBW: Katharina Lehner (Invicta) Aspen Ladd (UFC)
BW: Sean O'Malley
WFW: Felicia Spencer (Invicta) and imo Bellator has a few prospects at this weight class
FW: Josh Emmett
LW: Sage Northcutt
WW: Karmaru Usman
MW: Eryk Anders
LHW: Volkan Ozdemir
HW: Francis Ngannou

No Brett Johns? File this thread under stupid.

Wow no LW love for Maribek Taisumov riding a 5 fight ko streak?

Back