Most exciting Muay Thai fighters

Its funny how every time there is a thread about best fighters or whatever someone always mentions Dekkers. Don't get me wrong he was a great fighter and a legend but there are way better and more exciting fighters who have competed over the years. I guarantee if he was Thai people wouldn't mention his name as much as they do. But there is no doubt that he was the best foreigner to ever compete at the big stadiums. RIP Dekkers.

No doubt though ?

I think Samson is right up there with anyone for the spot "THE most exiciting".

This is currently my favorite fighter Petpanomrung Kiatmoo9 and has been for the last few years:

I personally find him really exciting to watch but depends on what your definition of exciting is. He is more of a skillful technician then a brawler. I really wish one of the big international camps like sitsongpeenong, fairtex or Meenayothin could invest into this guy. Hes young (19) and has so much potential! You have seen what sitsongpeenong have done with sittichai who was nowhere near petpanomrungs level at his age so imagine what a camp like that could do with Petpanomrung.

Because Kiatmoo9 only produces cans? What the hell dude.

Kiatmoo9 is producing champions since years and fighters like Singdam or Superlek seem do to fine just training there. Not sure what training at Sitsongpeenong would change.

Kiatmoo9 is producing champions since years and fighters like Singdam or Superlek seem do to fine just training there. Not sure what training at Sitsongpeenong would change.

I agree. Kiatmoo9 is probably the best camp of all time! I trained there for a month back in 2013 but at Petpanomrungs age/level he has learnt everything they can teach him so when getting ready for a fight its usually just repetition and conditioning.

All I was saying is if he moves to a gym like Sitsongpeenong he takes all his experience and everything he has learnt from kiatmoo9 with him and adds on extra stuff like boxing, power training, nutrition and the camps better overall understanding of the international game. Slowly move him up in weight and build up his strength whilst not jeopardizing his skills.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is currently my favorite fighter Petpanomrung Kiatmoo9 and has been for the last few years:

I personally find him really exciting to watch but depends on what your definition of exciting is. He is more of a skillful technician then a brawler. I really wish one of the big international camps like sitsongpeenong, fairtex or Meenayothin could invest into this guy. Hes young (19) and has so much potential! You have seen what sitsongpeenong have done with sittichai who was nowhere near petpanomrungs level at his age so imagine what a camp like that could do with Petpanomrung.
Lol

Did you know he was going to go to Sitsongpeenong at the time of writing this post?

Lol

Did you know he was going to go to Sitsongpeenong at the time of writing this post?
Nope. And I'm glad he is since they have a lot of experience getting sittichai ready for kickboxing. I was just critizesing clinching in general for kickboxing.

Did Buakaw change his training up that much for K1? I know he worked his hands a bit but every time they showed him training it looked like standard mt training, including clinching. Clinching in kickboxing is a total mess in terms of officiating, I wish the glory just let them clinch and just broke them up after a few seconds.

Fully agree that Kaitmoo9 produces and farms nothing but champions. Rungnarai is the fighter that I really look forward to watching his fights. Also, Methee is training there now and he's like a terminator that keeps pressing forward. Then there is Saksi their new young gun that is creepin up the ranks.

Fully agree that Kaitmoo9 produces and farms nothing but champions. Rungnarai is the fighter that I really look forward to watching his fights. Also, Methee is training there now and he's like a terminator that keeps pressing forward. Then there is Saksi their new young gun that is creepin up the ranks.
any videos of them?

any videos of them?

There are stacks of Rungnarai fight vids on youtube and a few on Methee Sor Jor Toypedriew. I found like 2 youtube vids on Saksi Kiatmoo9. I have a video on his rematch with Kompai back on March 21, 2017 at Lumpinee where Saksi dropped Kompai with an elbow and his corner had to drag him to their side to wake him back up to continue onto the next round. That shit was crazy. I cant find that fight on youtube, but the one on February 2017 is on there where Kompai KO'd Saksi. But yah I will try to post that video here as too see what yall think of that occurrence.

Didn't know methee is at kiatmoo9 now.

There are stacks of Rungnarai fight vids on youtube and a few on Methee Sor Jor Toypedriew. I found like 2 youtube vids on Saksi Kiatmoo9. I have a video on his rematch with Kompai back on March 21, 2017 at Lumpinee where Saksi dropped Kompai with an elbow and his corner had to drag him to their side to wake him back up to continue onto the next round. That shit was crazy. I cant find that fight on youtube, but the one on February 2017 is on there where Kompai KO'd Saksi. But yah I will try to post that video here as too see what yall think of that occurrence.

This one?

Didn't know methee is at kiatmoo9 now.

This one?

Saksi and Kompai fought again a month after that one. On the rematch Saksi KO'd Kompai and Kompai's corner were dragging him to their side to wake him back up. The fight was on March 21, 2017. I dont know why SMMTV, Muay Thai Daily or Muayties left out that fight as it was a sick KO.

Where's the love for Saenchai? lol

Also Superbon, Jabba and Mungthai deserve a mention

I Saw a young Thai fighter who use lot of muay boran technics, i cant recall the name, very impressive

For me it s Superbank and possibly Gingsanglek.

Back