Most Epic Scene in Anime History

Saw this when I was like 16. Perfect time to be irreparably warped and have my mind blown.

I prefer a lot more the Jiren vs Goku theme. Has that 70s-80s epic moment vibe.

In fact that Hokuto no Ken prequel where it shows when Kenshiro that explores Kenshiro transformation from a nice guy to a ruthless baddass was epic.

imageproxy.php

Don’t hate on Naruto

.............Posited no 20+ year old nonvirgin ever

Naruto's battle with Pain was very epic, they even changed the entire art style of the episodes once it heated up.
Honorable Naruto Mentions:
Jiraiya v. Pain - Really put into perspective just how dangerous Pain was and how incredibly good Jiraiya was to go in blind.
Naruto v. Sasuke (End) - Once they had both gassed beyond the point of using Chakra, and they end up having a school yard fight with nut kicking and headbutting and biting for 15 minutes. Two strongest people in the world, exhausted to the point of fighting exactly as youd expect 12 year olds to settle a dispute.
Itachi v. Sasuke - Itachi put in the GOAT performance, and outclassed his brother, just to throw the fight and give the biggest plot twist in Anime history.

HxH: Gon vs. Neferpitou. So much Pathos. Ridiculous intensity and directed perfectly.

DBZ: Vegeta's Sacrifice

Bleach: Gin double crossing Aizen was masterful. That arc is the best arc in anime history.
Runner-up: Kenpachi v. Nnoitra. Seeing the deadliest offense in that universe swell up with fear when realizing he's fighting a tank that cant be hurt.

That show takes a huge metaphorical and literal dump when that one character leaves the series midway.

I’ve seen that complaint from some people, but personally I just found it to be a really ballsy move. And yeah, I missed that character a whole lot in the second half, but I also respected the decision, because it was realistic; more shows and movies should do that once in awhile. And again, the actual ending of the series I found to be incredible, regardless.

I’ve seen that complaint from some people, but personally I just found it to be a really ballsy move. And yeah, I missed that character a whole lot in the second half, but I also respected the decision, because it was realistic; more shows and movies should do that once in awhile. And again, the actual ending of the series I found to be incredible, regardless.
I can get that but the show's storyline for me kind of falls off there too because the main character goes from being thoughtful about his choices to basically going over the deepend and going a bit insane.

I'm trying to avoid out and out saying what I am saying to avoid spoilers for those that haven't seen it.

Some of the bankai scenes from Bleach were epic
Anything Kenpachi related for that series.

ESPECIALLY the Nnoitra fight and the way it ends.

A lot of this entire arc in One Piece too:

Especially the rather brutal way the whole thing ends and all the characters Oda introduces that are actually relevant and cool.

AND given this is a site for combat sports fans:

Some of you need to be more tolerant of other people's viewing choices, especially considering not much difference between anime and live action sci-fi CGI effects.

Trunks smoking Freeza's army then slicing and dicing and vaporizing Cyborg Freeza, then smoking his dad King Cold like nothing. Huge feat considering SSJ Goku struggled to beat Freeza on Namek. Might not be the most epic, but it's up there.

Way too many good anime and epicness that I couldn't even choose a best scene in a single anime let alone all of anime itself.

My personal favorite in DBZ was probably Gohan transforming to SSJ2. Usually the most epic scenes for me personally are battle scenes espeically when there is a lot of hype or build up on a character (or transformation). Most of the good anime's always have an epic entrance/delivery to build up before the fight too.

Naruto's battle with Pain was very epic, they even changed the entire art style of the episodes once it heated up.
Honorable Naruto Mentions:
Jiraiya v. Pain - Really put into perspective just how dangerous Pain was and how incredibly good Jiraiya was to go in blind.
Naruto v. Sasuke (End) - Once they had both gassed beyond the point of using Chakra, and they end up having a school yard fight with nut kicking and headbutting and biting for 15 minutes. Two strongest people in the world, exhausted to the point of fighting exactly as youd expect 12 year olds to settle a dispute.
Itachi v. Sasuke - Itachi put in the GOAT performance, and outclassed his brother, just to throw the fight and give the biggest plot twist in Anime history.

HxH: Gon vs. Neferpitou. So much Pathos. Ridiculous intensity and directed perfectly.

DBZ: Vegeta's Sacrifice

Bleach: Gin double crossing Aizen was masterful. That arc is the best arc in anime history.
Runner-up: Kenpachi v. Nnoitra. Seeing the deadliest offense in that universe swell up with fear when realizing he's fighting a tank that cant be hurt.
Animes are usually outsourced to cheaper studios. Major battles are usually given to famous anime art directors on the main studio or by the director's own studio. Naruto's art and animation style is an example of this. Naruto is mainstream so most snobs won't give it the credit it deserves but you'd be hard-pressed to find battle scenes better than Naruto's.

Animes are usually outsourced to cheaper studios. Major battles are usually given to famous anime art directors on the main studio or by the director's own studio. Naruto's art and animation style is an example of this. Naruto is mainstream so most snobs won't give it the credit it deserves but you'd be hard-pressed to find battle scenes better than Naruto's.
Bleach comes to mind for me that is comparable at least. Especially what you see in the standalone movies and everything post Ichigo/Kenpachi's first fight.

Bleach comes to mind for me that is comparable at least. Especially what you see in the standalone movies and everything post Ichigo/Kenpachi's first fight.
Yeah...I kinda agree. But I consider fight scenes with swords as "cheating". Naruto's toned down battle scenes were the speed is somewhat normal is glorious. Very minimal or none of the ora3x style of Jojo's and DBZ.

Yeah...I kinda agree. But I consider fight scenes with swords as "cheating". Naruto's toned down battle scenes were the speed is somewhat normal is glorious. Very minimal or none of the ora3x style of Jojo's and DBZ.
The animation that sticks out for me at least in Bleach is everytime Ichigo's hollow form starts to take him over cause the music changes, the voice gets modulated and the rather extreme over-exaggeration that the animation goes through.

Back