Most epic events

UpInThis

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Which events were the absolutely most entertaining you have seen in all of MMA?

To me, I absolutely loved the "storyline" of UFC 3 and 4. In UFC, we had Kimo coming in with a cross, we had him shocking everyone by retiring the then-unbeatable Gracie from the tournament. We had the drama of Kimo and Joe Son rushing into the stage, causing a scene. We had the sheer comedy of seeing Steve Jennum, a ninja cop, infiltrate the final and steal it from Harold Howard, a Canadian hero who showed us a truly heroic flipkick. We saw Yarborough, the biggest athlete ever, in some true sumo action, throwing Hackney out of the octagon before losing in brutal skullhammering fashion. There was so much comedic gold in this tournament! And then the next tournament, in which Joe Son stepped in, gave us that creepyvoiced promise that "You will see the spirit of your Lord Jesus Christ tonight" and then proceeded to get smashed repeatedly in the balls by Keith Hackney, which was legal at the time. We got to see Dan Severn throw Macias and Bossett helplessly around, we watched Royce Gracie win in an epic final match and yeah, we at least got to see Steve Jennum fight once before he retired from the tournament...

To me, UFC 3-4 as a whole was the most epic, comedic, brilliant and cinematic MMA experience ever. You should watch UFC 3-4 after each other, as a storyline. Fuck, you should actually watch the first 5 UFC events as a whole, in chronological order, as an epic martial arts storyline.

Last edited:
Were any Pride events as entertaining as UFC 3-4, for example? I enjoyed the Pride that I saw, but I'm especially a fan of one-night tournaments with lots of weirdness and drama.

The Meisha Tate sex tape is probably the most entertaining MMA event I've ever seen.

The Goldberg-Rogan team has given us some pretty decent funny moments.

Seriously though, Pride MW GP 2005 was as epic as it comes for me.

To me, ufc 199 and ufc 206 were absolute thrill rides. Almost all fights delivered.

To me, ufc 199 and ufc 206 were absolute thrill rides. Almost all fights delivered.

206 gets overlooked a lot. Had KO of the year and fight of the year on the same card plus loads of other top fights. 199 was downright epic.

PRIDE Bushido 9 is about as good as it gets. Bushido 7 is a weaker card, but it's very exciting.

PRIDE FinalConflict 2003 is still my favorite event, and UFC 52 is excellent.

I saw both of those multiple times each. 199 is one of my favorites, too.

UFC 100

giphy.gif

Some many of the old ones were great. In the last few years 214 and 217 were awesome in terms of the story the hype and the actual fights.

Back