Most Entertaining Fighters Ever?

Rumina Sato

Rumina-Sato-vs.-Charles-Diaz.gif

Anderson Silva and it doesn't come close imo. Perfect union of sheer beauty, creativity and intense drama. Felt like at any moment he would do something incredibly damaging that would blow your mind and that you never would have imagined be performed in a MMA fight.

Others for me would include Lyoto Machida, Dominick Cruz, TJ Dillashaw and Wonderboy Thompson. To a lesser extent, Rory MacDonald, Yoel Romero and Demetrious Johnson perhaps. Chad Mendes, if he looked like he did in Jose Aldo/Chad Mendes 2 in every fight.

I'll also say that seeing Cain Velasquez just run through people, and Demian Maia dominating people on the ground, are both super entertaining, as is seeing Rumble Johnson just destroy people with his striking, but not so much from an aesthetics standpoint as the fighters in the above paragraphs.

Kimbo.

Not that his fights were all entertaining in itself, but it was fucking Kimbo, the street fighter.

Only street fighter to make it into the UFC based solely on his performances in the streets.
Kimbo vs Dada 5000 was the funniest thing I've ever seen in the cage. Like two 150 year old tortoises battling it out in slow motion.

TJ Grant, Robbie Lawler, Donald Cerrone, Nick Diaz, PMP, Lando

Kimbo vs Dada 5000 was the funniest thing I've ever seen in the cage. Like two 150 year old tortoises battling it out in slow motion.

One of them died shortly after, and the other one came close.

...but the fight in itself was funny, I guess.

Krazy Horse is the victor.

Saku is up there too.

Conor and Fedor

Anderson and Machida for percesion and perfection. Lytle and Leben for Zombie brawls. Early Page, Wand and Chuck for all out action.

One of them died shortly after, and the other one came close.

...but the fight in itself was funny, I guess.
It sure as shit was funny. Dada put in a hell of an effort despite being woefully out of shape. He said he was willing to die, in a post fight interview. You can shame the commission for putting on the fight in the first place, but not the fighters for their efforts and the unintended hilarity it produced.

Barao up to and including his fights with TJ , Condit , Cowboy , Swanson , Holloway , Bermudez , jim miller and MM
edit add in Dustin Poirier

Last edited:
Back