Most disturbing movie you've ever seen?

Does watching Faces of Death count? Not a movie, but disturbing clips to watch. We would watch those in the early 90s when we were just kids...
not sure how much of those were real or not, but the clubbing of the babyseals was my limit...I would have to attack such people, nothing else in those really irked me like the aforementioned seals did

Im not a fan of these types of movies, Ive seen parts of some of the ones mentioned ...to be honest gor and gruesome stuff doesnt disturb so much as I just find the majority of it distasteful

Ive seen scarier clips on youtube than some of these movies present, with movies you know its all BS from the start

2016 - Raw (Julia Ducournau, France, horror)
1983 - Videodrome (David Cronenberg, Canada, horror)
2003 - High tension (Alexandre Aja, France, horror)
2010 - I spit on your grave (Steven R. Monroe, United States, horror)
2010 - A serbian movie ( Srdjan Spasojevic, Serbia, horror)
2005 - Hostel (Eli Roth, United States, horror)
2000 - Battle royale (Kinji Fukasaku, Japan, horror)
1965 - Repulsion (Roman Polanski, Great Britain, horror)
2008 - Martyrs (Pascal Laugier, France, horror)
1999 - Audition (Takashi Miike, Japan, horror)
1977 - Eraserhead (David Lynch, United States, horror)

1966 - The face of another (Hiroshi Teshigahara, Japan, drama)
2001 - Ichi the killer (Takashi Miike, Japan, crime)
1991 - Naked lunch (David Cronenberg, Canada, science-fiction)
2006 - La sconosciuta (Giuseppe Tornatore, Italy, drama)
1998 - Seul contre tous (Gaspar Noe, France, drama)
1991 - Carne (Gaspar Noe, France, drama)
2012 - Pieta (Ki-duk Kim, South Korea, drama)
2006 - Taxidermia (Gy?rgy P?lfi, Hungary, drama)
1997 - Funny games (Michael Haneke, Austria, thriller)
2001 - La pianiste (Michael Haneke, France, drama)
1929 - Un chien andalou (Luis Bunuel, France, surrealist)
1992 - C'est arrive pres de chez vous (Remy Belvaux, Andre Bonzel, Belgium, crime)
2009 - Dogtooth (Yorgos Lanthimos, Greece, surrealist)
1991 - Delicatessen (Jean-Pierre Jeunet, Marc Caro, France, surrealist)

Weird (with mindfuck, surreal or fucked-up movies) directors:
- Alejandro Jodorowsky
- David Lynch
- David Cronenberg
- Michael Haneke
- Luis Bunuel
- Gaspar Noe

Last edited:
I watched this movie called "Feed" where this guy kills big women and cooks their fat up and then kidnaps women and feeds it to them so they can get fat as well. Pretty gross.

"Scum" was very brutal and disturbing.

It's a 1979 British movie set in a boys borstal that includes rape, racism, brutal violence and suicide.

The acting is top notch, especially from a young Ray Winstone.

I remember vaguely watching a German film about a murdered girl on a train (or they found her on a train I don't know) i was very young, probably 10 or 11. They spoke explicitly about how they raped her and how they found her "panties" and such.

Will always frustrate me that I don't remember the name / can't really remember how it all went. Going to do some digging now.

my wedding video. it pisses on all these.

Another on the drama side...

9961929-1312463510-60198.jpg

Last edited:
I dunno. Saw, probably.

I just couldn't understand how a movie that so obviously used sadism as its source of entertainment value could even be allowed into the mainstream. Same goes for most gore-horror movies. Made me worry about the state of western civilization, that people were eating it up like it was just the latest cool, trendy thing.

There are obviously worse movies than Saw out there (I'm deliberately avoiding ever watching Human Centipede). There are movies that predate Saw that are pretty f-ed up as well, but they were never mainstream.

Short Eyes (1977) prison movie where a middle class white man accused of raping a young girl, arrives amongst the inmates who are predominantly black or Puerto Rican. The prisoners immediately turn on him except for Juan, one of the older prisoners, who treats him with cautious dignity. While Davis insists he doesn't remember raping the girl, he admits that he may have molested another child when drunk. The prosecution's case against Davis is weak and, unless Juan tells prison authorities about Davis' confessions to him, it is only a matter of time before he is set free. As Juan struggles with what to do, the other prisoners have a different plan .......

220px-Short_Eyes_%281977_film%29.jpg

Short_Eyes_(film)

Last edited:
My old ass has become less and less willing to subject myself to these kinds of movies over the years, yet I still keep a list of disturbing movies in case I ever dare to intentionally watch something unsettling.

I watched Martyrs while I was in the midst of my cancer scare. I do not recommend watching that shit during a life crisis.

I've never watched a REALLY disturbing movie all the way through. MOST disturbing movie I HAVE watched all the way through is The Exorcist.

I'm not into movies like this. The roughest of its ilk that I've watched all the way through was Hard Candy. I remember watching it and thinking, "What the fuck, kid? What are you accomplishing? What is this doing for anybody? I mean, yeah, fuck this guy but could you be maybe a little more... efficient here?"

Bone Tomahawk surprised me, I watched it thinking it was a standard Western lol. Great movie though

Back