Most disrespected or Underrated fighters

Putting your head in the sand and pretending it doesn't exist, doesn't make it not exist.
If I can't control it I cant be worried about it. People are entitled to their own individual opinion. Doesn't mean I have to pay attention to them.

No offense, because you are kicking ass! Hell, I want to message you before the next night of fights.
Anyway, you live in Chicago, why dont you just go with a bookie, and avoid the tax implications?
I like Vegas for one major reason. Cash business. I bring cash, bet cash, and (most important) retrieve cash immediately. At the end of the day I don't trust bookies to pay off if they can't for some reason. It's not worth the hassle to deal with those type of people. Especially when it comes to money.

I do bovada for smaller bets or short notice fights.

I declare my winnings at tax time because I want to be above reproach. I also write off some of my losses and some travel expenses.

The supreme court just unfederalized sports betting and left it in the hands of individual state's supreme court. Illinois has been predicting this and is already discussing regulating sports betting at a state level. Imo within 2 years I'll be able to make a legal sports bet here but for know I gotta stick to what I know works.

6sh23wA.jpg

Mackenzie Dern

World Champion BJJ Player
Competed in both 123 and 205 lbs Weight Class
Wins over
Michelle Nicolini
Gabi Garcia

Notable Losses
Gabi Garcia
English Language
The Buffett

My choices are
Rich Franklin
View attachment 405911
Former MW champ
Competed in both 185 and 205
Wins over
Evan Tanner (x2)
Ken Shamrock
David Loiseau
Okami
Wand (x2)
Chuck
Marvin Eastman

Notable Losses
Vitor
AS
Machida
Cung Le
Hendo
Forrest

- those are the only people to ever beat him

Carlos Newton
View attachment 405913
BJJ wizard
Former UFC 170 champ (lost his title by making Hughes loses consciousness and drop Newton on his head. Hughes said he regained consciousness he thought he lost the fight)
- fight with Silva was thought to be the 2 top 170 pounders in the world at that time
Wins
Pat Militech
Shoonie Carter
Renzo Gracie

Notable Losses
AS
Hendo
Sakuraba
Renzo
Matt Lindland
Ryo Chonan (same guy that tapped AS)
Hughes (x2)
- if you're going to lose that's not a bad list to lose to

Sakuraba
View attachment 405921 need I say more? Fight anyone, anywhere, anytime, size honestly doesn't matter.
Wins
Ken Shamrock
Kevin Randleman
Rampage
Renzo
Royce Gracie
Guy Mezger
Vitor
Carlos Newton
Vernon White

Notable Losses
Kimo
Igor Vovchanchyn
Wand (x3)
Cro Cop
Lil Nog
Arona
Royce Gracie
Manhoef

- once again if you're going to lose those are the people you want to lose to

Sherverse suggestions?

Saku is beloved. Dont think he belongs on list. Frankin I can agree with, even Newton.

I'd like to vote in Sean Sherk and Murilo Bustamante

My choices are
Rich Franklin
View attachment 405911
Former MW champ
Competed in both 185 and 205
Wins over
Evan Tanner (x2)
Ken Shamrock
David Loiseau
Okami
Wand (x2)
Chuck
Marvin Eastman

Notable Losses
Vitor
AS
Machida
Cung Le
Hendo
Forrest

- those are the only people to ever beat him

Carlos Newton
View attachment 405913
BJJ wizard
Former UFC 170 champ (lost his title by making Hughes loses consciousness and drop Newton on his head. Hughes said he regained consciousness he thought he lost the fight)
- fight with Silva was thought to be the 2 top 170 pounders in the world at that time
Wins
Pat Militech
Shoonie Carter
Renzo Gracie

Notable Losses
AS
Hendo
Sakuraba
Renzo
Matt Lindland
Ryo Chonan (same guy that tapped AS)
Hughes (x2)
- if you're going to lose that's not a bad list to lose to

Sakuraba
View attachment 405921 need I say more? Fight anyone, anywhere, anytime, size honestly doesn't matter.
Wins
Ken Shamrock
Kevin Randleman
Rampage
Renzo
Royce Gracie
Guy Mezger
Vitor
Carlos Newton
Vernon White

Notable Losses
Kimo
Igor Vovchanchyn
Wand (x3)
Cro Cop
Lil Nog
Arona
Royce Gracie
Manhoef

- once again if you're going to lose those are the people you want to lose to

Sherverse suggestions?
Mighty mouse and all of the flyweight divison basically.

People that shit on GSP for everything not including greasing and ducking MW contenders I don't pay attention too
So why did you make this thread? We point our factual things and you say nuh uh, I feel this way about tony, about GSP, about TJ, so even though they are constantly disrespected, I'll pretend it doesn't happen.

None of the guys in your OP are disrespected or underrated compared to the guys I listed. They are not the best all time in any weight class, none of those guys have any threads ever created about them, downplaying how good they are. lol ffs

So why did you make this thread? We point our factual things and you say nuh uh, I feel this way about tony, about GSP, about TJ, so even though they are constantly disrespected, I'll pretend it doesn't happen.

None of the guys in your OP are disrespected or underrated compared to the guys I listed. They are not the best all time in any weight class, none of those guys have any threads ever created about them, downplaying how good they are. lol ffs
Funny I made the thread after I was in another thread talking about how prime Franklin wouldn't be a top 10 fighter today.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/would-a-prime-rich-franklin-be-a-top-ten-mw-today.3796491/

Funny I made the thread after I was in another thread talking about how prime Franklin wouldn't be a top 10 fighter today.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/would-a-prime-rich-franklin-be-a-top-ten-mw-today.3796491/
He probably would be lower top10 but that doesn't make him underrated. A lot of killer MWs sprung up since he left.

Romero, Weidman, Whittaker, Moose, Gastelum, Jacare, costa, adesanya, at the very least are all fights he would have trouble winning. It doesn't mean he wasn't ever good but the MW división he ruled was not nearly as good as today

If you don't think GSP get's massively disrespected around here, you're either:

1) willfully ignorant, or

2) not paying attention.

Or both.

I can't even count the number of times I've sen him being called:

fraud
cheat
cherry picker
over rated
ducker
PED user

......and the list goes on and on.

Like the other guy said, it doesn't matter what he does, he gets disrespected for it all the time. If you can't, don't (or won't) see it, I am not sure what to tell you.

He's not the only fighter that gets treated like this, but in his opinion (and I share it) he takes way more abuse than most others.

Jones and Silva brought it upon themselves with their failed tests (and they're 2 of my favourite fighters, but I can call a spade a spade). GSP has done nothing but fight everyone they've put in from of him, beat them all, been humble and classy, and still people want to shit on him. It boggles my mind.

I get it, his style is not 'just bleed' friendly. Whatever. I appreciate him for the cerebral way he approaches everything. His fight IQ is off the charts. Probably the reason why most of his haters hate, because their general IQ is below retard level.

Anyway, if you don't see it, I suggest you pay a little more attention around here.

Wasn't GSP associated with some high level notorious drug dealer? Classy, my fucking ass. I'm TIRED of you fools wearing out that weak ass term to any fighter you want to screw. Classy people. don't associate with fucking thugs. GSP is not classy, he is just calculated. Right down to those corny ass suits he wears. It's smoke and mirrors.

I'm not a fan, but Raphael Assuncao may be the correct answer here

I'd say Shinya Aoki, dude was a beast & i think he can still be good if he was motivated, moved to a good camp in the U.S & dropped to 145lbs.

Back