Most disrespected or Underrated fighters

Ryan Bader.... He's pretty much an afterthought at this point, but his resume is phenomenal. Besides that one bad loss to Tito, he's only lost to Bones, Rumble, Machida, and Glover. Meanwhile, he's defeated Little Nog (2x), Rampage, Cavalcante with one hand, Rashad, Phil Davis (2x), Latifi, King Mo, Vassell, and Jardine. After the big 3 (Bones, DC, Rumble), you can make the case that Bader has been the next best LHW over the last decade.

Matt Serra.... Most people scoff and dismiss him as a fluke, but he had a very stellar career. Marred by close losses (caught by Shonie with seconds remaining when he was about to win a decision, a great fight against BJ in '02, and a close SD loss to Din Thomas), Serra was always a threat and was only finished once. Heavy hands and a great ground game. A very solid overall fighter.

Sean Sherk.... Doesn't receive enough recognition as one of the best LWs ever. He split time at WW and still compiled a 36-4 record and only ever lost to the absolute best of the best (Hughes, BJ, GSP, and Frankie). He dominated Florian to win the LW title. The dude was 5'6 and may have had shorter arms than Artem and he still wrecked most of his opponents.
Great pick. Guy dominated WW for years and was actually undersized. He started out a wrestler and picked up a decent boxing game as his career went on. He out boxed Nick Diaz FFS. He even took 2 rounds from Hughes when Hughes was still unstoppable. First LW champ even the UFC brought back the division.

36-4-1 (that's a hell of a record)
Wins
Nick Diaz
KenFlo
Manny Gamburyan
Karo (x2)
21 stoppage wins

Losses
Hughes
GSP
BJ
Frankie
(Nothing but all time greats)

I think Serra is underrated. I thought he got screwed against Hughes and should have won 29-28.

Great pick. Guy dominated WW for years and was actually undersized. He started out a wrestler and picked up a decent boxing game as his career went on. He out boxed Nick Diaz FFS. He even took 2 rounds from Hughes when Hughes was still unstoppable. First LW champ even the UFC brought back the division.

36-4-1 (that's a hell of a record)
Wins
Nick Diaz
KenFlo
Manny Gamburyan
Karo (x2)
21 stoppage wins

Losses
Hughes
GSP
BJ
Frankie
(Nothing but all time greats)

I think Serra is underrated. I thought he got screwed against Hughes and should have won 29-28.

Agreed about the Serra-Hughes fight. I thought he had it won, also. He definitely landed the most meaningful shots. Hughes did nothing of note.

Sherk's performances against Diaz and prime Hughes are so underappreciated.

UFC as a company disrespects Elkins. I truly believe he's getting cutting next time he loses. He's ruined the UFC's plans multiple and my 500 to win 5100 parlay at 209 when he beat Becktic. -650 favorite loses. FML. Hit everyone else including my +275 Teymur over Lando.
Parlays are for losers and gambling junkies. Hope Elikns gave you a good lesson ;)

There are a lot of fighters who get major disrespect in this B -Level Org while others have dana and the owners sniffing their bung holes.

Megumi Fujii. Never gets talked about despite having one of the greatest streaks ever and only losing 3 giant bullshit decisions. Was also a finisher.

26-3 19 subs

IMO Phil Davis is the most underrated active fighter.

Parlays are for losers and gambling junkies. Hope Elikns gave you a good lesson ;)
I've made exactly $12,153 year betting. That's net gain.

Just made $1139 on Saturday.

Hope you don't own any mutual funds, stocks, commodities, IRA or any investments. That's gambling too.

We got this far and havent mentioned Tim Slyvia?

For shame Sherdog, he's even disrespected on a disrespect thread

I’ll include under appreciated and my pick is Demetrius Johnson.
I won’t get in the 125lbs entertaining/skillful or not debate. All I’ll say is I think a lot of people who dismiss him for whatever reason will probably only appreciate his greatness once he is gone. In 10-15 years they will look back and honour the fact they witnessed a goat establish a legacy. Appreciate the moment guys, Demetrious is creating history. With that being said, I hope you are hyped for UFC 227.

We got this far and havent mentioned Tim Slyvia?

For shame Sherdog, he's even disrespected on a disrespect thread
Lol! I try to not hate on any fighter, but this guy......... I dunno.

Pretty much anyone under lightweight not named McGregor. I don’t get it, I enjoy the lighter weight classes as much as or more than the heavyweights.

Jake Shields , gets called boring and overlooked at times. I actually liked his grinder style and how hes able to pull off wins against more powerful guys.

Notable Ws-
Okami
Condit
Pyle
Daley
Lawler
Mayhem
Hendo
Kampmann
Akiyama
Woodley
Maia

Notable Ls-
GSP
Ellenberger
Lombard
Palhares
Fitch

Jake Shields , gets called boring and overlooked at times. I actually liked his grinder style and how hes able to pull off wins against more powerful guys.

Notable Ws-
Okami
Condit
Pyle
Daley
Lawler
Mayhem
Hendo
Kampmann
Akiyama
Woodley
Maia

Notable Ls-
GSP
Ellenberger
Lombard
Palhares
Fitch
He's a top 5 WW of all time. People might call him boring but no one is writing him off.

Back