Most common injuries/worst in BJJ class

The worst I've seen is a snapped shin. He was sitting on the side when a guy was double legged into him.

for me, the worst injury that I have had are;
1) bone bruise on my finger from who knows what (i think it might be from field hockey)
2) injured neck (was neck cranked during a tournament)
3) tendonitis in my ankle (i am 93 lbs and am the lightest in my gym and closed guard caused the injury because my foot was being constantly overused)

the worst injury that i have seen is someone tearing one of their tendons in their ankle

My first live roll ever a large white belt kneed me directly in the face and I bit a hole in my tongue. It was a great excuse to eat nothing but Halo Top for lunch because I couldn't chew food.

Since then, like others have said, sore ribs/chest is pretty much a mainstay. My ribcage is often so sore I can't properly bridge out of side control because it hurts so badly. Lately that's gotten better as my ability to Granby roll has improved.

Once strained my back trying to roll out of an arm bar. Still not sure how it happens and now I basically tap for arm bars as soon as my arm is extended. Probably shouldn't do?

I'm also constantly covered in bruises. Just all over. Shins, knees, arms, face. Gi burns on face and neck. Skinned tops of toes/feet when we do a lot of wrestling stuff like shots (some people wear wrestling shoes which I might invest in).

It's frightening how many people at the gym have ACL repair scars and wear knee braces. Also, most of the women in the locker room also complain of rib pain from getting crushed by bigger guys. And in a tournament I saw someone get flung into the scorers' table and badly concussed.

Back