Most Brutal Match EVER.... | Page 4

Discussion in 'Pro Wrestling Discussion' started by ALAN PARTRIDGE, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Buff Trash Belt Degenerate

Buff
    From what I gather, the new guys often do it for free, and the top guys get around $500 for the full works at IFL shows... I think CZW is a bit more, but not much!

2. Garnett Silk Levels 5 and 6 in EA UFC 2 are beneath me

Garnett Silk
    [​IMG]

Disagrees with you

Buff likes this.
  3. DannyNL The King is BACK, baby!

DannyNL
    But the Funks were legit wrestlers for a long time before he was doing the death match stuff, plus he had the pedigree. We're also far removed from the Attitude Era.

What are the chances Vince is going to look at one of these young guys having staples shot into their skulls and light tubes broke over their backs and say "hmmm we could really use that guy in our publicly-traded, family friendly product!"

Buff and Garnett Silk like this.
  4. JudoThrowFiasco Charming Quark

JudoThrowFiasco
    Not a match, but pretty brutal to have Rey fall on his face with his arms bound

Also, the I quit match where rock gave Mankind a dozen chair shots to the head./

Buff likes this.
  5. moonwolf Brown Belt

moonwolf
    [​IMG]

I'd say the chances are pretty good.

[​IMG]

Buff likes this.
  6. zane SPANKY!

zane

Drake's head squirting blood is fucking awesome. Dude's now a ref in NXT, and legit probably one of the nicest/most positive guys in the business

Buff likes this.
  7. Bluesbreaker Brown Belt

Bluesbreaker
    And if it was IWA Mid-South, they probably didn't get paid at all!

Buff likes this.
  8. jdionio Orange Belt

jdionio
    Same thing they'd have gotten if they worked at ECW near the end of it's tenure.

Buff likes this.
  9. Bluesbreaker Brown Belt

Bluesbreaker
    What a business, huh?

jdionio and Buff like this.
  10. Buff Trash Belt Degenerate

Buff
    And Brain Damage is dead apparently.

11. Buff Trash Belt Degenerate

Buff
    I did a little digging and found out that it normally only $100 for small shows... This match, the only ever of its kind in front of 60 people involved an 18 Foot drop onto a barbed wire ring. $100.

This interview basically tells you all you need to know about Ian Rotten, the hardcore biz, and that rednecks gonna redneck... It's one of the best interviews I've ever heard but it's a bit long:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    BenjaminRandalC and DannyNL like this.
  12. DannyNL The King is BACK, baby!

DannyNL
    Yeah I figured it had to be peanuts. If you're wrestling in front of 60 people who payed somewhere between 10-30$ for a ticket that's a 600-1800$ gate. After the expenses and the promoter taking his lion's share, what's left out of that for the wrestlers?

Buff likes this.
  13. Buff Trash Belt Degenerate

Buff
    That interview is just so hick... All kinds of people phone up to say what he did and how much he owes... Mad Man Pondo is mad about $50 for a deathmatch he did... JC Bailey's dad rings up to tell about how Ian Rotten demanded gas money for coming to the funeral... Ian Rotten admits to paying JC Bailey 30 halcyon for main eventing a card... Mickie Knuckles calls up to tell and scream about how Ian beat the fuck out of her, and did all kind of other shit.

It's glorious. The interviewer destroys him too... I had no idea this guy even existed at the beginning of the year!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  14. jdionio Orange Belt

jdionio
    Yep, it's one hell of a business. Only good thing I can think of is at least a few of them got jobs in other promotions that actually paid something. Hell, if you haven't seen it yet, check out "Card Subject to Change." It's on Hulu. Necrobutcher talks about how gets paid thousands of dollars to go around the world doing these matches and if he wasn't, some other asshole would be.

It's well known Ian's a scumbag. Various shoots have put this out there and this is just another to add to the pile. If there was one person that should be banned from the business, it's him. Yet another person I won't be sad to see go to the grave.

Buff likes this.
  15. sleepwalk pork roll, egg and cheese belt

sleepwalk
    It sure doesn't compare to the lunacy of those death matches but, for regular worked matches, the old All Japan had some stiff fests.

16. moonwolf Brown Belt

moonwolf
    necrobutcher retired last year. last I heard he was playing golf tournaments.

17. Buff Trash Belt Degenerate

Buff
    How about this one?

Botched ending... The scissors were facing the wrong way and went in a considerable way.

18. jdionio Orange Belt

jdionio
    To be fair, the movie was from 7 years ago or so.

19. rocketskates Black Belt

rocketskates
    I read in Bob Hollys book that those guy were total enforcers. If someone did something shitty in the back, management would book them in a match with the Acolytes and tell Bradshaw and Farooq to shoot on them to teach the person a lesson.

Buff likes this.
  20. Buff Trash Belt Degenerate

Buff
    Imagine how fucking scary that would be - thing about it:

You go out all goofy playing Kaybabe with your gimmick, totally expecting to put on a show and have some fun doing what you love in your first big match in the biggest promotion in the only thing you can get a decent job in...
    Then all of a sudden two of the meanest guys in wrestling history go apeshit, no-sell you puny offence and beat you down like a son... You'd fight back but they can win and you know it.
    Not only that there's 30k people watching and the boss sat ringside who is totally in on the whole thing, and not only that, he encouraged it - and he's gonna be pissed off if you make it look bad... So you have to go in there, give up your gimmick and get painfully humiliated to the point of emasculation, then when you do go backstage nobody has your back and everybody tells you that you deserved it.

Wrestling court.
    <{dayum}>

rocketskates likes this.