most blatant ducking you've ever seen from a fighter.

Woodley -> Lombard
GSP -> Anderson
Anderson -> Jones
Ronda and GDR -> Cyborg

GDR has to get the nod, because I've never seen a fighter duck someone to the point where they were willing to give up their world championship. I've seen it in boxing when Riddick ducked Lennox, but never in MMA.

Notable mention goes to Tito, who tried to use the "but we're friends" excuse to not fight Chuck, who reportedly beat the shit out of him in training. When Chuck said "...no we're not, we can fight", he still tried to duck.

It's been said that Tom Erikson was HIGHLY avoided in his prime, to the point where certain fighters put it in their Pride contracts that they wouldn't be made to fight him.

Reminds me of when Anderson said Jones was his friend. And Shogun. Wanted no part of either guy. Also ducked Chris for a year and only fought him after he was coming back from a surgery. Said he wanted to take a year off to be with his family and in that dame time took a fight against Bonnar.

Conor is willing to risk jail time to avoid fighting Khabib.

Just knee him in the face godammit!
That's why I hate boxing.
This is why you hate boxing!?
I though this was awesome
I appreciate it for what it is and that you’d never see it in mma for that very reason.
Variety is the spice of life my friend.

Anderson Silva ducking the UFC WW Division for all those years.

tenor.gif

Supposed pound-for-pound king Mighty Mouse not stepping out of his puddle of a division for a challenge.

Guess he's content being a big fish (lol qts.png) in a small, small, smalllllll pond.

King of the manlets.

would like to add honorable mention of rockhold ducking jacare.

not biggest duck example by far... but when weidman pulled out of the rematch luke "chose" bisping as the replacement.

and after losing the belt he was scheduled to fight jacare in Australia but pulled out albeit due to injury.

Woodley recently ducking GSP was the biggest chicken shit I've seen.
<TheWire1>{<huh}

Woodley has been calling out GSP nonstop.
It is GSP who is blatantly ducking his own division.... while GSP fanboys try to justify by saying he don't have to prove anything at WW anymore...

...how do you figure Woodley is ducking someone who refuses to fight their natural WC?

<TheWire1>{<huh}

Woodley has been calling out GSP nonstop.
It is GSP who is blatantly ducking his own division.... while GSP fanboys try to justify by saying he don't have to prove anything at WW anymore...

...how do you figure Woodley is ducking someone who refuses to fight their natural WC?

GSP hasn't fought as a WW in five years. Calling him out instead of calling out the number one WW contender is as big a duck as GSP moving on to try new weight divisions. Either they're both ducking, or neither is ducking.

My take is: neither is ducking. Both are trying to maximize their earnings in the time they have left in MMA. For Woodley that means a fight with GSP (a huge PPV draw) instead of fighting the number one WW contender. For GSP that means finding the biggest draw in any weight division he can make.

To me it seems absolutely obvious: they're both being smart business men, and in fact I suspect in both cases its their financial advisers telling them who they should try to fight.

However, in terms of pure sport (which is what ducking refers to), GSP should have to work his way through the WW ranks to earn a shot at Woodley, and Woodley shouldn't be interested in fighting GSP until he does that. I'd put the chances of either taking that approach to be about zero: its about money for both of them, not about pure sport.

Anyone thinking one but not the other is ducking is simply making their biases clear.

GSP= GOAT ducker.

Ducked Anderson for literally years. Everyone wanted that superfight, except for GSP himself lol.

Then ducked Whittaker by vacating the belt, right after he had no problem figniting Bisping. Colitis bro!
by that logic silva ducked jones

silva said he didnt want to fight jones but wanted gsp to move up

the real answer is mm

that little bitch ducked dillishaw, dillishaw wanted to go down

<TheWire1>{<huh}

saying that gsp ducked woodley is fucking retarded

he challenged the champion above his division, that even more impressive

woodley was getting koed and losing decisions to shield while gsp was defending, not gsp fault

even if gsp beat tyrone and decided to retire, you haters would just claim he his ducking whoever win the belt next, what is he supposed to do? fight at ww until he finally lose?

Ronda wanted no part of Cyborg. Nice White Knights still coming to honor their Honda.

Sure, it was plenty convenient to force Cyborg to 135. Why no catch weight? Hey, she was once in human kind, could beat Cain? Everyone else is a do nothing bitch? Cyborg is a cheater, a man? Ok then meet her at 140...no?

Cris got caught using PED’s. True. But don’t anyone dare credit Ronda in that stalemate. She fucking ducked the shit out of Cyborg. Take care now.

Kamaru Usman is without a doubt one of the most ducked fighters of 2018.
Followed by Zabit and Cyborg.

Back