Most badass-looking military uniform

USMC MARPAT

and LOL at the Mexican Special forces picture, reminds me of The Expendables.

USMC MARPAT

and LOL at the Mexican Special forces picture, reminds me of The Expendables.

The thread was about the most coolest looking uniforms. The rifles and face paint may be impractical, but you can't deny these guys look cool and badassed. Like GI Joe action figures. If there was an award for who looks the coolest, they would get it. They also switch up their face paint colors and styles. Making them even more cool.

mexican%20army%20with%20barrett.jpg

001-1003231107-Mexican-Special-Forces.jpg

ejercito%2B14.jpg

pt0W38o.jpg

Mexican-Army1.jpg

Yeah but I can't get over those gigantic rifles, they look like stage props. I wonder if they ever get to fire them. They're made for snipers FFS, not for carrying like battle rifles. They don't even have slings, they'd have to carry them in their hands like in the pics. No way, not at 31 pounds. Ten thousand dollar props.

Great for parades, though.

The fictionalized Nazi stuff is always menacing looking:

4883606218_8d42cfcbf6_z.jpg

For the "good guy" image I've always liked the Mounties. Again, the fiction version:

fribergthetrailends2.jpg

And Kurgan's armor from Highlander was pretty badass:

The-Kurgan-highlander-8779282-510-400.jpg

but who was squats

What rifle is that? They seem to be balancing it fairly well, but it looks akward.

G36K. Exactly what about it looks awkward? Folding stock is par for the course, likewise synthetic materials and transparent mags. THe integrated sight/carrying handle has been around since the AR15.

G36K. Exactly what about it looks awkward? Folding stock is par for the course, likewise synthetic materials and transparent mags. THe integrated sight/carrying handle has been around since the AR15.

Got a keyboard warrior over here everybody...look out.

I mean the square-jawed, super slim but broad-shouldered guy in the paintings, vs. the probably more realistic guy on the left here:

Royal-Canadian-Mounted-Police-Uniforms.jpg

Sorry, you had me confused. I thought the discussion was strictly on the uniforms. No biggie.

Sorry, you had me confused. I thought the discussion was strictly on the uniforms. No biggie.

Oh the uniform is great. But it looks best with the right person wearing it. US military dress uniforms are slick, but there's a reason there are height/weight standards for ceremonial duties like guarding the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier:

arlington-guard1.jpg

Oh the uniform is great. But it looks best with the right person wearing it. US military dress uniforms are slick, but there's a reason there are height/weight standards for ceremonial duties like guarding the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier:

arlington-guard1.jpg

Agreed.

Back