Movies MORTAL KOMBAT 2021 (Premieres April 23, 2021)

If you have seen MORTAL KOMBAT (2021), how would you rate it?

• Total voters
the guy who played vince

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Schulze

740full-matt-schulze.jpg

I'm not really a big fast & furious guy. Can he do an Aussie accent you think?

I'm not really a big fast & furious guy. Can he do an Aussie accent you think?
Well he did play an ok protagonist in the first FF and had a redeem arc in the 5th movie I think. He looked more like Kano in the newer film as he was bigger

@Dragonlordxxxxx don't you usually do threads with your preferred casting choices in them? This could be a good one for that.

Imo Johnny Cage has to be someone like Chris Pratt or Ryan Reynolds. They're just made for that part.

Winston Duke could be a solid pick for Jax.

I'm sure Patrick Wilson will be in it because he's in everything James Wan does. I don't know what part he'd fit though.

Jason Statham as Kano could be awesome, even though Kano is an Aussie. I feel like that could be changed without much controversy though.

It would be interesting to see if James Wan could get Jason Momoa on board after working with him on Aquaman as well. Not sure what role would be good for him though.
A Mortal Kombat fantasy casting could be nice. We'll see.

@Dragonlordxxxxx

Did you see the supposed leaked script yet?
Haven't read it nor would I want to.

A Mortal Kombat fantasy casting could be nice. We'll see.

Haven't read it nor would I want to.

It wasn't the whole script just the synopsis, but it wasn't very true to anything from the franchise and it sounded very bad. But now having heard Todd Gardner talking about the already established lore and such, I really think it was just a fake. Not to mention it was denied by Wan, I think.

It wasn't the whole script just the synopsis, but it wasn't very true to anything from the franchise and it sounded very bad. But now having heard Todd Gardner talking about the already established lore and such, I really think it was just a fake. Not to mention it was denied by Wan, I think.
It was confirmed to be fake if it's the one I'm thinking of.

It was confirmed to be fake if it's the one I'm thinking of.

Yeah, I know. But that could always be damage control. MK has a habit of things getting leaked, lol. Though I guess this movie is an independent production from NetherRealm Studios, but it's still the same idea.

Though I feel more reassured now with Gardner talking about the movie, than I was after the initial denial of the scripts validity.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="davidlemonparty, post: 153441183, member: 519261] Blaydes always walks out to MK theme bro[/QUOTE]

Was not aware of this.

Update: August 16, 2019

Ludi Lin (Liu Kang), Mehcad Brooks (Jax), Tadanobu Asano (Raiden) and Sisi Stringer (Mileena) Join MORTAL KOMBAT

Mkds53N.jpg

New Line's Mortal Kombat movie is lining up their fighters. Supergirl actor Mehcad Brooks, Thor: Ragnarok actor Tadanobu Asano, Australian newcomer Sisi Stringer and Power Rangers actor Ludi Lin are stepped into the ring for the project, which is based on the iconic video game.

James Wan and Todd Garner are producing the mano-a-mano adaptation which will be the feature debut of veteran commercial director Simon McQuoid. Joe Taslim is already on board as Sub-Zero.

While the plot of the film remains unknown, the video game centers on a massive roster of character fighters from different realms in a fictional universe battling for supremacy. Greg Russo penned the current version of the screenplay.

Brooks will be playing Jackson ‘Jax’ Briggs, the Special Forces muscleman who is a mainstay in the video game franchise; Stringer is Mileena, the unstable, sai-jabbing assassin; Lin is Liu Kang, one of the game's original characters, a monk-turned-fighter. Asano, a veteran actor in his native Japan, is in negotiations to play Raiden, the Japanese god of thunder.

New Line is aiming to have a diverse international cast so as to reflect the global nature of the franchise, with actors coming in from the worlds of film, television, and martial arts. The company has slated a March 5, 2021 release.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/mortal-kombat-movie-adds-fistful-fighters-1232599

Big shoez to fill for Raiden... but I didn't think anyone could replace Highlander. I was pleasantly surprised though. Hoping for the best though I'm a bit surprised by them going Asian.

Awesome Milleena is in. I had a lot of fun playing as her character... & love the backstory. She's a very legit villain's minion.

I dunno any of those guys besides Asano. Hopefully he fries the shit out of some dudes.

Needless to say it must be R-rated.

Ludi Lin was also my choice for Liu Kang.

I've never heard of him before and this was the first pic I've seen of him today.

My first thought was 'Woah, he really like caking on layers of makeup for the red carpet.'

6df87d642a06acac4d16726e51fe8136.jpg

Ludi.jpg

2e5164d655e492a5ced911bd2ed372ee.jpg

oh-my-takei_zps45fbdc2c.gif~c200

Just keep the fucking techno 90s dance theme song an I'm in

I saw the 1st MK movie in the theater the day it came out. My mom took me and a friend to see it. My mom watched Dangerous Minds I think. Me and my friend thought MK was amazing. The soundtrack had us pumped. We were so let down with the ending but so excited for part 2

The problem with these fighting game movies I see now that I'm older is there are way too many characters.. Important characters in the game are cannon fodder in the movies. They cant get in depth in the storylines on the characters because there are too many.. Everyone gets downplayed..

I don't know anything about the movie and I haven't played the last couple MK games but I would love to see Sub Zero as the main character in the movie.

Instead of a team of good guys like Kang, Cage, Blade, Raiden.

I want it to be about Sub Zero and his mission to take out Scorpion or vice versa..

Either one fights thru the tournament and wins.. Final battle is Sub Zero vs Scorpion.. It would be easier to focus on a single character and his arch enemy while their storylines while they fight through the tournament.. One beats Khan, the other takes out Goro or Kintaro.. Then meet each other for the final battle.

It wont happen but I think it would make for a good movie

Back