Morning Training on a empty stomach?

If I say that the UK, in its entirety, consists of cantankerous skinheads that like to vomit on thai prostitutes because I've seen two people that fit the description do just that in Phuket, does that make me right?
#notallbrits

If I say that the UK, in its entirety, consists of cantankerous skinheads that like to vomit on thai prostitutes because I've seen two people that fit the description do just that in Phuket, does that make me right?

I'm sure you're clever enough to understand the word "some", which means a select few and not the majority. I'm surprised I have to explained such an easy word to a Swede.

I guess if pretending to be an idiot to sound cool is how you want to come across then whatever floats your boat.

I don't think there's any shame in your country experimenting with new things to improve the social life and work/life balance of its people.

Very confrontational in here.

Agree about the long working hours. 1 hour commute maybe there, 1 back. Traffic. We are all slaves.

6 hour working days isn't the way forward though imvho. 3 off 4 on is. By Thursday and Friday I'm flagging big time.

Very confrontational in here.

Agree about the long working hours. 1 hour commute maybe there, 1 back. Traffic. We are all slaves.

6 hour working days isn't the way forward though imvho. 3 off 4 on is. By Thursday and Friday I'm flagging big time.

was having this conversation with a co-worker today. With the industrial revolution, people left the farms and went to factories, this is where the 8 hour work day came into effect, "8 work, 8 recreation, 8 sleep". But if theres 7 days in a week, why is it 5-2 instead of 4-3. Then you have people who work 3 12's or 4 10's. 6 hour work days would be nice, and it still fits into 24 hours nicely.

I read something on this topic before but I can't find it. Basically, it said training on an empty stomach leads to poorer training sessions. Your overall capacity decreases and you just end up doing less than you would have if you had had more energy.

^ That's quite possibly true, I know that when I train on week ends at 4-5PM after I had something for lunch, I have more energy for my session. However in terms of duration, I still feel tired around the 45min mark. The tonage or number of sets might have been higher, I would have to check.
But sure, in terms of feeling good and all, it's way easier later in the day than at 7AM when I sometimes have to drag my ass to the gym because I barely slept 6 hours. It's just that it's convenient for me, and works with my goals (so far).

I read something on this topic before but I can't find it. Basically, it said training on an empty stomach leads to poorer training sessions. Your overall capacity decreases and you just end up doing less than you would have if you had had more energy.

I think that this is a good point. Maybe i will try both things and see which fits me best.

Back