Morning Training on a empty stomach? | Page 2

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by shincheckin, Mar 31, 2017.

1. MescalineDreams Brown Belt

MescalineDreams
    I'd say take It another step further and cut out all grains that aren't quinoa, beans aren't the best..and cheese only If it's coming from a local source / ideally grass fed. Most cheese is garbage.

Having good fat sources Is pretty Important too. grass fed red meats, wild caught fish / salmon, pastured local eggs, avocado, coconut oil, macademia nuts, cashews, walnuts, olive oil etc.

2. shincheckin Blue Belt

shincheckin
    Thanks for the information, it looks like intermittent fasting may be something to try.

As far as what to eat, I already pretty much have that down, and know what does and doesnt work for me.

For anyone with a sensitive stomach, that is sensitive to fatty/greasy foods such as myself I can say try the paleo, its health and easy on the stomach. This allows me to train hard, with no bubble guts, and be able to take body shots no problem.

Going back to intermittent fasting, funny that this has been brought up as I really dont get hungry until about 1 in the afternoon, but i generally eat something small before than because your "supposed" to eat breakfast. its typically just some fruit such as a apple or orange or bananan for breakfast.

I can train in the AM good on a empty stomach and water, but I can beast it if I have a banana first.

Now to contradict intermittent fasting, there is another concept of eating small frequent meals, such as 6 meals a day, the theory behind this is to keep the metabolism burning all day for supposed weight loss.

Bubzeh likes this.
  3. therealdope Steel Belt

therealdope
    That's fine if you are an endurance or full-time athlete burning calories all day long. If you work in an office like to go to drive thru's it's just a recipe to get fat.

shincheckin likes this.
  4. MescalineDreams Brown Belt

MescalineDreams
    https://authoritynutrition.com/11-myths-fasting-and-meal-frequency/

shincheckin likes this.
  5. Thunderhead Assman Extraordinaire

Thunderhead
    I know this wasn't addressed to me, but I already do it like you mentioned.

shincheckin and MescalineDreams like this.
  6. shincheckin Blue Belt

shincheckin
    Thats kinda what I end up doing unintentionally when I am training hard, I regularly train 5 days a week, 6 for a fight, and I work in a office. A comparison I would use is if a car is parked, but running, it still burns gas, although not as much as driving. So man in office is still burning gas, but not as much as a laborer.

my program generally goes like this

protein shake for breakfast while driving to work

apple or orange or banana, or all 3 depending on how hugnry i am for snack, or maybe one, then on a little later, etc

lunch is paleo diet, chicken and vegetables for example

training

paleo diet dinner

repeat

NOW: I am currently not working, and get to sleep in, i am not burning or using as much calories, lately, uninetentionally, I have been eating only 1 or 2 times a day.

all stuff to experiment with I guess.

7. therealdope Steel Belt

therealdope
    Sleep is an underrated form of nutrition.

SRN, shincheckin and corpse like this.
  8. Lawblaw Brown Belt

Lawblaw
    I love training on an empty stomach.. been doing it for years

9. Cool Hand Luke The Real Cool Hand Luke

Cool Hand Luke
    i do my workouts in the morning on just a cup of coffee

corpse likes this.
  10. shincheckin Blue Belt

shincheckin
    yeah if there was only more time in the day. the whole idea of 8 hours work, 8 hours recreation, 8 hours sleep is not true at all.

its more like 9 hours work, 1 hour to get ready in the am, 1 hour there, 1 hour back, thats 12 hours there. which leaves us with 12 left, lets take out 8 for sleep, we now have 4 hours, training takes about 2-3, 1 hour left for household chores, etc.. theres just not enough time in the day. other countries have 6 hour work days.

Bubzeh likes this.
  11. ArmandoGarcia White Belt

ArmandoGarcia
    I think, a cup of coffee can already gives you a boost to start up your training. Or you can take a light meal before doing so to fuel up your day. Breakfast is important since this is the most important meal in a day and since you need extra energy, maybe a small course or a balanced meal can support your workout without jeopardizing your weight loss routine.

12. nastyElbows also avirgin Yellow Belt

nastyElbows also avirgin
    it doesn't matter. the only thing that matters is burning more calories than you consume. i'd eat before working out.

j123 and corpse like this.
  13. Beijing Power Yellow Belt

Beijing Power
  14. golvmopp Always outnumbered, never outgunned

golvmopp
    Any examples?

15. shincheckin Blue Belt

shincheckin
    sweden

16. golvmopp Always outnumbered, never outgunned

golvmopp
    I live there. You're wrong.

corpse likes this.
  17. Tayski Purple Belt

Tayski
    You're kind of both right. The 6-hour days are being tested in some companies in Sweden as something which could improve employees' productivity and reduce sick absences. The objective is that after some testing it could possibly be passed as a work law in the future.

However they realised that while it does increase employee productivity during those 6 hours and is better for the employee's work/life balance, it is actually not that much more efficient than working longer hours and it is also expansive for the companies involved. Therefore it most likely never will be passed as a work law.

More info on this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38843341

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...eriment-cothenburg-pilot-scheme-a7508581.html

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...efits-six-hour-working-day-trial-care-workers

18. 007 License to Kill

<28> Dolce knows

19. bushman505 Brown Belt

bushman505

I had an old school coach too, he just made me XC ski and Donny rides on mountain bikes and race cyclecross all winter.

I was always under the impression that racing cyclecross all winter was the ultimate in old school off season training advice. I mean we had races every weekend and sometimes and on Tuesday night to replace the crits during the winter months.

20. golvmopp Always outnumbered, never outgunned

golvmopp
    If I say that the UK, in its entirety, consists of cantankerous skinheads that like to vomit on thai prostitutes because I've seen two people that fit the description do just that in Phuket, does that make me right?