Morning show hosts called out for pre-taping post-Thanksgiving show

G

Guestx

Thought this was kind of funny.

Morning Joe hosts Mika Brzezinski and Joe Scarborough routinely had their usual banter on their daily show on the day after Thanksgiving, talking about their turkey day festivities. They shared fun anecdotes about the annual holiday. The only problem was Thanksgiving had yet to happen.

Usually taped live five days a week, Morning Joe discusses up-to-the-minute current events, but for the post-Thanksgiving show, viewers noticed that the usual “Live” graphic was missing, giving hints that the show was pre-taped. Also, they noticed that amidst Brzezinski saying she was “stuffed” from her Thanksgiving meal and Scarborough and co-host Willie Geist sharing their turkey cooking methods, they weren’t discussing the terrorist attack on a mosque in Egypt, which was the biggest story of the day — because it didn’t happen yet. However, it was included in the news crawl that was added later.

According to the Washington Post, MSNBC declined to comment about the not-so-live taping, but an executive confirmed that the program indeed wasn’t live. “There was no intention to trick viewers,” she said. “Would it have helped if there was a disclaimer? Maybe. But that’s not typically done.”

She added, “They’re having fun.”

What do you think, guys? Is this something to get upset over or is it understandable given the kind of show it is and the holiday circumstances?

I don't think this is a big deal at all.

Who is actually upset about it?

Oh no, you mean the things the TV tells me aren't 100% authentic? And here all this time I thought Mr. Rogers was my neighbor.

I don't think this is a big deal at all.

Who is actually upset about it?

Well it seems that the network has received some feedback. Not sure how much of that feedback has been from people who were genuinely upset.

I do think it's kind of funny--even slightly off-putting--that they were trying to front and were being like, "Oh shit, that was a hell of a Thanksgiving!" even though Thanksgiving had not actually happened yet.

Thought this was kind of funny.

What do you think, guys? Is this something to get upset over or is it understandable given the kind of show it is and the holiday circumstances?

1rw1b6.jpg

According to the recent sexual assault allegations made public by female helper elves, he's all too real.
At least we have confirmation. I'd rather know that Santa is real and a sexual predator than not real and a good guy. I was always skeptical that this "real" man that was so damn nice and actually existed. It was too good to be true. Even Bill Cosby wasnt as great as everyone said he was, so why believe in Santa? Now it all makes sense.

I'd rather know that Santa is real and a sexual predator than not real and a good guy. I was always skeptical that this "real" man that was so damn nice and actually existed.

According to just one example from the New York Times exposé, in 2006 Santa blocked one of the female Keebler elves from leaving the tree, as he masturbated furiously in front of her.

It's a Thanksgiving celebration, who gives a fuck. It's not like anyone is watching it at home anyways. Anyone that's not totally lame is watching a football game or even a good movie with your family, not watching the local news hosts fake excitement for a Thanksgiving celebration.

Doesn't seem like a big deal. They just wanted to spend the day with their families.

I'm politically obligated to.consider this a big deal. Liberal hacks....

It's a Thanksgiving celebration, who gives a fuck. It's not like anyone is watching it at home anyways. Anyone that's not totally lame is watching a football game or even a good movie with your family, not watching the local news hosts fake excitement for a Thanksgiving celebration.

C'mon bruh, did you even read one line of the article?

We're talking about the day AFTER Thanksgiving here. Not Thanksgiving Day.

those bastards, how dare they take off during a national holiday weekend, but still provide content in advance to make up for it.

You have to be a real miserable piece of garbage to get upset by this.

Having to pretend they were stuffed with turkey

<JonesLaugh>

Well it seems that the network has received some feedback. Not sure how much of that feedback has been from people who were genuinely upset.

I do think it's kind of funny--even slightly off-putting--that they were trying to front and were being like, "Oh shit, that was a hell of a Thanksgiving!" even though Thanksgiving had not actually happened yet.

Agreed.
Whether they removed their "LIVE" tag or not, this is clear, inarguable, deliberate deception.
On a sitcom or entertainment program, that's fine.
On a news show, it is not.

Back