More troops headed to Afghanistan after 17 years

I mean have you seen the ANA/MP do jumping jacks?

seriously, they can't defend a bathroom
they also had a 20-25% AWOL rate from training while I was there, where do you think those guys go and take that training? not to help their village if you feel me

The Taliban is not Al Qaeda.

I'm not sure what gave you the impression I was confusing the two. I think you're just taking my rhetoric a little too literally, which is probably my fault, but I was speaking off the cuff.

Declared reason: Al Qaeda had a base there and Osama Bin Laden was given sanctuary.
Real reason: relatively easy place to manage whilst waging war on Iraq, Syria, Somalia, Libya, Sudan, Iran and Yemen.
From the thread titles and news headlines I've been seeing lately--sadly no time to read-- Turkey is headed for collapse. No doubt the US anticipates being "asked" to help restore order and democracy. One can anticipate the argument to beef up the number of US troops there.

MAGA all around the world LOL
Except, you must remember, MAGA stands for Making Attorneys Get Attorneys.

From the thread titles and news headlines I've been seeing lately--sadly no time to read-- Turkey is headed for collapse. No doubt the US anticipates being "asked" to help restore order and democracy. One can anticipate the argument to beef up the number of US troops there.

MAGA all around the world LOL
Except, you must remember, MAGA stands for Making Attorneys Get Attorneys.

That would make sense as Turkey as the potential to go full Florida if it collapses. We have the bases there, lets get ready short term just in case. Thats smart. Bulking up in Afghanistan in the hopes that peace, love, and understanding develops is an expensive and futile endeavor.

Or, we could just be prepping a go at Iran?

Again, you're arguing about half the story. Odd that your links are Time Magazine, HuffPo, and the NY Times. It's like you're oblivious to the fact that you literally are a sterotype of Left Wing thought. (P.S., had you just read the entire wiki link you posted, you'd have seen some of this.) The main reason for this was that Obama was pushing for more "inclusiveness" within the Iraqi government itself. His administration wanted the largely Shia dominated government to give up much of it's power in the name of "inclusion" (a term that means almost nothing to anyone outside of Western Liberalism, BTW) to the Sunni minority in it's country that has seen it as it's enemy and had brutally, systematically oppressed it for the last 30+ years. Shocking that that didn't work. Oh well, at least he got to campaign for re-election on having "ended" the War in Iraq.

So it's my "liberal" (see: factual) sources versus well...dipshittery.

You went full retard. Get some help.

If you spending 700billion a year you gotta justify it somehow

Having spent many years in Afghan within the military and private sector there is one over-ruling reason for us to have been there- because men have always loved fighting. It has been a modern day arena to get the fucking rounds down and fuck shit up. Nobody should be joining the military to look nice in a uniform- it's to fuck people up and get paid to do it. Wish more people could simply admit this.
I wonder why saying that you want to destroy the enemy of the US and having high functioning autism is a no for the military. I heard that Israel put those guys and gals to work.

"Pentagon strips Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria troop numbers from the web."
Link: https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...raq-afghanistan-syria-troop-numbers-from-web/

Did anyone catch this on the first post? Why is this information now classified? The Pentagon does not want U.S. public sentiment to affect the result of their operations (deployments)? This is a 'lessons learned' from Vietnam. The media was already partly censored during the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, now they are being completely censored. I think this is a very bad idea.

Yes. It's not.
But it's an interesting footnote to the discussion about Afghanistan fomenting terrorism and encouraging training camps for AQ.
It shows how glaringly inconsistent our interventionism is. Look at Yemen. We're supporting, and have been since Obama, war crimes because of the Houthis, while AQAP has had had half that country under its control for the last 8 years. AQ never has such a presence in Afghanistan.

So it's my "liberal" (see: factual) sources versus well...dipshittery.

You went full retard. Get some help.

You're my favorite poster by far. Whenever you can't refute something, the other poster needs to "Get help".

Did anyone catch this on the first post? Why is this information now classified? The Pentagon does not want U.S. public sentiment to affect the result of their operations (deployments)? This is a 'lessons learned' from Vietnam. The media was already partly censored during the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, now they are being completely censored. I think this is a very bad idea.

The American public could honestly care less.

The American public could honestly care less.

How is that? Let that casualty rate hit 500 and see what happens. Oh, I forgot, that information will probably also be classified. Casualty rates always does the trick, that is what got the U.S. out of Vietnam. Afghanistan is the longest war in U.S. history - 17 years. We have roughly 15,000 troops on the ground there right now. Any soldier or Marine joining the service today will be guaranteed a tour in Afghanistan (specially if you want to be promoted).

Afghanistan is one of the few countries in the world where a 10 megaton thermonuclear bomb would not affect anything. The enemy would just hide inside the mountains.

How is that? Let that casualty rate hit 500 and see what happens. Oh, I forgot, that information will probably also be classified. Casualty rates always does the trick, that is what got the U.S. out of Vietnam. Afghanistan is the longest war in U.S. history - 17 years. We have roughly 15,000 troops on the ground there right now. Any soldier or Marine joining the service today will be guaranteed a tour in Afghanistan (specially if you want to be promoted).

Afghanistan is one of the few countries in the world where a 10 megaton thermonuclear bomb would not affect anything. The enemy would just hide inside the mountains.

When was the last time you saw an update about what was going on in Afghanistan on the news? Who is the top US commander in Afghanistan? Nobody knows. Because nobody cares. Less than 1% of the American population has seen combat in Iraq or Afghanistan in the time those wars have been being fought. Everyday life in the US has not been disrupted a tiny bit. The American Public in actuality, outside of all the "Thank the troops" marketing campaigns you see from time to time, could not care less about what's going on. They're insulated from it and not paying attention.

You're my favorite poster by far. Whenever you can't refute something, the other poster needs to "Get help".

You literally just said my sources were "liberal sources" and refused to address the information in them.

That's fucking rich coming from deflection woman.

2lVrLNk.gif

Everyday life in the US has not been disrupted a tiny bit. The American Public in actuality, outside of all the "Thank the troops" marketing campaigns you see from time to time, could not care less about what's going on. They're insulated from it and not paying attention.

True. They certainly don't give a shit about the 23 American veterans committing suicide every day. That's 690 Americans dead right here in the United States every month. Yeap, higher figures than Afghanistan, Iraq, and Syria combined. 8,280 in one year. This has been going on for many years now and Americans don't know and don't care.

True. They certainly don't give a shit about the 23 American veterans committing suicide every day. That's 690 Americans dead right here in the United States every month. Yeap, higher figures than Afghanistan, Iraq, and Syria combined. 8,280 in one year. This has been going on for many years now and Americans don't know and don't care.

Over the last few years it's been more per year than killed in combat total in the war on terror.

You literally just said my sources were "liberal sources" and refused to address the information in them.

That's fucking rich coming from deflection woman.

2lVrLNk.gif

So Huffpo isn't a massively Liberal source? Can you read? I said you were telling half the story. I didn't say your argument was untrue. Nice meme though....

Back