More than 200 civilians killed in US Airstrike in Iraq

Mosul fell to what, 900 jihadists? Maybe instead of being terrorist sympathisers the city might have put up a better fight. The west and her air power wasn't going to allow a city of 2 million to fall to terrorist crazies for long.

Unfunnily enough I think Bush may end up being vindicated on Iraq. He went about it for entirely the wrong (bullshit) reasons, but over the long term Iraq may end up being better off for it.

If you look far enough into the future a country can get over almost any fuck up. It doesn't mean the fuck up was worth it. Iraq would have a lot more money, educated people and be decades ahead in terms of infrastructure if the invasion never happened.

One thing i do think about is what the arab spring would have done to saddam's iraq. But im not sure if there would even be one without it.

If you look far enough into the future a country can get over almost any fuck up. It doesn't mean the fuck up was worth it. Iraq would have a lot more money, educated people and be decades ahead in terms of infrastructure if the invasion never happened.

I doubt that. Under Saddam Iraq wasn't doing much about anything. They were heavily sanctioned. The only pockets he was lining were his own and that of his tribe.

One thing i do think about is what the arab spring would have done to saddam's iraq. But im not sure if there would even be one without it.

Probably get a taste of Saddam's murder machine. Just like every other time they rose up against him.

I doubt that. Under Saddam Iraq wasn't doing much about anything. They were heavily sanctioned. The only pockets he was lining were his own and that of his tribe.

doing nothing for the time being was better than getting destroyed. not to mention that AQ would have nowhere to go with getting their shit kicked in Afghanistan. Iraq was a gift and a new front that they desperately needed.

Probably get a taste of Saddam's murder machine. Just like every other time they rose up against him.

ironically, i could see the US supporting Saddam because the uprising would probably be another shia one supported by Iran.

ironically, i could see the US supporting Saddam because the uprising would probably be another shia one supported by Iran.

Nothing ironic about it. The US consistently failed to support those who rose up against Saddam; and always supported Saddam until he turned his attention to taking over Kuwait. Bearing in mind he did this because the likes of Kuwait and Saudi encouraged (and financed) him to invade Iran, and then wanted their money back when he failed.

And we wonder why they're willing to die to kill one of us with a knife.

We have been in iraq since 2003. Its been 14 years. If you think that there ia about to be an end to the fighting, you arent paying attention. Whether its Al-queida, an insurgency, ISIS, or the kurd problem you see coming. War in the middle east is perpetual.

The mission statement from the president is to "bomb the shit out of them." So in a way it was a successful mission.

While a cute quip and a better strategy then fuck it leave the country. Still not the real mission statement.

Because of bombing, that is shirley it, not because of an ancient religion. (I'm sorry a religion stuck in ancient times)

We dropped the bombs. We are ultimatly responsible.

This action created more terrorism. Period. Full stop.

If Iraq cannot give us targets that dont actively create more terrorists, then we should not be taking their targets.

I dont disagree, but im thinking the US wants to be there because pulling out means leaving all of Iraq to Iran.

You trying to tell me the US is not at all responsible for the situation over there? They destabilized the region in the first place, I'm sure 99% of Iraqis preferred life under Saddam then what they have now. You don't really believe we are there for freedom do you Rod?

Well, let me rephrase it.

The US shouldnt continue dragging its name on the mud.

Because they don't have enough sense to relieve who is actually at fault here.

Like the ISIS shit heads that set these people up to die.

You know forced them into the basement and then used the roof as a combat point knowing the civilians would die.

Im sure killing a couple fighters was worth it. No way that guy holding a bag that used to be his pregnant wife is gonna hate the USA now.

And the people who found half of their 7 year old. They will certainly not hate the usa. We said we were just doing our jobs.
How about the guy who lost 32 members of his family?

I dont disagree, but im thinking the US wants to be there because pulling out means leaving all of Iraq to Iran.
That ship has sailed. The US getting rid of ISIS is just a little bit of tidying up before the new owners take over.

While a cute quip and a better strategy then fuck it leave the country. Still not the real mission statement.

The goal since 2004 has been the same. Jerry-rig a broken chair upright until someone else sits and breaks it and let them deal with it.

Back