More talent/skills in one fight, May/Pac or Rigo/Loma

I guess you could argue Loma/Rigo based on their amateur careers, but those guys haven't put together the professional resumes that Floyd and Manny had by the time they met.

It's definitely a lot of talent and skill though, and not something that happens all the time. It's the two best amateurs facing off against each other; the size disparity and Rigo's age are the only things that temper my excitement.

Mark my words, its gonna be a snooze fest. Just like Mayweather versus pacman.

Just bang bro.

Skill does not equal boring.

Boring doesn't mean you aren't world class.

If you could give these fighters haglers chin, shavers power and hearns reach would they fight the same? Probably not. Almost impossible question to answer.

May Pac. Im not sold on Loma due to resume. Not saying its his fault. But 10 fights with a loss... No signature wins except gary russel jr who is way smaller
How many fighters take their second pro bout against someone of the ability of salido?

How many fighters take their second pro bout against someone of the ability of salido?
I give him props but he did lose. His resume of wins is not nearly up to par with the hype. Espn have him ranked over every fighter in the world except GGG. That is insane based on resume.

There will be more feints and pivots in the 1st rd of Rigo-Loma than all of boxing history.

Last edited:
Mayweather Pacquaio is the answer but that's simply because Lomachenko has only had 10 fights as a professional, if we were talking 30 fights into his pro career then I'd say it might be more comparable. But we won't get to see that as Rigo will be way too old and many years retired. Definitely the 2 best amateurs that have faced off in a pro boxing match unless someone knows a better one from the history books.

Mark my words, its gonna be a snooze fest. Just like Mayweather versus pacman.
No way. Lomachenko fights in a way that it just isn't possible for it to be a boring fight. Mayweather was that much better than Pacman that he could effectively neutralise him. Rigo isn't good enough to neutralise Lomachenko in the same way.

May Pac. Im not sold on Loma due to resume. Not saying its his fault. But 10 fights with a loss... No signature wins except gary russel jr who is way smaller

you missed his fight vs Walters, who's big and good?

No way. Lomachenko fights in a way that it just isn't possible for it to be a boring fight. Mayweather was that much better than Pacman that he could effectively neutralise him. Rigo isn't good enough to neutralise Lomachenko in the same way.

I think rigo is alot like floyd but with more ko power!! He'll lose to someone similar to maidana, who overwhelms his opponents with action. Lomachenko doesn't have the power or in and out speed to beat rigo.

I think this Rigo v Loma will be fight of the year, I see Loma stopping him late on, his combos and footwork will wear him down imo

I think rigo is alot like floyd but with more ko power!! He'll lose to someone similar to maidana, who overwhelms his opponents with action. Lomachenko doesn't have the power or in and out speed to beat rigo.

Loma is very quick, works more than Rigo and is much bigger than him. His footwork will deprive Rigo from the way out he always finds. Rigo runs circles against a small Maidana, but if a boxer can overwhelm him, it's Lomachenko.

Back